нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - What is the best game of 2004?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
What is the best game of 2004?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject: What is the best game of 2004?
This could be a poll but, I wanted it to be everyone's thoughts straight forward. So my fellow game fans what is the best game of 2004?
PostFri Dec 17, 2004 1:55 pm
just

Veteran

Post subject:
Halo 2. Everyone is going insane about that game!!! It looks pretty good too.
PostFri Dec 17, 2004 2:03 pm
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
I know that Halo 2 is going to win, but I don't really like first person shooters. I am going to vote for Ace Combat 5 (even though I am probably the only one who likes that game) and for the second place I would say GTA San Andreas.
PostFri Dec 17, 2004 5:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Half Life 2

Halo2 is overrated and FPS games on a console suck.
PostFri Dec 17, 2004 7:32 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
This thread is BS. It's not even semi-anime related. But because I need to bash console FPS's...

Halo 2 is good, from what I've heard. Some even say better than sex. I don't doubt them. But Half-Life 2 is perfection delivered straight up. I doubt there's ever going to be a better game. I might play Halo 2 (once the PC version is released, you know it'll eventually happen) or FarCry, but nothing will beat HL2, except HL3, which is just a dream right now. You can't do an FPS right without a mouse.

And though this unrelated to the subject at some point I do intend to play Ace Combat 5, and probably enjoy it, so you're not alone Berserk.
PostFri Dec 17, 2004 7:40 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
this topic is actually one of the more valid posted in the past week or so, but should probably be in the misc. babble forum, since that's where the gaming threads reside...

my pick for game of 2004? kinda tough, seeing as the only games i picked up that were released this year were compilations of games from yesteryear (street fighter, mega man, atari, and sonic collections)...the only game i rented that was released this year was "smackdown vs. raw", a title i really wanted to like, but didn't raise the bar as much as "smackdown: here comes the pain" did last year...i've rocked a little bit of halo 2 (multiplayer only), which was fun but seemed to be more of the same...the other 'big' titles (san andreas, metroid prime 2, half life 2) i haven't gotten to play at all yet, so i can't vote for any of those...

Tales Of Symphonia gets my nomination hands-down...not since Final Fantasy VII has there been a game on a console i didn't have that ate away at me so much...once the next-gen systems come out, i'll probably buy a gamecube for the primary purpose of sitting down and playing through this game...

...so there's my pick, feel free to hack it apart...
PostFri Dec 17, 2004 9:34 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
this topic is actually one of the more valid posted in the past week or so, but should probably be in the misc. babble forum, since that's where the gaming threads reside...

Done.
PostSat Dec 18, 2004 12:08 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hmmm, I'd have to say it's a toss up for me Tales Of Symphonia, This year I haven't spent more time playing a game more then ToS.
And Metal Gear Solid 3. It was nice to get a little backstory on Big Boss. And The Boss was a very interesting character. Also MGS3 had one of the best boss battles in the MGS Series, The End. And I found the Snake vs Monkey mini-game to be fun.
PostSat Dec 18, 2004 7:12 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I dont have Metroid Prime 2 yet, but I assume it's liquid awesome solidified into disc form (I'll know for certain in, oh, 7 days). It even has the return of the Screw Attack, which is great for a multitude of reasons, including how it works, how it looks, and especially it's name.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Dec 18, 2004 2:31 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, MP was great. And from what I hear MP2 is great too.. Only problem I had with MP was the backtracking(and the lack of the cool Voice over which was in the PAL Version). While I know it's the same with every Metroid but it's was a bit of a pain in MP....
PostSat Dec 18, 2004 3:00 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Well I just beat HL2 a little more than 24hrs after purchasing it. Now I can say that i've played both Halo2 and HL2. I can tell you now that Halo2 is so fucking over hyped its not even funny. The only problem i had with HL2 is that it was to damn short.
PostSat Dec 18, 2004 11:57 pm
just

Veteran

Post subject:
I'm really only into fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Streetfighter.
Halo 2 may change my way of gaming....(if I ever get it)
PostMon Dec 20, 2004 12:06 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
I have to mention one of the most influential games of our year. Katamari Damacy, alternately ridiculed, revered, and puzzled over, has gone from a diversionary little game from a well-known developer to virtually a household icon. Few people are unaware of this game, and most have a strong opinion about it. This game, I'm sure, was far more successful than anyone anticipated.

That being said, I think ToS is the best new game I've run across. The story is wonderful, the characters engaging, and the gameplay dynamic. Rarely does one see such care and effort put into the production of a story in interactive form. The battle system, while not perfect, is the action-oriented style from previous Tales games, and supports four players. All around, a wonderful game to play alone or with friends.

[/gush]
PostMon Dec 20, 2004 10:42 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
I have never heard, much less seen, Katamari Damacy.
PostTue Dec 21, 2004 7:07 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, Katamari Damacy was one of those under the radar games. But recently Toonami did a review of it. seems like it would be a fun game to play
PostTue Dec 21, 2004 7:40 am
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: