нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News II
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Referring to the above story...

It's confirmed. Kids' WB! will drop its weekday block in January 2006. However, it's not all gloom for KWB, because their Saturday block will be expanding to 5 hours.

Sources: Media Week and AWN
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 5:10 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Puppet Show = Nick's New (Short Version of) ZIM?

Quote:
Who would have thought: Michel Gagné and Nickelodeon? Michel has been contracted by Nick to produce eleven short animated pieces of his Insanely Twisted Shadow Puppet Show project. The cartoons will air during Nick's Halloween programming this fall. The shorts range from bumpers (3-10 seconds) to interstitials (25 seconds), and Gagné will direct, produce and design all of them. Michel is one of those rare breeds who understands drawing and design, is an incredible animator and can tell a story. In other words, he's a complete filmmaker. I personally can't wait to see what he turns out, even in these truncated film lengths. Stay tuned to Michel's website for more details. And give credit to Nick for recognizing a great talent when they see it...at least in this particular instance.

(As posted on Cartoon Brew.)

This looks like one crazy micro-series, following closely in the footsteps of Invader ZIM, if the picture (see below) indicates anything:

PostTue Jun 07, 2005 6:28 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
MTV2 is getting back in the ring with Celebrity Deathmatch, the former hit MTV series that rendered celebrities as fighting Claymation figures. Deathmatch is one of a trio of new series MTV's sister channel is launching along with three other returning programs to its Sic 'Em Friday night block. MTV2 general manager David Cohn envisions the new slate adding to an "overall stronger attitude," he said. "MTV2 has a cool, different and unique tone." Deathmatch aired from 1998-2002, lampooning the likes of Hillary Clinton, Howard Stern and the Spice Girls. Eight new episodes will be premiering in November; which celebrities will be depicted hasn't been determined. Eric Fogel created the original Deathmatch but will not be working on its revival.
PostMon Jun 27, 2005 5:56 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
What AX is to anime, SIGGRAPH is to computer graphics and animation... and what was news at SIGGRAPH? Disney, of course! Very Happy

And Ain't It Cool has some info and clips from Disney's upcoming CGI features A Day With Wilbur Robinson and An American Dog.

Also, Jim Hill Media has an article about veteran Disney animator Glen Keane and his first CGI feature, Rapunzel Unbraided.

This stuff shows promise, if they can write strong storylines to go along with the imaging.
PostTue Aug 09, 2005 5:35 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
2005 "Annie" Awards nominations are out!

"Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" garnered 15 noms at the 33rd annual Annie Awards, announced Monday by the Hollywood arm of the Intl. Animated Film Society (ASIFA-Hollywood). The Annies, which will be presented Feb. 4 in Glendale, honor animation in film, television, short subjects and gaming.

In addition to its nom for animated feature, "Wallace & Gromit" earned voice acting noms for Ralph Fiennes, Helena Bonham Carter, Peter Sallis and Nicholas Smith.

DreamWorks' "Madagascar" gathered nine nominations, including animated feature, effects and storyboarding.

"Chicken Little," "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" and "Howl's Moving Castle" round out the animated feature category's contenders.

Nominations for animated television production went to "Avatar: The Last Airbender," "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends," "My Life as a Teenage Robot," "Star Wars: Clone Wars II" and "The Batman." This year's presenters include Brad Bird, Seth MacFarlane, Jason Alexander and Dick Cook. Tom Kenny, best known for his award-winning voicework on "SpongeBob SquarePants," will host.

PRODUCTION CATEGORIES

Best Animated Feature

- Chicken Little – Walt Disney Feature Animation

- Corpse Bride – Warner Bros. Presents A Tim Burton/Laika Entertainment Production

- Howl’s Moving Castle – Walt Disney Studios/Studio Ghibli

- Madagascar – DreamWorks Animation

- Wallace & Gromit – The Curse of the Were-Rabbit – Aardman Features

Best Home Entertainment Production

- Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows – Creative Capers Entertainment, Inc.

- Kronk’s New Groove – DisneyToon Studios

- Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has A Glitch – DisneyToon Studios

- Tarzan II – DisneyToon Studios

- The Batman vs Dracula – Warner Bros. Animation

Best Animated Short Subject

- The Fan and The Flower – Atomic Television/Plymptoons Productions

- Life in Transition – Stretch Films, Inc.

- Milch – Klasky Csupo

- Moongirl – Laika

- The Moon and The Sun: An Imagined Conversation – John Canemaker Productions

Best Animated Television Production

- AVATAR: The Last Airbender - Nickelodeon

- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - Cartoon Network Studios

- My Life As A Teenage Robot – Nickelodeon/Frederator

- Star Wars: Clone Wars II Chapters 21-25 - Cartoon Network Studios

- The Batman - Warner Bros. Animation

Best Animated Video Game

- Psychonauts – Double Fine Productions, Inc.

- Resident Evil 4 – Capcom

- SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, PANTS! – THQ, Inc.

- Tak The Great Juju Challenge – THQ, Inc.

- Ultimate Spider-Man – Activision

The complete listing can be found at the Annie Awards website.
PostMon Dec 05, 2005 9:58 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
From Anime News Network:

Quote:
As of January 1st, Pokemon USA will take over all aspects of Pokemon licensing from 4Kids. Since Pokemon USA was founded in 2001 licensing responsibilities were split between the two companies, but now all licensing will be handled by Pokemon USA.

In addition, ANN has learned that 4Kids will not be producing or distributing the English language version of the next Pokemon TV series to be released in North America, Battle Frontier.

No one from Pokemon USA was available to confirm how (or when) the next series will be produced and distributed.

There's nothing for me to say except...

Twisted Evil
PostFri Dec 23, 2005 9:53 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
This could prove interesting...
PostSat Dec 24, 2005 4:11 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
UK's Entertainment Rights unleashes She-Ra in U.S.
Mon Jan 16, 2006 05:06 AM ET

LONDON, Jan 16 (Reuters) - Sword-wielding princess She-Ra is set to join twin brother He-Man in North America, after UK owner Entertainment Rights PLC said on Monday it had appointed a distributor in the region for its animation catalogue.

Entertainment Rights (ER) said its agreement with BCI, a Navarre Corporation Company, will allow 230 hours from its Filmation library, featuring characters such as She-Ra, Ghostbusters and Zorro, to be available on DVD in the United States and Canada.

"This agreement is further evidence of the timeless quality and appeal of the Filmation library and further demonstrates ER's ability to deliver on its strategy of expanding its business in the key U.S. market," Mike Heap, ER's chief executive, said in a statement.

The new deal, on the back of BCI's DVD distribution of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, will give ER greater opportunities in the U.S. home entertainment market, estimated to be worth in excess of $24 billion, the firm added.

Thanks to TZ and TV Shows on DVD for the head's-up. Smile
PostMon Jan 16, 2006 2:35 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Disney CEO Bob Iger, Board Senator George Mitchell, the Board of Directors, and hundreds of Disney employees gathered at The Walt Disney Studios on Jan. 27, 2006, to honor former CEO Michael Eisner at a dedication ceremony for Team Disney – The Michael D. Eisner Building.

"When Michael first stepped foot on the Disney lot two decades ago, he inherited a company with four theme parks, and a studio that was last place in the box office and didn't have one show on network television," said Iger. "Thanks to his great leadership and creativity, the Disney of today has grown exponentially, earning us the undisputed reputation for being the world's leader in quality family entertainment, which is why dedicating this remarkable building in Michael's honor is such a fitting tribute to the fantastic contributions he made to the Disney legacy."

Mitchell added, "When we were presented with the proposal to name the Team Disney Building in Michael's honor, the entire board quickly and unanimously endorsed the idea. For 21 years, Michael was the leader of the team that reinvigorated this company and put the magic back in Disney, so it is appropriate that this building will now carry his name."

"I am grateful for this wonderful honor, especially because this building encapsulates so much that is fantastic about Disney and about the two decades I got to spend here," said Eisner. "Team Disney is also a magnificent representation of my deep affection for Disney's long-standing vision of creating architecturally meaningful spaces that are inspired by creativity and imagination."

Team Disney – The Michael D. Eisner Building has served as The Walt Disney Company's corporate headquarters at the Disney Studios in Burbank, California since 1990. The building was designed by renowned architect Michael Graves with a post-modern, neo-classical façade, featuring gigantic pillars in the shape of the Seven Dwarfs.
PostSun Jan 29, 2006 8:07 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, it's a start.

According to ANN:

The Anime Network on DirecTV (2006-02-01 13:29:54)

The Anime Network has sent out an e-mail announcement stating that TAN will be available on DirecTV Pay per View Channel 117. Samurai X: The Motion Picture and Gantz are among the offerings.

yay.
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 5:21 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Did it say when it would be available or is it immediatly? And excuse my ignorance but isn't this the pay per view anime channel?
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 6:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
And excuse my ignorance but isn't this the pay per view anime channel?

Yes.

And I understand it's already available, from reading posts in ANN's forum.
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 6:12 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Damn, it seems that everyone is except comcast is getting it. I want that channel
3.Yu Yu Hakusho

Last edited by Vegito1471 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 7:07 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
Damn it, it seems everyone is getting it except comcast. I want that channel.

That's pretty funny, considering Comcast was the first company to support TAN when it launched. Laughing
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 7:11 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Only TAN On Demand, not the 24/7 CHANNEL I WAS REFERING TO.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 7:17 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 11 of 19

Jump to: