нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - The changes in the Justice League series
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
The changes in the Justice League series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Wow! The fight between Flash and Sinestro in tonight's episode had me going O_O

Heh, and that was the one I missed. Ended up watching at the halfway point so I didn't understand why everyone was pissed at eachother.
PostSun Nov 23, 2003 10:13 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
How can you talk about this episode without *****SPOILERS*********

Did anyone else feel like the old batman beyond crew did this one? The animation style right from frame 1 screams Beyond.

This episode explored some obvious questions. Like what happens when you take a group of egotistical loaners and make them work together. I also liked how their training comes back at the end with the booby trapped girl target and Hawk Girls holding back from hitting it.

If you watch the episodes leading up to this one. It really seems like it was building to this. There has been a lot of signs of stress inside the league

Best fight scene Martian vs Martian. And the twist at the end. I didnt see it coming.

The return of Clay Face actually came as a suprise. I never thought he would be in the buckets. Shades "I have done this twice before and it didnt work those times either"

The history of Giganta. What a shame it was such a throw away line.

Each week goes by. Each week i get to like the series even more. How many more new episodes do we have?
PostSun Nov 23, 2003 10:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Each week goes by. Each week i get to like the series even more. How many more new episodes do we have?

Looks like four, including the holiday special.
PostSun Nov 23, 2003 11:03 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
I don't know why, but I want to see the G1 Transformers crossover on Justice League. With how powered down Supes is compared to his comic self, and if this bio is right, Optimus should be able to take him on.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 12:37 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
here's what's left to look forward to.

47. Hereafter (part 1)
gs: Dana Delany (Lois Lane) Efrem Zimbalist Jr. (Alfred) Peri Gilpin (Volcana) Corey Burton (Brainiac)

After Superman makes the ultimate sacrifice to save his fellow heroes, the Justice League and rest of the grieving planet must learn to live in a world without Superman.
(Cartoon Network description)

b: 29-Nov-2003 pc: 43 w: Dwayne McDuffie d: Butch Lukic

48. Hereafter (part 2)
gs: Dana Delany (Lois Lane) Efrem Zimbalist Jr. (Alfred) Peri Gilpin (Volcana) Corey Burton (Brainiac)

After Superman makes the ultimate sacrifice to save his fellow heroes, the Justice League and rest of the grieving planet must learn to live in a world without Superman.
(Cartoon Network description)

b: 29-Nov-2003 pc: 44 w: Dwayne McDuffie d: Butch Lukic

49. Wild Card (part 1)
In the ultimate reality show, the Joker pits the Justice League against the clock and against the Royal Flush Gang as the Justice League races to find and disarm all the bombs he's planted along the Strip in Las Vegas.

Taken from http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0311/01/index.htm

b: 06-Dec-2003 pc: 48 w: Dwayne McDuffie , Stan Berkowitz

NOTE: Rumor has it that Static, of WB's "Static Shock," will guess star.

50. Wild Card (part 2)
b: 06-Dec-2003 pc: 49 w: Stan Berkowitz , Dwayne McDuffie

51. Comfort and Joy
gs: Ian Buchanan (Ultra-Humanite)

In this one-off episode, the Justice Leaguers go their separate ways to celebrate the holiday season.

(from our Hong Kong sources - Spoilers!) After saving a distant planet, the League returns in time for Christmas. Clark and J'onn visit Smallville for a Kent family Christmas, Green Lantern and Hawkgirl have a snowball fight and visit a club for aliens while comparing holiday traditions, and the Flash and Ultra-Humanite have a season's fight and are forced to ally together to save orphans' toys.

b: 13-Dec-2003 pc: 47 w: Paul Dini

# NOTE: Paul Dini, the other half of Bruce Timm on projects such as the animated Superman, Batman, and Batman Beyond series, returns. Batman and Wonder Woman don't appear in this episode.

52. Star-Crossed (part 1)
# NOTE: "The three-part Season Two finale will be the culmination of a subplot brewing through many Season Two episodes (courtesy of DCU Animated)." Taken from http://jl.toonzone.net/season2/season2.htm According to Comics Continuum, this story involves a Thanagarian invasion of Earth and a possible appearance by Hawkman.

53. Star-Crossed (part 2)

54. Star-Crossed (part 3)
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 12:42 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I should start watching (-_-)...
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 4:17 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Kalma wrote:

Some ice chick (obvious attempt at political correctness by replacing a guy with a girl).

LEARN YOUR DC VILLIANS!
Quote:
KILLER FROST I [Crystal Frost]

First Appearance: Firestorm #3 (May 1978)
Dr. Crystal Frost - A former paramour of Martin Stein, an accident resulting in her being locked in a super-cold chamber robber her of body warmth and gave her incredible powers over ice and cold.

Wink

Im sorry, I dont read comicbooks, no time for it (and dont want to go spend money).
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 4:51 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Im sorry, I dont read comicbooks, no time for it (and dont want to go spend money).

Ok, that's a damned lie. Well the time for it part. As for not reading in the first place... that's what starting young is for. I still read comics not very often but I do. They're not hard to make time for.

Money on the other hand is an issue so I won't bust cho balls on that front.
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 7:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
This kind of leans into the whole manga and anime thing. That you need to do both to get the full experience. And so far I dont think thats true.

Reading comics wont help you here with Justice League. If you started reading comics last month how would you have caught the Defenders reference? I havent read a superhero comic since the original 13 issues of X-Factor. But JL has more then enough back story to help you follow along. I get a dozen questions from my wife like

"Lantern wasnt black in the first version was he?"

And having to describe to her how many Lanterns there have been is a case that knowing the comics helps. Plus a forum like this will help you catch up on all the references. Almost a companion to the series.

Of course reading some of the titles would turn you off to a show like this to. So far we havent heard make a mention of the "Speed Force" have we? I can't imagine them touching that one ever. Maybe as a side joke. Im going to guess that Nobu will understand the reference. But not many others.
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 7:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think it's more just to get more of a grasp of who the villians/heroes are. I never once in my life read any of the original GL series, but I know about it. Why? because I've been into comics and wanted to know more about them and their history.

Besides the speed force is mroe fo a backstory to explain flash's powers. Its not something you really NEED to know. It doesn't really define Wally as a person whereas Superman's powers lead him on a moral path. On top of that I wouldn't be suprised to find out that Wally doesn't even know of the Speed Force himself... at least yet. Thoguh probably never.
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 7:58 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Plus a forum like this will help you catch up on all the references. Almost a companion to the series.

Which was the sole point of my post. Enlightenment, not a condemnation for not knowing about an obscure character that hasn't been seen for 20 years. I should have worded it slightly different- "LET'S PLAY: LEARN YOUR DC VILLIANS!"
Yeah, much better... Wink

Quote:
Of course reading some of the titles would turn you off to a show like this to. So far we havent heard make a mention of the "Speed Force" have we? I can't imagine them touching that one ever. Maybe as a side joke. Im going to guess that Nobu will understand the reference. But not many others.

Let us never speak of that again. Nor of "Hypertime". Bleh.
I miss the old multi-verse... Wink
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 9:57 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Well its 10:13 and im in the middle of this weeks JL. Ill report in at the end to tell more.

looks like a small team forms at the start to get rid of Superman.
They get rid of him and everyone but Batman is convinced hes dead.

Kalma Out......<White Noise>

10:34
Superman is on a planet with a red sun (Oh shit) he has forged a sword (awsome) is fighting wolf like things (uh oh) slays the leader and becomes "alpha" usoing the dogs as sled dogs (cool) and has grown a beard (neato).

SPOLER:
Oh shit he just found the wreckage of the watch tower.
AND VANDAL SAVAGE!!!!
He says everyone died thousands of years ago.

This must be Earth thousands of years in the future!

Over......<Noise Again>

10:55

Spoiler Time
Hooray! Remember the time machine from "The Savage Time"? Well Superman and Savage fight some giant roaches to get back the power source that acts like a mini YELLOW sun! Superman power! Well Savage sends Superman back four days before Savage steals the integral part of his weapon that destroyed the world. We see Savage standing there before the ruins of the Superman Monument as people and the city of metropolis fade in and he fades out saying "Thank You, My friend."
The End.

Time to watch "Ruroni Kenshin: The Wandering Samurai"......<White Noise>
PostSat Nov 29, 2003 10:14 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Theres a lot I liked about this episode. Where last week was the tribute to Batman:TAS and Beyond. This weeks was Superman:TAS. It definatly shows you Superman is more then his powers. Survival for him was something he knew. He never once said "I wish i could fly" or something. He worked through it. The one line "I wish i had taken the compact". Was funny though.

First complaint. Where are the correct voice actors? Or at least ones who can fake sounding like the previous versions of themselves. None of the enemy voices, outside savage, we're matched with the versions from the cartoon.

SPOILER******************

And why Lobo?! He would have never volunteered for it. WHy have comic relief in a downer episode like that? I dont understand the logic. I can think of a dozen other superheroes they could have used. But this just thew me off.
PostMon Dec 01, 2003 12:28 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Lobo was in there BECUASE it was a downer episode. Without Lobo it would have been a major downer. I for one enjoyed Lobo's screen time. Anywho, about the voices-- the only one that was right was Michael Dorn's Kalibak. The only revoice though that bothered me was Live Wires. Metallo's while not as cool was ok, Toy Man... who cares, and Weather Wizard-- he was ok. Most likely they either couldn't afford to get the voices back, the voices were busy and they were forced to recast, the caracters were minor enough that recasting was just easier (toyman, weather wizard), most likely a combination of them all.
PostMon Dec 01, 2003 5:08 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Toy Man sounded right to me. Live Wire couldnt have been more wrong had they forced it to be that way. I didnt see the Superman with Weather Wizard so i cant make acomment on that one. What bothered me most was Metalo. Because the voice was so different. Malcolm McDowells voice is so distinct. You could have had an actor just do an imitation of it.

Oh well water under the bridge. Over all the episode was pretty good. And actually showed to superman i dont think we had seen in JL.
PostMon Dec 01, 2003 5:40 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: