нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Computer FAQ
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Computer FAQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
just do what I do when my laptop acts up. beat it with a hammer 3 times, dump 1 cuo of water on it then repeat until working.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Nov 19, 2002 1:32 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
...well, i'm glad to say i'm typing this from my laptop keyboard...

...after failing various times with the 'dust removal' solution that the dell rep gave me last time, i decided to try it one more time, after disconnecting everything connected to my system (even the adaptor)...apparently that did the trick, because i turned the system on and keys were responding again...

...thanks for the help doug; i'll buy ya a drink at martin's bar...and spook, i'll keep that in mind for next time =)
PostTue Nov 19, 2002 2:53 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
always here to help. help or make things worse. I forget which one.

PostTue Nov 19, 2002 10:32 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Is USB 2.0 or FireWire faster?
PostSat Nov 30, 2002 10:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think usb 2.0 is, but they are pretty close if I remember. It's basicly up to personal preference/whatever the component you got uses.

PostSat Nov 30, 2002 11:47 pm
boooyabrandon

Post subject:
USB 2.0's spec is 450 Mbps and firewire's is 400 Mbps. However techtv's tests say that firewire is faster anyway.
PostSun Dec 01, 2002 10:23 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
boooyabrandon wrote:
USB 2.0's spec is 450 Mbps and firewire's is 400 Mbps. However techtv's tests say that firewire is faster anyway.

It's all about how the perifial was designed to use the ports (and the quality of the perifial) firewire is basicly for things like camera's and stuff just because it became the industry standard on accountt hat usb 1.0 was too slow., usb 2.0 is the standard for things like... everything else.

PostSun Dec 01, 2002 3:08 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
USB 2 is packet-based, while FireWire is stream-based (from what I gather). More overhead with USB 2.
While FireWire's maximum theoretical speed is slower, its real-world speeds are higher. It's best used for portable hard drives, and other devices that you need high speed for.
Also, with USB 2 if you have any USB 1.1 devices (mice, heyboards, older deivces) hooked into the same bus (hubs, cheaper motherboards with one bus for multiple ports), all USB 2 devices will run at USB 1.1 speeds.

Here's a TechTV article with comarisons and benchmarks - http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3393571,00.html
PostSun Dec 01, 2002 8:15 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
does anyone know how to use a stack?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Dec 02, 2002 7:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Stack of what?
PostMon Dec 02, 2002 8:03 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
arrays...
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Dec 02, 2002 8:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BebopDeathGod

Post subject:
What is the difference between all of the different types of RAM?
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 9:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
speeds and arcitecture. though, basicly they biggest difference is how much money you want to spend. while rdram is lightning fast, it is expensive and must be bought in duplicate pairs. so not only is just buying one stick more expensive, you MUST buy a second stick of the same thing to make it work. Unless you're doing professional grade highly intensive processor heavy work (such as high end 3d and video editing, it really doesn't matter and ddr ram is the best investment and it over all isn't noticably slower.

PostThu Feb 27, 2003 12:32 am
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
arrays...

What type of array? RAID, JBOD, ...

(RAID - Redundant Array of Independent Disks) Speed/Data security or both
(JBOD- Just a Bunch Of Disks)-lots of disk space with out buying new drives or having a lot of drive letters.
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 2:17 am
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
Here's a question from a Linux n00b (I'm still learning)

So I built myself a happy Linux sever. I bring it to school. I connect it to the network. I can use the net. Victoloy. I try and connect it to the Windows Networking Workgroup we have here.

I start configuring Debian (I think? I can't remember the package name...). I correctly configure it so my Linux server shows up on the workgroup from my Windows machine, and from every other Windows machine on the network. I try to connect to it through a Windows Machine.

Defeatu.

Whenever I try to connect, it gives me an error message to the effect of "There is no service operating there". I'm all like, "Ok." So I go into the Run Level Manager and enable Debian in my Run Level. I restart the service. Still nothing. I add Debian to start up with my current Run Level. I restart the computer. Still nothing. I get pissed, turn off my Linux b0x and leave it alone for two weeks. This brings me to now.

Anyone have any ideas?

(And also, whenever I run a Linux game server such as JK, MOHAA, or even Tribes the games are never visable on either the network or the Internet. Are the problems related?)
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 3:24 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: