нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Two Towers Tonight!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Two Towers Tonight!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
it was all just perfect timing, and you did forget something... Roberto Benigni's Pinocchio, The Adventures of Pluto Nash, and Life or Something Like It. I mean really, how could you forget those?

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 4:21 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I forgot those quite easily.
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 4:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Because....they sorta sucked. Accept for Life or Something Like It.
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 4:38 pm
funkymunky

Post subject:
well i got a comment about the original topic of the post....

i thought two towers was a fantastic movie, and it kinda shows up the new star wars films for the second rate special effects shows that they are ...*cringes* sorry i hate to slag off star wars but it had to be said :/
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 4:56 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey! The monkey that is spooky! Don't knock Roberto Benigni! If you've seen Johnny Stecchino, you'd agree that he's allowed to make a sucky movie or 10. Seriously, funniest foreign film I've seen, Johnny Stecchino (Or Johnny Toothpick in english.) Find it if you can. It's worth it.

Honestly, I can't look at a banana the same way since seeing that movie.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 5:43 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
no no, I don't have a problem with roberto, I just had to attach his name to make sure everyone knew which version of pinnochio I was talkin aboutz. Every actor/ess is entitled to make a crappy movie or two, doesn't mean they can't be poked fun of for it though.

PostFri Jan 03, 2003 7:03 pm
quiet_rain00

Post subject:
yea i saw it sometime during winter break at like 8:30 at night! that was the first movie I have ever seen at night time! it was awesome! I really liked the movie I loved the part were Golem is like talking to himself it was really funny!! me and my cousin couldn not stop laughing!
PostSat Jan 04, 2003 12:55 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
quiet_rain00 wrote:
yea i saw it sometime during winter break at like 8:30 at night! that was the first movie I have ever seen at night time!

no offense or anything, but are you only like 14 or something?

PostSat Jan 04, 2003 2:44 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
That doesn't sound intelligent enough to have come from a 14 year old...
PostSat Jan 04, 2003 3:14 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Not to be nit picky, but it's Gollum, not Golem. Gollum is named for the sound that he makes semi-constantly. It sounded like a cough in the movie, but from the little bit of hte book that I read I thought it was more of a swallowing sound.

A Golem is a creature made of rock. Not sure where in the world this mythology originated, but you see it in various TV shows and video games and movies.

PostSat Jan 04, 2003 3:40 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
That doesn't sound intelligent enough to have come from a 14 year old...

I know, but I was trying to hope for at least 14.

PostSat Jan 04, 2003 4:50 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
A Golem is a creature made of rock. Not sure where in the world this mythology originated, but you see it in various TV shows and video games and movies.

Eastern European Jewish legends. I think probably Austria-Hungary. That's what I remember from my D&D manuals. Smile
PostSat Jan 04, 2003 9:06 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
That'll work.

PostSun Jan 05, 2003 11:00 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
You can also make one out of iron, or a number of othet solid materials. They're controled by their creator, and if he dies, the Golem obeys its maker's last command until someone comes along and blows up/kills /gibs it.
PostSun Jan 05, 2003 3:02 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
I have a few questions about LOTR. I haven't read any of the books or seen either of the movies or know anything about the plot. But with all you guys getting exited over it, I thought I might get into it. Here goes:

1. Would it be better to read the books first, then watch the movies, or vice versa?

2. Are there books that take place before LOTR? And what are they?

3. How many books are there in the entire thing?

4. Are the games any good?

I think that's about it. Any insight would be appreciated.

Watch the movies first, if you truly appreciate the books you'll be truely dissapointed in the movies.
there is the hobbit and sillimarion and a few other books in that universe. exactly i can't say some were published posthumously
dunno bout the games

Quote:
Just a thought: I find it friggin' AMAZING that an old English Catholic guy like J.R.R. Tolkien could write such wonderfully cool shit. It's like going to your local nursing home and visiting a patient, only to find out they have the entire NGE collection under their bed, and a GameCube hooked up to their TV.

it was in fact an allegory and very christian book. the references and parallels to the christian faith were flooded throughout. Also it was kinda a world war two allegory...

Quote:
John, if you had read the books, you would be saying, "What in the holy hells of Bilbo did they do to the Treants?"

*Spoilers ahead. I don't care if you object, this needs to be said. If you don't like it, read a book. I'd suggest something by Tolkien, like say, The Two Towers*
1. Actually, the graphic portrayal of them is quite good. Mad props, at least on that count.
2. All history of what the Ents are was erased. They didn't just APPEAR in a certain spot, but some older ones (i.e. Treebeard) had been all around the world, and eventually settled in that one spot.
3. Did they completely forget that they even referred to the Ents as "treeherders?" Why didn't the Ents take their forests with them? They did in the book, because Ents are not all-powerful. Pika-pika-IDIOT.
4. We can all agree that the Ents do not make snap decisions. This was covered in the movie. The Entmarch was about discussion to form a decision. It had Ents from all over the forest, who knew of the exploits of the orcs. And yet, in the movie, Treebeard goes near Isengard, sees the destruction he already knew about, and calls all his bretheren to attack at once. There is no thought, only action. All I can say about this is no, No, NO, NO!!

[/rant]
More as discussion warrants.

oh you ended your rant far too soon. there was so much more the Ents should have been. I found them in particular dissapointing. The Huorns should have at least made an appearance.

Quote:
FINALLY saw The Two Towers. 2 favorite parts were the Ents stomping on orcs (or were they Oudaki (sp?))

yes it was a cool seen i grant you that... and they were orcs.. but of a different breed the fighting uruk-hai. Special bred by Saruman.

After seeing the first movie I was very hopeful to see this one. But upon seeing it I have to say I personally am very disappointed overall. The movie really didn't stand on its own at all. It didn't live up to the books. The character development was weak to say the least. Major parts of the plot were just left missing. The only good thing about it was the relationship between arwen and aragorn was made more clear, which basically didn't exist in the books,(but as it is the only love story in the whole thing they had to embellish it didn't they?) . Other than that the movie pretty much sucked compared to the books. There was just not enough plot.
Where the Fellowship was a film this is just a movie.

And for all of you who say that it couldn't be made right with out making it 6 hours long. I don't care I'd have rather held my bladder for 6 hours than watch the piece of special effect rubbish they made.
2 thumbs way down.

oh and about the golem, yes it was eastern european austro hungarian jewish folk tale. A rabbi delved into magic books and learned the art of making the golem. Made one for his rich friend. said freind let it grow out of proportion. and upon destroying the golem by erasing the letters tat spelled truth on its forhead to make it spell death the golem crumbled onto the master crushing him to death as well. that is pretty much the origional golem folk tale.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostFri Jan 10, 2003 2:02 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: