нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Griping about relationships thread
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Griping about relationships thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
A)Don't try to hide your geekdom in any way. Embrace it. Once you graduate High Schoo no gives a flying [frick*] how you act, just whether they get along with you. But JP is right, don't FLAUNT it. Know what you are and be it. Don't push it on anyway because it won't change the way they react to you.

B)If you own Pokemon Hentai, you've got bigger problems than making friends.

*do you guys cuss here?

I'm not saying to hide it, just keep it reigned in for a little while, feel her out first is all I was saying.

and if you own pokemon hentai, they are the only friends you will ever need (and the only ones you'll ever get)

and fuck no we don't cuss. shit, you think this bitch ass board is made up of teens, adults, and an old man?

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSun Mar 16, 2003 3:35 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
This reminds me about Jay's rap from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

(Warning: shitload of popups)
PostSun Mar 16, 2003 4:06 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
if you own pokemon hentai, they are the only friends you will ever need (and the only ones you'll ever get)
Motherfuckin quote of the yizzear.

And a feeling out is probably good if you're the type who needs to BROADCAST your geekdom. Me, I can go 5, 6 hours without discussing Inu-Yasha. No, really.
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 1:24 pm
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
I am incredibly shy when it comes to lads I like. The last crush I had was on someone who was one of the better friends I had made since coming to uni. I sent him a text when I was drunk telling him I liked him, because that was the only time I had enough courage to tell him I liked him, simply because I was afraid that if he didn't like me in that way he would go all uncomfortable around me and stop speaking. As it happened, he was fine about it. Until a month or so later when he decided to tell me that he liked me as well. This was in late october. It wasn't until december that things actually happened. We went out a few times, and...yeah.

A week later, he tells me that he doesn't want a serious relationship. And I'm like, huh? I wasn't aware that we were even dating properly. He then proceeds to not speak to me for a month over Christmas vacation. And now, he only speaks to me every so often in a normal situation, ignoring me the rest of the time. Except for when he is drunk, he is all over me, hugging me, running his hands through my hair etc. This culminated in meeting in a club on saturday night, and a few choice words were had. I doubt I will be speaking to him again. Which is a shame, because I miss him more as a friend than anything else.

Why am I telling you all this, particularly in a forum which my sister comes to as well? I'm not sure either. My problem is, I've met this other lad, who I don't know that well but is really nice and funny, and big on practical jokes (today's example was him throwing his mates baseball cap from the back to the front of our lecture theatre when the lecturer's back was turned). According to his mates, he is most probably interested (they haven't actually asked him, typical lads). Thing is, again I'm really shy around him and have issues going to talk to him. Also, I don't want to end up in the same situation as last time, where he suddenly decides he's not that bothered and completely stops speaking to me.

Also, Mith: I would put forward (based on my own experiences) that men cause a hell of a lot of trouble themselves. Just so you know.

/rant. sorry.
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 2:12 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:
Beatdiggga wrote:
And in public, NEVER show your nerdliness. It's the biggest turnoff in the free world. (I don't consider myself a nerd, just a bit shy at times)

Well, you can be a little geeky. In fact, often times girls will be attracted to certain geek qualities in guys (I know plenty of girls who think the lead singer from Weezer is hot... no kidding!). But you don't want to be showing off your Mint In Box Boba Fett or your Pokemon Hentai collection.....
A)Don't try to hide your geekdom in any way. Embrace it. Once you graduate High Schoo no gives a flying [frick*] how you act, just whether they get along with you. But JP is right, don't FLAUNT it. Know what you are and be it. Don't push it on anyway because it won't change the way they react to you.

B)If you own Pokemon Hentai, you've got bigger problems than making friends.

*do you guys cuss here?

There's something about knowing a lot about anime that justs make women turn away in disgust. It sucks ass.
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 2:26 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
it's so nice being able to play dumb. only problem for me is my life is animation and that's not really very macho and can easily turn a girl away, but then again if it turns a girl away screw them they weren't worth it in the first place.

PostMon Mar 17, 2003 2:44 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
How many women get turned off by anime talk anyway? I mean, anime fans come in all shapes and sizes. Some of them may only like one show, some may be uber-obsessed. (Although none of them are probably worried about dates anyway)

I personally think that a furry fetish is a much bigger turnoff than an anime fandom could ever be. Rolling Eyes
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 2:56 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
furries have their own subworld to find their own kind. and the otaku is much worse off than a furry. Anime isn't as popular as you people think, animation isn't as popular as you people think. pretty much the only girls who are as into anime as most of you are are hidiously ungly annoying flesh sacks of gross. you're much better off finding a girl who plays video games but isn't a fan of anime or something. mlah.

PostMon Mar 17, 2003 4:05 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Exactly what I've been saying, only with added anti-furry comments.
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 4:31 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
what? all I said was they had a subworld to find mates, which they do... and much more effeciantly than otaku's ever could.

PostMon Mar 17, 2003 5:30 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Girls that like video games are rare. Girls that like cartoons are not quite as rare. Girls that like anime are 5 times as rare. Look at this board. 5 chicks.

And it doesn't look like the Paradox is going to prom. I can't find any other solution; I'm simply unlucky with girls. People with many more flaws than me get chicks. It's depressing. And annoying. BAH!

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 9:14 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
every girl at my school plays video games, not all of them watch cartoons or anime.

PostTue Mar 18, 2003 1:42 am
DeeLite

Frequenter

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Girls that like video games are rare. Girls that like cartoons are not quite as rare. Girls that like anime are 5 times as rare. Look at this board. 5 chicks.

Would that a good thing or bad? Because I don't want to be considered part of a rare hideously slabby underworld girls you know...

Well, in my case when it came to dating guys I never had the mega problem so to say. I was also never the utlra-mean kind of girl toward guys either, defiantly sort of shy ... that is sort of.

In any case now I have been in a serious relationship with someone for the pass four years ... yeah four years. Oddly he and I were not fond of each other when we first met, infact we were both seeing different people at that time also. But things happened and with time there was like a complete change of heart, I suppose that's just one of life's little corks.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 2:35 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Actually, I know a few really good looking girls who are into anime... the problem is, they get snatched up really quick...

Wish I could post some pics of some of my good-looking anime chick friends, or even some pics of really hot girls I've met at the Anime Central convention, but I have neither a scanner nor the webspace to store and link them. I could show pics of my little sister in here, because from what my friends say (and from the looks she gets whenever she visits anime club meetings or anime conventions) she's supposedly good looking. Of course, being an older brother, I don't see it. Plus I usually end up beating up any guy who says that my sister is a "hottie". That's just creepy.

But, essentially, most girls who are into anime are not as psychotically obsessed with it as most fanboys. The the few that are tend to be... how should I put this gently?... YIKES!! But you don't have to hold out for a girl who's into everything that you're into, because it'll probably never happen. Which, again, is probably why it is wise to conserve your most geeky parts of your personality until you are confortable enough with a woman to share them with her.

Of course, if you can draw (and do it very well), then you can always go for the "sensitive artist" angle. It's worked for me, and it usually takes girls a couple weeks to realize that the only things I like to draw are cartoon and anime characters instead of landscapes and that sort of thing. Twisted Evil

As for my relationship problems, I currently have none, because I currently have no romantic relationships. Yes, I've had probably the longest dry spell among all of my friends (with the exception of a couple of guys I know who have never had girlfriends), but I'm not really worried about it. Simply put, I don't have the time or stability in my life right now to be a very good boyfriend. I'm at a point in my life where I'm desperately trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do next (I'll be graduating some time next year, and I still don't know what I'm going to do after that), and having to contend with the emotional gymnastics that having a girlfriend always creates is something that I just can't do right now. Who knows, hopefully I'll be able to settle down my life a bit at the end of this semester and then "get back into the game", so to speak...

JohnnyPsycho's romantic record sheet:

No. of girlfriends (both serious and not-so-serious): 3
Longest relationship: 2 years
Shortest relationship: 2 weeks
No. of serious marriage prospects: ...yeah right... Laughing

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 4:09 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
You see I managed to find one of those rare female anime/video game lovers. Ok so maybe she wasn't the most attractive person I knew, but if she put some makeup on once in a while maybe that would change things. Too bad she doesn't want a relationship until she's in her 30's at least.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 9:32 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: