нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - ....what happend here?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
....what happend here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
What the hell is happening here? When I joined this site last year, it wasn't as alive as I heard it once was, but it sure as hell was more active than this! I find myself making polls just to get people to talk for something other than finding music you heard in a promo or some shit. It makes me wish I'd joined during this site's prime time. You guys seemed to have alot of fun. Barely any one talks anymore and many new people lose interest in the site early on because of this, and most importantly, I'm starting to get bored! I understand that the people with most to contribute are the site's veterans, and they now have lives---or so I hear Wink ---but we need to do something. To be honest, I myself am only a casual watcher of most television. I grew up somewhat after Generation X and the rise of this site and the Internet, so I don't exactly have crazy amounts of enthusiasm in and about what most of you guys were and are talking about now and at the time, or as much interest or expertise. Though I agree Toonami is not at the caliber it once was, I'd like this site to actually live, at least until all of you vets have retired, then I'll take an early retirement too, as there will no longer be any reason to stay here. But until then, someone has to breath life into this place. And that's my 253 cents. You guys are great, and I would very much appreciate a response.
PostThu Aug 16, 2007 10:09 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sorry rizwan, I really can't think of much to add to my earlier response in this thread. I do appreciate your efforts in creating new topics though, and you've likely become the most active resident on the Infolink to have joined within the past year. It may look bleak around here, but I think a few of us will continue to lurk until Tyler closes down shop once and for all...

By the way, your Garfield quote seems to be an apt description of current events around here...
PostSun Aug 19, 2007 9:29 am
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
Thanks, JJ. And I'll try not to lose all hope.
PostSun Aug 19, 2007 10:19 am
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hope is never lost, it just slides between the cushins until someone needs some change for a snack run.
PostSun Aug 19, 2007 4:09 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
I agree. Also I once found a flashlight like that.
PostMon Aug 27, 2007 9:58 am
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
I often find the TV remote there.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostMon Aug 27, 2007 9:40 pm
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
Sure, since everyone else is coming out of the woodwork...

I used to have TDA and Infolink as my homepage for the longest time, but I've slowly drifted away due to changes of interest in college and what not. I still watch Adult Swim of course and Toonami whenever I catch it on Saturdays but honestly anime in general has sort of become a very secondary option in my nerd life. However, I could never leave it completely alone. I've had a variety of experiences over the past year that, had I never been into anime and had my interest fueled by these very boards, may never have happened to me later in life.

I lived over in Japan, about 40 minutes north of Kyoto by train for about 14 months last year till this August (I spent the summers in Nagano). I've now learned enough Japanese to be able to watch anime, J-drama, and the occasional news show unsubbed and spent the year over there studying traditional puppetry. If it weren't for me being interested in Japanese animation and Toonami back in middle and high school I would have never have done it. Weird where life takes you eh?

I hope this place makes a comeback someday. Until then I suppose I'll be like the rest of you....checking in every so often.
Google.com
LiveJournal
PostTue Oct 16, 2007 11:39 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey Shinobo, glad to hear you've been doing well, though once again I'm jealous to hear that someone else from these boards has been hanging out in Japan. How funny would it be if you ended up crossing paths with dillpops over there?
PostTue Oct 16, 2007 10:40 pm
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
Alright, it's been a couple months. I thinks it's time to bitch again. I'll try to keep this short. I was reading "To ALL Infolink Members. Please Read." under "Site/Forum Discussion" for some reason yesterday, and I got a bit more of a feel for what this place used to be like. I was seeing names in there that I haven't seen anywhere else. I'm pretty sure the only communication I've ever had with Tyler was for my user account activation. You guys seemed pretty tight. So what, did you all just get lives and decide didn't have any more time to come here? From what I've seen, most of you still watch anime, you just don't discuss it. Well, discuss it, please. All the long lost veterans seemed pretty cool, and I want to hear your views on stuff too. I want to discuss stuff with the people who used to come here and talk alot. The people who participated in the thread I mentioned earlier had stuff to talk about. No one else seems to talk at all. If you guys have something to contribute, do it, or at least get those of us that still have hope for this place, like me, more interested. Make us feel as strongly about this stuff as you did. Well, I did a pretty crappy job of keeping this short. At least I'll get a reply to this post, so it might still serve its purpose and get some vet to come out of hibernation, even if it's only for a few days. Hopefully, this little spring I've predicted will last longer than I think. Wink

Are you happy? You got my undies in a bunch, and you wrecked the Peterson's yard! I hope your proud of yourselves. No Ovaltine for a week!

Last edited by rizwan787 on Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 1:15 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Well, Toonami's not terribly interesting anymore, and most of us in our old age have Other Things to do now (I'm running a company).
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 7:43 pm
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
Well congrats, first of all. And you're right, Toonami's not exactly up to par as compared to previous years, but since when has this site been limited to talking just about stuff currently on Toonami? What's it like being the head of your own company? And what's it do? I do appreciate the reply and to finally have conversed with dude who is Tyler.

*Hallelujah chorus is singing in background.*
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 8:30 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
rizwan787 wrote:
You guys seemed pretty tight. So what, did you all just get lives and decide didn't have any more time to come here?

Dunno if it was so much "deciding" as it was simply growing up. One thing to keep in mind is how long this community's been around. The original T:DA message board dates back at least seven years (I joined in October 2001, and it was well-established then). The community that existed here during its heyday was basically in the high school/college age-range (with exceptions on both ends for guys like Nobuyuki and GoufCustom)...

If you check the archives, this place was still hopping through 2005, which was about four years after the bulk of us met up. Most of the population here is from the U.S., so think about it. People in high school moved onto college. People in college graduated and (presumably) entered the "real world". I'm not sure how old you are rizwan, but increased responsibility begins to take its toll on free time...

As I said earlier in this thread, any message board needs a constant influx of new members to take over as the older crowd fades out. I remember a lot of new faces joining up in the 2003-2004 timeframe, but very few of them hung around. Part of this was the age gap created by the block itself. When most of us joined up here, Toonami was THE cutting-edge provider of action animation skewing at the teenager-and-up "older" crowd. When Adult Swim was created and took that crown, the Toonami viewership dropped to a younger age bracket, and the younger people that joined this message board didn't click with the old-timers...

Putting it all together, the older crowd began to leave and new threads tapered off. No one was around to pick up the slack and what you see here has basically been the state of events for the past two years. This place has now become a hub for old members to check in from time to time, which is okay, but since no one stays more than a few days, there isn't much going on anymore...

rizwan787 wrote:
From what I've seen, most of you still watch anime, you just don't discuss it. Well, discuss it, please.

It's tricky nowadays, because many of the people that lurk here don't watch Toonami (or even Cartoon Network) regularly (if at all) anymore. I can tell you that other than Naruto, I haven't watched anything new on the block since they stopped Prince of Tennis. Why don't I comment on Naruto? Because the discussion topic quickly transformed to talking about new episodes airing out of Japan. Since I don't wanna know about that stuff, I can't exactly look in there...

Why not discuss other shows? Without enough people to regularly discuss Toonami shows on a Toonami board, how can we expect people on a Toonami board to talk about non-Toonami stuff? The "Animation Discussion" board is littered with attempts of people wanting to chat about stuff they're watching, but few of them got anywhere besides a few responses from others saying "I haven't seen that."

---

I feel a bit dirty for saying this, but have you checked out the Toonami forum at Toonzone by any chance? That may be the best bet to scratch your discussion itch. I always figured whenever this board shut down for good, the survivors would migrate over there (a few of us did just that after the "Board Crash of 2002" that led to the Infolink's creation)...

...and that concludes today's history lecture. I hope you took good notes!

[Added after posting: Whoa, missed multiple posts while typing this thing. Definitely haven't had that happen in a while...]
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 8:36 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
I had a reply all written up.. then the forums ate my post.

A while back when toonami changed there were alot of people who lost interest. One of the things that kept them related to us disappeared and they slowly stopped coming by. Also the point of us growing up and doing other things plays a large role.

Growing up (Getting through highschool and out into college / real world) + Losing one of the things that kept them interested (Toonami) = Disappearing into oblivion.

I still remember all the great times and I have a few of the old members on AIM.

I bet that if toonami went back to how it was 'in the day' there would be a large influx of people.

It's thanks to everyone here and toonami that I took interest in anime and half the games I play.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 1:40 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, Dreadnot summed it up perfectly. Toonami just isn't that great anymore, now that I have a job I buy all the anime I want to watch or I watch it on Anime on Demand. And that Job also prevents me from watching Toonami.
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 10:32 am
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
Okay, I guess I've gotten as far as I'm gonna get in getting you guys to come back at least a little. I understand about school and jobs, but I guess I just thought if I could make it work, so could ever one else, but it only seems to have proven that I have no life. Oh well, I'll continue to hang around this place. I eagerly await next the time one of you vets decide to come out from under your job to make a post. Until then...
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 12:12 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: