нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News II
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Damn can't see the pictures. I guess hoping for Tom Welling was just false hopes. I hope this guy does well. I guess they get those unknown actors to make the roles more believeable. Sort of like all the StarWars films.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostMon Oct 18, 2004 3:19 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Welling really would be to "young" for superman for one reason. He's superboy in highschool right now. They needed to go with somebody else to keep it out of Smallville's timeline. On top of that unkown actors mean the budget gets to go to the film itself not one persons pocket.
PostMon Oct 18, 2004 3:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
The much awaited new teaser trailer for STAR WARS: EPISODE III -- REVENGE OF THE SITH will debut in theaters on November 5 before the premiere of the Disney/Pixar movie THE INCREDIBLES.

However, members of Hyperspace and AOL subscribers will be able to view the trailer online on November 4. The clip will also air on TV the same evening but Luscasfilm did not say if it would be as a commercial or part of an entertainment news program.

The SITH trailer will ultimately be available to the mere mortal with and Internet connection on November 8 at starwars.com.

According to Dark Horizons, Bryan Singer will use John William's famous soundtrack from the original SUPERMAN movie as well as the franchise's designs from Krypton and the Fortress of Solitude.

In casting news, the website says that Kevin Spacey may become Lex Luthor but that Mischa Barton will not play Lois Lane nor will Topher Grace be Jimmy Olsen.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports that Singer's SUPERMAN will pick up the story from the second movie, which starred Christopher Reeve. "We use his history and then move on with big twists and great special effects," writer Dan Harris says. Harris also adds that they won't do the origin story again since people over 25 saw the SUPERMAN movies and those under watch SMALLVILLE.
PostThu Oct 21, 2004 1:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Julian McMahon revealed in a FANTASTIC FOUR press conference that Victor Von Doom's familiar steel armor, unlike what was set in the comic books, will be an organic side effect of the same cosmic rays that create the Fantastic Four.

"Once they all come back to Earth, Victor gets a cut in his head, and he starts to develop this stuff on his hand," McMahon said. "It's actually a very cool thing we've done, ... this very slow evolution of this man turning into this kind of metal-steel kind of product. I don't even know what it is."

Fans can expect the rivalry between Doom and Reed Richards, the Fantastic Four leader, to be played out in the movie but with a few additional points of tension.

Michael Chiklis, who'll play The Thing in the feature version of FANTASTIC FOUR, revealed that wearing the orangy rock-skinned hero costume as been like hell. "In that at the end of the day, honestly, sure it's hot, it's uncomfortable, it's cumbersome, but when you see it, it really is extraordinary," he revealed to Sci Fi Wire.

It takes him three hours a day to get into to costume he has to wear for twelve hours. This ordeal has required that he finds different ways to relax. But the actor can't complain since he personally asked that the character be created using practical effects rather than computer animation. "Initially it was really, really kind of frightening for me," he said. "I knew it would be a physical challenge; I did not know it would be a psychological challenge. And initially, it was for me. I'm not a phobic person, or an anxiety-ridden person, but I had a full-on anxiety attack the first time they put me in. And I think it's because once they put the hands on, I can't get out on my own. But now, it's two months later, and I'm through it. Now it's not about fear. It's more about loathing, in terms of just the personal discomfort."
PostThu Oct 21, 2004 1:47 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sarah Michelle Gellar won't be part of the BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER proposed animated series. She told Sci Fi Wire that she couldn't devote the necessary time to the show and that she won't do something unless she can commit to it fully.

Gellar is also concerned that fans may not go for the animated version of BUFFY. "I think Buffy went out when it was still on top. I felt like we came back in that last season, did the show we wanted to do. I was really happy. I don't know why, then, you go back. What can Buffy do?"

She also raises concerns about the changes they discussed doing to her character: "I remember the pitch to me about the cartoon was like, 'She can turn into things and have magical powers.' To me, that wasn't what Buffy was about. To me, Buffy was a real girl. These were metaphors for real demons. This was about how, in high school, the demons of high school literally become these monsters. So I'm not sure why you'd make an animated show. And no one showed me a script."
PostThu Oct 21, 2004 1:47 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Warner Brothers has released the second set of Batman Begins photos featuring Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes, Rutger Hauer as Mr. Earle, and Cillian Murphy as Dr. Jonathan Crane. These images are currently available at the popular fansite Batman On Film. They will be available at the official Batman Begins website soon.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/
http://www.batmanbegins.com/
PostTue Oct 26, 2004 10:53 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Walt Disney Pictures has tapped novelist Michael Chabon to write and Yuen Wo Ping to direct this twisted version of SNOW WHITE.

The movie, who was once titled SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN SHAO LIN, will be a retelling of the Disney tale with a martial-arts and Chinese fantasy twist.

Yuen Wo Ping is best known to North Americans as the choreographer of THE MATRIX and CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON.
PostFri Oct 29, 2004 12:52 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Queer Eye for the Straight Guy franchise is becoming a little more, well, feminine. Bravo announced Thursday the makeover show's spin-off, Queer Eye for the Straight Girl, is starring not a fab five but a quadruplet — and one of them is female.

She's former model Honey Labrador, who's been seen in the pages of Elle and Mademoiselle and in episodes of the sexy Showtime series Red Shoe Diaries.

The show promises to transform heterosexual women for events such as a proposal, a 30th birthday and a wedding.

"Queer Eye for the Straight Girl is sure to deliver all the humor, heart and relationship building that made its older brother such a success," said Bravo President Lauren Zalaznick. "Women everywhere should feel fortunate to have gal pals like these in their corner."

Queer Eye for the Straight Girl will premiere in 2005.
PostFri Oct 29, 2004 8:37 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daniel Clowes, who went from cartoonist to screenwriter, will scribe BACKYARD RESISTANCE. The movie is about a trio of teens who made a shot-by-shot remake of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK: THE ADAPTATION.

BACKYARD RESISTANCE will be produced by Scott Rudin, who, earlier this year, bought the life rights to the the trio behind the film (Chris Strompolos, Eric Zala and Jayson Lamb). The trio began the project while on summer vacation in 1982 and finished it seven years later, shooting on a VHS camcorder and using backwoods Mississippi locales.

According to IGN FilmForce sources, the villain in the upcoming IRON MAN movie would be industrialist Howard Star, hero Tony Stark's father. It is also rumored that the movie will alter the superhero's origins from the comics.

IRON MAN is based on David Hayter's script and should be released in 2006.
PostTue Nov 02, 2004 4:06 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Even before DUGEONS & DRAGONS 2: THE ELEMENTAL MIGHT has completed production, Zinc Entertainment announces that it is developing a third movie in its DUGEONS & DRAGONS franchise.

DUGEONS & DRAGONS 2 will be released next year and stars Bruce Payne and Mark Dymond, reprising their roles from the first film.

All I have to say to this is: WHY!? DAMN IT ALL, WHY!?
PostWed Nov 03, 2004 3:15 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA will return on TV starting Friday, January 14. The series is supposed to have a new updated format and it will star Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff and Tricia Helfer.

Amanda Tapping, who'll play God-like character Lady Elfarran in Sci Fi Channel's miniseries EARTHSEA, describes her character as the keeper of the keys to a secret dungeon where all the bad spirits were kept. "She was like the Mother Superior for this island, but she's also very much like God, and everybody worships her," Tapping told Sci Fi Wire.

The STARGATE SG-1 star doesn't have a big role in the miniseries: "I was just glad to be asked to be involved, but it's a tiny, tiny little part. If you blink, you might miss me." Lady Elfarran appears early on in the series when she is conjurred up in a vision by a character named Ged.

EARTHSEA is about a young man named Ged who discovers he has magical powers and who accidentally releases a dark power in the world. The miniseries starring Shawn Ashmore, SMALLVILLE's Kristin Kreuk, Danny Glover, and Isabelle Rosellini, will premiere on December 13 at 9 p.m.

As for her pregnancy, Amanda Tapping hopes that it will not be written in STARGATE SG-1. "I don't think that would work for Carter at all," Tapping said in an interview. "It would so change her if she were a mom. I just don't think that she would be back with the Stargate program." SG-1 resume its eighth season in January 2005.
PostWed Nov 03, 2004 6:09 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kerry Conran's Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow will be issued on February 4 2005, with two audio commentaries, featurettes, deleted scenes, a gag-reel and Conran's original 6-minute short that sold the concept to Paramount.

DARK ANGEL star Jessica Alba will star and exec produce the futuristic drama SONIC written by Kirsten Elms. The movie is about a young waitress who dies suddendly but is brought back to life by her lover.

The search for Pierce Brosnan's replacement as James Bond has been going on for months now. As was the search for the next Superman, tons of names were said. Few really stick.

NIP/TUCK's Julian McMahon had been one of those looked at to play 007. But the ex-CHARMED star decided he wouldn't go up for the role as it would interfere with his TV schedule. The Aussie recently signed a long-term deal with the hit series NIP/TUCK.

In other BOND news, Pierce Brosnan recently announced he was rooting for Colin Farrell to become the next James Bond. No official decision has to who would play the next 007 has been made.
PostMon Nov 08, 2004 6:35 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Willy Wonka has a poster

It's over here.
PostTue Nov 09, 2004 12:22 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Jerry Bruckheimer clears up some rumors concerning the upcoming sequels to Pirates of the Caribbean, in an interview with Latino Review. Apparently, Keith Richards has not yet signed on to do the sequel, the tentative subtitle for the second film is not Treasures of the Lost Abyss, and back-to-back productions of two sequels has not yet been approved.

DVD Answers has the details on the Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow DVD, flying into stores on February 1, 2005. Available in both anamorphic widescreen and full screen editions, the DVD will feature an English Dolby Digital 5.1 track, along with two audio commentaries, five behind the scenes featurettes on the various aspects of the films production, deleted scenes, a gag reel, and the original six-minute short that inspired the film.
PostThu Nov 11, 2004 10:16 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nicolas Cage has been attached to the movie GHOST RIDER for years but recently revealed that his involvement wasn't set in stone. GHOST RIDER is about the Marvel Comics series centering on a motorcycle stunt performer who becomes an avenging hell spirit.

The comic-book project is on hold because of the vision of the movie and how it will be portrayed. Cage sais that he was involved with the GHOST RIDER movie and was trying to develop it with another filmmaker but that talks about the script are making things more difficult. "These things are very sensitive. It's a bullseye, and you really have to hit it. Otherwise, it may not work. So it's best for everyone to be cautious and make sure it's got the right auspices," he revealed while promoting his latest movie NATIONAL TREASURE.

Cage also reported that if RIDER doesn't go forward, he'll abandon the idea of doing comic-book roles.

If BLADE: TRINITY does well, David Goyer said that there might be a spinoff movie about the Nighstalker characters of Abby Whistler and Hannibal King.

The characters, played by Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds respectively, impressed New Line when they read the script. When the parts were cast they told Goyer they wanted to place a deal in case TRINITY would do well and people would respond to both characters. Both Reynolds and Biel have signed contracts to appear in a spinoff film.

When asked about the spinoff, Goyer says that it wouldn't involve vampires but something else. In the meantime, fans will be able to discover both possible spinoff characters in BLADE: TRINITY which opens December 8.
PostThu Nov 11, 2004 10:17 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: