нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Best Movie of the Year
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Best Movie of the Year
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Fav movie of the year
Spider-Man
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LOTR: The Two Towers
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Austin Powers III: Goldmember
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Other...what other?
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject: Best Movie of the Year
Yep, years over, but before the oscars have thier say, vote what you think deserves the Golden Naked Bald Man.

Last edited by Zechs on Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostThu Jan 02, 2003 11:08 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
You really should have left an "other" catagory for the few members of Baka Inc. who enjoyed Crossroads or Gangs of New York.
Wink

Two Towers was great- one of the best movies ever. But my loyalties lie with Star Wars, and always will. AotC featured some of the best battle sequences in the Star Wars and the BEST DANG LIGHTSABRE DUEL EVER! Ignoring Hayden Christiansen(the main character in all sci-fi or fantasy made in the past 10 years tends to be a pansy or teenage hormone machine), the characters weren't that bad, and remember that Mace Windu can and will 0wnz j00 with his purple lightsabre. Only problems are the whole Fett business, which I think Lucas is screwing with just a bit too much, and then there's the idea that the Death Star was designed by some crazy alien race- Bevel Lemselick designed it with the help of other Imperial scientists at the Maw installation under the command of Grand Moff Tarkin. But that aside, AotC is god.

Two Towers is close to taking down AotC. Call it "Star Wars: The Two Towers", and that would do it. The battles, the ents(unlike Tom Bombadil, they'll be expaned on in the extended version), the Taliban, and just the overall story and kick-a$$ness of it almost drive it to the top. Almost.
PostThu Jan 02, 2003 11:22 pm
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
I'm gonna have to go with The Two Towers. As much as I loved AotC, and Yoda kicking ass, the enitre three hours of TTT kicked ass for me.
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 7:31 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Hey! Wheres Star Trek Nemesis?!?!?! That movie was nearly as good as First Contact and dare I say startrek 2. Seriously, when the members of an audience start yelling out, "THATS RIGHT BITCH!!!" after an intense action scene, you know its good.
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 9:57 am
HLB

Post subject:
I liked Nemesis too, though a lot of people didn't...so...yeah.
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 2:01 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok, I bet I'm alone on this one . . .

AotC kicked ass, it did. But I was dissapointed at the Yoda fight. It was hyped to be so much more. Yoda walking up with a cane and then flipping all around was wicked cool, but there was something lacking . . . I don't know what.

TTT was awesome, and it's awesomeness was doubled by the Ents. And I can't wait for the extended version.

But I happened to like XXX just a bit more. I know, I'm weird like that, but I like explosions. XXX was the type of movie that's fun to watch when you throw logic to the wind and just want to watch something blow up. So that just marginally edged out TTT.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 2:45 pm
JoeNeo

Post subject:
I'm deprived, I havent seen The First or second lord of the rings movies
So I voted gold member, two words fat bastard for the short part in the movie he was funny

Bow To Santa or be crushed by his JOLLY BOOTS OF DOOM!!! - ZIM

wait the cds skipping .... there its back again - JTHM a.k.a NNY
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 3:21 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'll have to go with Nemesis.

PICARD: Computer, arm auto-destruct sequence.
COMPUTER: Auto-destruct is offline.
PICARD: Computer, go chase yourself! Mad
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 4:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
funkymunky

Post subject:
2 towers was just fantastic, best movie ive seen in ages. awesome dialogue, awesome plot, awesome direction and awesome acting. i didnt look at my watch once Smile
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 5:02 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Would you like me to describe it to you; or should I get you a box?

hehehe I've yet to hear a movie top a line like that.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 6:59 pm
GoufCustom

Post subject:
The Two Towers. But, I loved Solaris as well.
PostFri Jan 03, 2003 7:11 pm
quiet_rain00

Post subject:
the two best were Spiderman and Goldmember! the Two Towers was really good but not my favorite... I am not that obsessed with LOTR...
PostSat Jan 04, 2003 12:34 am
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
How in the name of all that's holy can you consider Spiderman even a good movie?? The story was lacking in explanation and/or the ability to make sense outside of itself, and less than 10% of the movie (especially special effects) came close to realism.

Attack/Clones was fairly good, but not, in my mind, great. It was pretty, yes, and the plot was far above that of Ep1, but still not well thought out. What purpose did 3PO and R2 serve other than wasting time and distracting the audience away from the not-exactly-engrossing fight sequences?

Finally, TTT was, as a movie, supremely good. Not perfect, but not much to bitch about. I have no qualms about calling it the best movie of the year.
PostSat Jan 04, 2003 8:29 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I have never agreed with anyone more in my life...
PostSat Jan 04, 2003 9:45 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Force-Attuned_Krogoth wrote:
What purpose did 3PO and R2 serve other than wasting time and distracting the audience away from the not-exactly-engrossing fight sequences?

Okay, this is about a composite of what me and FAK have been saying in person for the last few minutes:
WHY WHY WHY? Oh why was that scene put in there. One could see the point as a light-hearted distraction from an otherwise depressing or complicated story--as a kind of breather. But from the middle of a small (10 minute) fight scene, there is no point. The film lenght could otherwise be used for useful purposes, such as another scene to actually have Anakin's and Amadella's love to make sense. The point I'm trying to make here is, that the fight wasn't very mentally engaging, so why give a distraction or break from it? The masses don't need a distraction from shiny stuff!
PostSat Jan 04, 2003 10:08 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: