нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News II
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Even if Universal's not so keen, "Chronicles of Riddick" creator David Twohy is still tinkering with the idea of a sequel [the 'no riddick sequel' petition is sure to kick off anyday now at petitiononline.com]. He says it'll depend how much bank the "Riddick" DVD makes, before anything is decided though.

“[Sequels are] still a possibility, but many eyes are watching this DVD release very closely,� Twohy tells Now Playing Magazine. “Remember that we were saying all along that we knew where the story goes from this point forward, but we hopefully didn’t have so much hubris to say that we were definitely making a trilogy out of this. What we were saying was, ‘We know what the macro arc is,’ and if we were fortunate enough to be successful in this one we knew where we would pick up in the next one. We had it in our minds and there are certain setups in The Chronicles of Riddick for future films, including the Shirah character who now appears in the [director’s cut DVD], a character who did not make it into the theatrical version at all.�

Twohy says if a sequel is made “We would talk a lot about the Underverse – this being the sort of collision of Heaven and Hell for the Necromonger empire – and what that all is, and we’d venture across it. We know the Lord Marshal character gained some powers there by stepping in, having one foot in this land of the Necromonger dead. And he came back with this power of soul separation. So it’s a very interesting place, and thought to be a physical place, and if we had the opportunity to continue the story we would surely like to go there.�
PostSat Nov 13, 2004 4:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Might those scary returns - and reviews - for "Chronicles of Riddick" turned star Vin - 'Mark Vincent' - Diesel off making a proposed third film in Twohy's series?

Maybe. He's not talking as if it's the sure-thing he was a few months back (so that could mean, and what's probably more the case, that it's Universal that doesn't want a stinkin' third chapter - not Diesel, who once said it'd be a trilogy to rival "Lord of the Rings") but did say there's a flatplan for a proposed follow-up.

According to Diesel, they've got "two more stories" they're looking at. "The cool thing about David and I working together is that David is a sci-fi guy and I’m a fantasy guy", Diesel tells GetOut Magzine. "David has written these incredible science-fiction pictures and I’ve spent my life playing Dungeons and Dragons and living in the world of fantasy."

Diesel's immediate focus is trying to get the long-planned "Hannibal" (nothing to with jailbirds that eat the flesh off guards faces) off the ground. "I’m dying to direct this," he says, adding that he’s going over conception art for the film. "I see the images in my head. When we have story meetings I end up acting out scenes — it’s my favorite story to tell."
PostSat Nov 13, 2004 4:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Craig Kilborn's first project since he left THE LATE LATE SHOW will be a Disney movie. The talk show host will turn actor in the remake of THE SHAGGY DOG. Kilborn appeared in OLD SCHOOL and will also be seen in CURSED this February.

The movie is about a man who turns from human to sheepdog and back again throughout the film. Tim Allen will play the human/sheepdog, Kristin David was cast as his wife, Kilborn will play their neighbor. Also recently added to the cast is SAW star Danny Glober, who'll play a district attorney in DOG.

THE SHAGGY DOG will be directed by Brian Robbins and shooting will begin next week. "Varsity Blues" director Brian Robbins will direct the project, which will begin shooting Nov. 14.

Nicholas Cage, along with his Saturn Films partner Norm Golightly, will produce the movie NEXT in which he'll have the lead. Gary Goldman will write the script as well as be an executive producer of this Revolution Studios project.

NEXT, which will be directed by Lee Tamahori, is about a man who can see the future and change events before they happen. Eventually, he is forced to choose between saving the world and saving himself.

Shooting is expected to start next summer. No release dates has be set.
PostSat Nov 13, 2004 4:38 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
A new type of DVD featurette: Reasons Why You Hated This Movie

Excerpt:

Quote:
Eric Matthies, who produced the upcoming Ultimate Matrix Collection DVD box set, told Sci Fi Wire that Matrix creators Andy and Larry Wachowski came up with the notion of including two new commentary tracks, in which philosophers analyze all three films and critics explain why they panned them. "The idea was given birth by Andy and Larry Wachowski," Matthies said in an interview. "The studio kind of balked at it originally, because it was a pretty controversial idea, what they wanted to do and actually succeeded in doing. ... The studio was never going to go for an idea like that: people criticizing the film on the disc. So that was a major thing there that they were involved in. They actually wrote an explanatory introduction to it that's included."

One commentary features well-known scholars Cornel West and Ken Wilbur, who explore the significance of the films and their underlying philosophy. "The two of them watched all three movies and really picked them apart in terms of what some of the meanings could be interpreted from it," Matthies said. "They don't give definitive answers, they show you ways to look at the film." (West also has a role in The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions as one of the Zion council elders.)

On another track, viewers can hear the dissenting opinions of film critics Todd McCarthy (Variety), John Powers (L.A. Weekly) and David Thomson (Salon.com), all of whom gave the original film a negative review. "The controversial part is that we have what Andy and Larry sort of saw as the opposite perspective," Matthies said. "We went out and got three critics who really didn't like the movie and had written bad reviews. So those three critics composed the other commentary track on all three films. And you can bounce between them, I understand. So you'll be able to sort of get both sides."

PostMon Nov 15, 2004 6:50 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Even if he admits he didn't really need Tom Hanks status to help make THE DA VINCI CODE a success, Ron Howard has casted the star to play the lead character in his upcoming project.

THE DA VINCI CODE is the movie version of Dan Brown hit novel of the same name about the Holy Grail-seeking professor Robert Langdon. The book will be adapted by Gary Susman.

Tom Hanks will be supported by an international cast and not just American actors playing Europeans. CODE's producer Brian Grazer says that Jean Reno is on his short list to play cop Bezu Fache.

THE DA VINCI CODE will be the third film Hanks and Howard work on together. They worked on SPLASH and APOLLO 13.

(to this I say bah! he just doesn't fit my idea of Langdon at all. I hate it when they cast stars just because the star wants the role)

Sci Fi Channel is renewing STARGATE ATLANTIS for a second season and STARGATE SG-1 for a ninth. Both shows helped Schi Fi Channel get its highest rated summer in 2004.

Both series got a 20-episode order to premiere in summer 2005. Production will begin next March. Until then, both series will resume their current season in January with new episodes.
PostMon Nov 15, 2004 1:49 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
From CNN:

Quote:
Walt Disney Studios is actively proceeding with a second sequel to Pixar Animation's "Toy Story" franchise, a move that could make it more difficult for the two companies to extend their rocky relationship.

Disney is in the process of setting up a digital animation facility in Glendale -- not far from the digs of its bitter rival DreamWorks Animation -- that will be used for the production of "Toy Story 3."

While Disney has the rights to do sequels to "Toy Story," it has held off from doing so in the past, in part in deference to Pixar CEO Steve Jobs and executive VP John Lasseter, both of whom haven't wanted to lose control of the characters.

But with Pixar announcing earlier this year that it would end its distribution relationship with Disney following the 2005 release of the Lasseter-directed "Cars," Disney CEO Michael Eisner and studio head Dick Cook have signaled their determination to bring Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the gang back to the big screen.

The project falls under the aegis of David Stainton, president of Walt Disney Feature Animation. Andrew Millstein, who headed the company's now-shuttered animation facility in Orlando, also is involved and has begun the process of recruiting animation heavyweights from rival animation studios and effects shops.

Neither Disney nor Pixar would comment.

FUCK!
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 4:07 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Just remember, Eisner is on the way out and there is a possibility that Stainton wil be as well.
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 6:47 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Yeah, that's right.

New hitchhiker's stuff...

A new trailer, and some production art.

update by andro: the trailer's not new, it was seen months ago (July) at Comic-Con International, the only difference between the two is a wee shot at the end of it of the sctual guide
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostWed Nov 17, 2004 3:54 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
To celebrate The King's 50th anniversary, Japan will be releasing a brand-new Godzilla movie next month, "Final Wars." From the way it's looking so far, DUUUUUUUUUUDE.

The movie will feature a whopping SIXTEEN monsters, TWO Godzillas (the original Japanese version and the Americanized Roland Emmerich version [no joke]), one alien race from a previous Godzilla movie, and a cross-over of another Japanese monster separate from the Godzilla universe, Atragon.

Be sure to check out this site for a synopsis, pictures, and one of the coolest movie posters I've seen in a long time.
PostWed Nov 17, 2004 7:46 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
TWO Godzillas (the original Japanese version and the Americanized Roland Emmerich version [no joke])

I hope the real Godzilla kicks our Godzilla's ass, frankly, we have it coming.
PostWed Nov 17, 2004 8:31 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thanks to Comcast's all around lack of being able to run a television network, they have decided to fire 11 hosts from shows on G4Techtv on November 11th in an attempt to "revamp" the network. Here is a list of the fallen....sorry i mean fired....

Dan Huard - "The Screen Savers"
Alex Albrecht - "The Screen Savers"
Yoshi Deherrera - "The Screen Savers"
Adam Wright - "The Screen Savers"
Patrick Clark - "Pulse"
Amanda Mackay - "Pulse"
Martin Sargeant - "Unscrewed with Martin Sargeant"
Laura Swisher - "Unscrewed with Martin Sargeant"
Joey the Intern - "Unscrewed with Martin Sargeant"
Cory Rouse - "Cheat"
Rossi Morreale - "Sweat"

...add to that several people who ran the shows in the background. As of now it stands to be...

Revamped
The Screen Savers
Cheat
Sweat

Cancelled
Pulse
Unscrewed with Martin Sargeant

....for those who care, remember the 11 who were fired on 11/11, and give a big "Screw you!" to Comcast.
PostWed Nov 17, 2004 11:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm glad I dont get G4Tech if so I'd be so pissed. Yoshi was a great guy and an awesome modder. Unscrewed with Martin Sergent was like the last bastion of raunchy late night talk shows besides Stern.

This channel went to hell.
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 6:57 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Update on Godzilla: Final Wars (scroll up a few posts): Trailers are now available at Tokyo Monsters.

http://www.tokyomonsters.com/videos-trailers-2004-FinalWars.php
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 9:56 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Mrs. Doubtfire isn't finished yet. Eleven years after the Robin Williams drag comedy appeared on the big screen, a sequel to the hit film is in the works at Fox.

Williams is in early talks to reprise his role as Mrs. Doubtfire, and to resume producing duties with his wife, Marsha Williams. Bonnie Hunt also is in talks to pen the project.

In the original, directed by Chris Columbus, Williams played an estranged father who poses as a Scottish nanny, Euphegenia Doubtfire, in order to get access to his children and successfully bypass his ex-wife (Sally Field). The film grossed $219 million domestically.

The film garnered two Golden Globes in 1994, one for best picture (comedy/musical) and one for Williams as best actor in a comedy/musical. The film also won an Oscar for best makeup for Williams' elaborate transformation into a frumpy, bespectacled older woman.
PostSat Nov 20, 2004 6:48 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
A new bill before Congress could make fast-forwarding through ads and previews on a DVD you watch at home illegal.

The bill allows for technology that lets families edit out explicit scenes or material. But broadcast companies have lobbied hard to keep commercials and movie trailers off-limits.

"Their concern is, if it becomes easy for people to skip ads, then their whole business model goes down the drain," said Gigi Sohn, of Public Knowledge, a Washington, D.C. advocacy group.

Media executives said their goal is not to throw people in jail for skipping ads, but they are trying to protect the motion picture business.
PostWed Nov 24, 2004 3:31 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: