нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Justice League Unlimited (SPOILERS)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Justice League Unlimited (SPOILERS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Question sounds like Conan Edogawa all growed up
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostTue Jul 19, 2005 2:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
just

Veteran

Post subject:
This was a great season finale for JLU. I was on the edge of my seat so many times. One, I thought Flash was going to die. Two, I thought that the League would disband for real. The final thing is I was surprised to see the fusion of Lex and Braniac. As for Batman he will be in the next season. Like he told WonderWoman, they have his number.

Last edited by just on Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostTue Jul 19, 2005 4:43 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
If Brainiac could just take any material and make it his own. Doesnt it seem odd that he wasnt able to just instantly rebuild the pieces that flash knocked off of him during his running phase?
PostTue Jul 19, 2005 5:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
If Brainiac could just take any material and make it his own. Doesnt it seem odd that he wasnt able to just instantly rebuild the pieces that flash knocked off of him during his running phase?

Well, Lex and Brainiac combined in a way that Brainiac's knowledge would be used by Luthor's mind, so it's possible that the human side of the Luthor/Brainiac fusion was too shocked at Flash's sudden speed to react properly.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostTue Jul 19, 2005 6:25 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
MegamanTrigger wrote:
Fodder wrote:

Well, Lex and Brainiac combined in a way that Brainiac's knowledge would be used by Luthor's mind, so it's possible that the human side of the Luthor/Brainiac fusion was too shocked at Flash's sudden speed to react properly.
It's also likely the energy released by going up the speed of light and beyond disrupted the nanotech before destroying it.

As for the Batman embargo, I only said it worried me a bit. I didn't say I was certain. The embargo itself is a never ending source or frustration. It does do some good though, if it forces them to make a DTV to check up on Nightwing and the like. The Robin embargo from Titans... as well as the Titans refusal to use Batman even in flashbacks (the "Slade vaguely references Batman" thing was only cute the first few times)... yeah.

And Fodder, it pains me to see you compare the Speed Force to the dreaded M word.

Objects at rest remain at rest, SOMETHING had to move one initially.

Not only that, but the fact that Barry became the same lightening that gave him his powers, Max Mercury's entire biography, Wally's destiny.... it gives the ability to run fast (and basic physics) not just an explanation but a mystic sense of purpose.

As for the show ending too neet and nice... well it's an animated series. Not to mention your average DC comic would probably wrap up in the same manner.

Seeing as how the last TV Generation got Super Friends I think we should count ourselves lucky they even hinted at the path to Kingdom Come.

Oh and not only does the Question own us all but Dr. Fate should have 50 Cent's P-I-M-P as his background music.

Reject super heroes indeed.
PostThu Jul 21, 2005 7:06 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well sorry about using the M word. But what I read about speed force was that its basically the same idea.

Okay lets talk about "Epilogue" or Batman Beyond ep 53. I have to check the schedule but this may have only run on sunday. Since saturday was supposed to be repeats of last weeks season finales.

Back when I read an interview with Bruce Timm he said "We never got a chance to truly end Batman Beyond. But Justice Leageu Unlimited gave me that chance". I fiqured he was talking the two future episodes. Well no he was talking about this episode.

If you havent watched it yet and your a fan of Batman Beyond. Click the little x on the top right. Dont let the spoilers ruin it. This is an amazing episode. Its a love letter from Bruce Timm to his fans.

Remember go away if you havent seen it
Still here?
Well lets go

Ok so we see a taller buffer Terry with the future JLU. Its only later you find out that its 15 years in the future. And Terry has learned an awful secret. His DNA matches Bruce Waynes. How did this happen is the story in the episode. For the first half you are ready to rip 95!!! year old Bruce Wayne's head off. He never says it wasnt him who did it.

But then you meet an older wiser Amanda Waller. And they tie this season of JLU into all of Batman Beyond. If your a fan of the old Batman:TAS you get a treat by seeing an old Phantasm (and yes apparently she lived a long long life). You get to see all the usual suspects from Batman Beyond including Inque and the Royal Flush gang. And then theres the story with Ace.

Im running on very little sleep today. But damn if that didnt make me cry. What a way to send her off.

Man so many subplots in this episode to keep up with. But the story behind Terry being the son of Bruce is worth watching it for. Seeing all those characters aged 15 years is another reason. I still have it tivo'ed and Im sure I'll watch it again.

I thought about doing an episode review of it. And I partially did here. But id rather hear all of your opinions on it instead of just presenting my own.

/Salute Terry
It was a fun ride
PostMon Jul 25, 2005 11:27 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Laughingman

Post subject:
I'm still a bit miffed about Terry lokking like Elvis, but I'll forgive them for giving a proper ending to Batman Beyond and giving Bruce a legacy.
PostMon Jul 25, 2005 2:04 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
What he looked like was closer to the Batman/Superman look of Bruce then the Beyond look. Basically taking the Terry we knew and giving him 15 years of aging and merging with Bruce.

I thought they had changed Dana more then Terry for it.
PostMon Jul 25, 2005 2:17 pm
just

Veteran

Post subject:
That was a great episode. For me that was definitely a shocker that Bruce was Terry's father. The more I watched, the more it made sense.
PostTue Jul 26, 2005 1:43 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Arrghh...Now I'm wondering about what a sequel series to Batman Beyond would be like! Could you imagine? Bruce Wayne would be dead, and Terry would be more like the original Batman. I'm sure he would need someone in the bat cave to back him up, though. More than that, he'd probably need a sidekick of some kind(a new Robin, if you will). Oh, the possibilities! It would also be interesting to see more of the Justice League in that timeline. Besides that, was I the only one who noticed the connection between Bruce's dog and the young Royal Flush member who died(you know, how they're both named Ace)?
PostTue Aug 02, 2005 2:29 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Er...

Ace is a playing card.

Ace was the name of the Bathound.

Coincidence there.

Sorry for the late reply Fodder, regardless I wish I could further defend the Speed Force but the ambiguous nature of the M word makes that difficult.

The true wrap up to Batman Beyond was beautiful. Wish Grayson had got a proper sendoff but that's all I can think of.

"Not even REMOTELY what I meant!"

Ha.
PostWed Aug 03, 2005 9:03 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Yeah, my little "connection" idea was quite stupid.
PostWed Aug 03, 2005 9:36 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Since Nightwings still active as a Comic. You really couldnt send off Dick Grayson. Plus by this point even he might be dead. He shows up in Kindom Come taking back the title of Robin and even has a daughter by Starfire. So he should have survived.
PostWed Aug 03, 2005 1:07 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
They sent off Tim Drake, and he's quite active.

Maybe I should have made my desire clearer there. I wanted an elderly Grayson appearance.
PostThu Aug 04, 2005 8:50 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
http://www.joeacevedo.com/images/figurezone/dcdfigures/dcdkcredrobin.jpg

Robin from Kingdom Come but he never took off the cowl
PostThu Aug 04, 2005 12:57 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: