нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - 80's Movies!!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
80's Movies!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zer0

Post subject: 80's Movies!!
Well I grew up in early 90's and remember seeing alot of 80's movies while I grew up, so I tend to love watching them. I mean, alot of them sucks.(ie. action movies and such) But I love the teen comedy 80's movies. Here are a few of my fav's:

Real Genius
Just One of the Guys
Encino Man
Police Academy Movies
National Lampoon's Vacation
Funny Farm

Man there are so many more....

This thread is just me killing time, but if anyone here has a few close to their heart let me know.
PostMon May 24, 2004 9:10 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
You must watch Heathers. Now. Find it, watch it. It's a necessity of life.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon May 24, 2004 9:17 pm
Alshoff

Post subject:
Encino Man was in the early '90s, not the 80s.
PostMon May 24, 2004 11:18 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Wizard(Best Video Game Movie Ever)

Tron

Labyrinth

Caddyshack

Explorers

Adventures In Babysitting

Big Troubly In Little China

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Commando

War Games

Last Dragon

UHF

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

Terminator

Robocop

Reform School Girls

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Top Gun

Overboard

Money Pit

The Last Starfighter

The Best of the Best are

The Goonies

and Anything by John Hughes

PostTue May 25, 2004 2:34 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
How can you avoid "Better off Dead" from all your lists?

"Franch fries.. franch bread... franch dressing"
PostTue May 25, 2004 6:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zer0

Post subject:
Yeah man.....I love War Games......*sigh*....War Games

Oh and Heathers is a good movie. I had to ask my older bro to remember what it was. I couldn't match the title with movie.
PostTue May 25, 2004 7:12 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I remember that when Heathers came out it was really treated badly. Because it created so many different sterotypes. And it neither had a good message or a good happy ending.

Which is why a bunch of us remember it so fondly.

From IMDB

Quote:
Summary: Pitch black Anti-John Hughes comedy

HEATHERS (1989) *** Winona Ryder, Christian Slater, Kim Walker, Shannon Doherty. Pitch black comedy about high school clique hell with Ryder facing homicidal tendencies she never knew existed unearthed by enigmatic new kid on the block Slater (in his breakthrough Nicholson-riffing performance), a sociopathic charmer, out to rid their establishment of the girls-rule Heathers, three little bitches who know that popularity is the only thing that matters. Smartly blending social mores, anomie, teen suicide, betrayal and of course inventive ways to off an enemy. .

War Games still has left its mark on popular culture. With any of us who watched it will say
"Do you want to play a game?"
"How about Global Thermonuclear War"
"How about a nice game of chess"

Secrets of Nimh and Dark Crystal two very different approachs to what people would have thought as being kids movies. And really neither was. Both are movies that you should sit through to see a movie that has never been duplicated. Neither are recommended for young kids

How about early 80's and Heavy Metal? Its dated and it shows how old it is. But the story of the little ball of evil that could still hits home with voices of John Candy and other members of SCTV. Heavy Metal 2000 isn't really that much of a sequel. For its time it stands alone

Pink Floyd's The Wall
Prepare to sit back and try to keep up with a movie that itself is on drugs. Its a paranoid fantasy of what happens when your life is ruined by the loss of a parent. And you adjust for it by mentally cracking and staying high to much. A must for any Pink Floyd fan.

Tron
Rent the DVD and watch it after War Games. It has held up well over the years. But you have heard quotes from it. And now you need to see what Reboot references almost every episode

Adventures of Baron Muchenshousen
Hard to describe but best pared with ...

Brazil
Terry Gilliam of Monty Pythons defining movie about a plumber on the run

Which of course leads to Blade Runner
PostTue May 25, 2004 7:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
You are forgetting

The Blues Brothers

Great movie, Awful sequel
PostTue May 25, 2004 7:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Was that 80s? Thought that was late 70s.

What about The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension . I mean a Rock Star Rocket Scientist? Or Back to the Future.

This is a thread that can live for a long time
PostTue May 25, 2004 7:52 pm
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
Think it was 81
PostWed May 26, 2004 6:51 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zer0

Post subject:
Wait...Noone has even made reference to Real Genius? Don't tell me noone here has seen it! Great movie. Thats all I can say. Great Great Movie.
PostWed May 26, 2004 8:49 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
coughIndianaJonescough
PostWed May 26, 2004 8:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Real Genius was ok. In my house we had HBO for a long time before most people. And it was one of the movies they played to death.

Notable piece about Real Genius first movie Val Kilmer made. But not the first movie released. And he followed it up with another interesting 80's movie Top Secret.

Which of course lends the question of wheres Top Gun?
PostWed May 26, 2004 12:09 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I do believe Zechs hit that one.
PostWed May 26, 2004 3:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Short Circuit
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Beverly Hills Cop trilogy
Risky Business
Labyrinth
PostWed May 26, 2004 4:13 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: