нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Live Action, Comics and Anime News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Live Action, Comics and Anime News
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject: Live Action, Comics and Anime News
I figure the movies deserve their own thready thingy. It's too Toonami related to ust go into the tv/movies news section and it's to not animated to go into the toonami section. So here goes.

Superhero Hype had the latest report on SUPERMAN V and BATMAN: INTIMIDATION:
“Ok new scooper here. I heard of this site through work and I would like to set the record straight-for BATMAN and a little for SUPERMAN. First.

“Johnny Depp? for Lex Luthor. Bit of missunderstanding. What is really happening is Depps NAME, i.e. he hasn't been contacted (in case you haven't noticed, he's going to be busy for quite a while...) is being circled for the role of Superman's father, Jor-el.

“Now onto BATMAN. First. The filming begins at the end of next month in Iceland and will continue until mid March before moving to the U.K. Iceland shooting-don't worry, it's not BATMAN on ice skates-more like all terrain vehicles, with Christian Bale not arriving till around March 1st. One of the cardington hangers being used for the film has large sets of a old train station of some sort, as well as housing the MASSIVE batcave.

“Casting. First of all, Morgan Freeman is no longer up for Lucious Fox, but is up for Gordon. Initially he was, but when Chris Cooper refused, Nolan turned to Freeman. Cillian Murphy will play Jonathan Crane, and Katie Homes as Harvey Dents assisstant Rachel. Harvey Dent has yet to be casted, having Guy Pearce be the only one test for that. The role of Earle has been brought up to several people, none of them rather big name stars, but lesser known character actors. Same goes for Boss Carime Falcone. Lucious Fox is also still undecided.

“I also happened to read the FALSE batmobile description you have. The car is still being made but is not like "monster truck". Rather it is dark black. If you have the lights shut off, you ain't seeing it. It has twin jet engines in the back, with two small fins over them. It is a two seater and has two tires on the front, that, if looking from the direct front of it, are about 8-10 inches inward compared to the back two, which are slightly larger, but not that noticable. The cars are all going to be equipped with a large variety of gizmos. The jets can burn so hot it creates thick black smoke, and oil slick, all wheel drive, bat hooks, bulletproof windshield, ejection seats, and a t.v.

“The costume-jet black as well. It is not spandex, under armor, or even rubber. It is a new material, that can stretch and bend easy, but won't be overly skin tight. Padding in the ribs and chest area as well as the arms and upper legs will be added, with large black boots for the feet. There will be about 4-5 of them.

“Batman MAY use other vehicles in the film...but I won't spoil that for you now. Oh and the press conference-lets just say your going to want to be staying in around the 17th (last I heard).”

Last edited by Andromaton on Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Feb 02, 2004 5:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
February 17th?

At least Batman's getting some development. I have no hope for a Superman movie right now.
PostMon Feb 02, 2004 6:12 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
sounds cool... but what storylines (universes ) will this be following?
PostWed Feb 04, 2004 2:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Liam Neeson negotiating to join the cast of director Chris Nolan's upcoming Batman movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. He would join Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Katie Holmes and Cilliam Murphy. Neeson's role has not been specified.
PostThu Feb 12, 2004 7:58 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
alfred?
PostSun Feb 15, 2004 11:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
No, that's Caine's role.

Ra's al Ghul, perhaps...
PostMon Feb 16, 2004 12:01 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quai Gonn? perhaps? Darth Alfred
PostMon Feb 16, 2004 9:08 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
OK, this works too...

Quote:
Oscar Nominee Ken Watanabe to Be 'Batman''s Villain

Gary Susman, Entertainment Weekly

Ken Watanabe's title role in ''The Last Samurai'' has not only earned him a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination, it's also landed him another top role in a Hollywood studio movie. According to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, the Japanese actor has been cast as the primary villain in the forthcoming Warner Bros. ''Batman'' movie. He'll play Ra's al-Ghul, an immortal Bat-nemesis who runs a worldwide network of criminals and terrorists, opposite Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Internet rumors had Liam Neeson, who joined the cast two weeks ago, playing the role; actually, Neeson will be playing Henri Ducard, a mentor to Wayne, according to the Reporter. Other recent additions to the cast include Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox (a one-time board member of Wayne's financial empire) and Cillian Murphy (''28 Days Later''), who's rumored to be playing Bat-baddie Jonathan Crane, a.k.a. The Scarecrow. Rounding out the cast are Michael Caine as loyal butler Alfred and Katie Holmes as a childhood friend and possible love interest for the Caped Crusader. Christopher Nolan (''Memento'') will direct the film in London, starting early in March.

2/24/04

Copyright 2004 Entertainment Weekly.

PostTue Feb 24, 2004 2:45 pm
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
That movie looks ok, ut something tells me Guy Pearce can't play harvey dent as well as Tommy Lee Jones did.
PostTue Feb 24, 2004 4:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Tommy played a terrible Harvey, way WAY to over the top. It felt like he was trying to match Carrey's energy and that just didn't work.
PostTue Feb 24, 2004 5:03 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I liked guessing better...
PostWed Feb 25, 2004 12:42 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cinescape reports that the official name of Christopher Nolan's new Batman film will be Batman Begins.

Lame name for hopefully a good film.
PostFri Feb 27, 2004 5:01 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hell, I think I'll just make this thread for comic-book related movies.

Marvel will partner with Lions Gate Entertainment to develop, produce and distribute films based on its Iron Fist and Black Widow characters, the companies announced today. Under the agreement, Lion Gate will fund the properties and split certain unidentified revenues equally with Marvel. For its part, Marvel will handle merchandising connected to the films.

Lions Gate is preparing to distribute another Marvel-originated property, The Punisher, starring Thomas Jane, John Travolta and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, on April 16 (my birfday).
PostFri Feb 27, 2004 5:02 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Guess I'll throw in some live action anime goodness (but I guess goodness is a relative term).

According to an article in the Hollywood Reporter, Charlize Theron, recently awarded Best Actress in the SAG Awards for her role in Monster, is in negotiations to star in Paramount Pictures' live action adaptation of Peter Chung's cult classic Aeon Flux. The project is to be directed by the writer-director of 2000's Girlfight, Karyn Kusama. The filmmakers look forward to beginning production on Flux in April.
PostFri Feb 27, 2004 5:03 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Newsarama.com has cited an article in Variety stating that Robert Rodriguez is currently filming an adaptation of Frank Miller's Sin City comic for film. Rodriguez, director of Once Upon a Time in Mexico, is incorporating storylines from three different Sin City graphic novels, and has already filmed the opening scene with Josh Hartnett and Marley Shelton.
PostFri Feb 27, 2004 5:07 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: