нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Final episode of this season Justice League
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Final episode of this season Justice League
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: Final episode of this season Justice League
Some of us know the basic plot but i have noticed that so far it hasnt been shown. Is there a date on its premier?

btw this weeks was a nice dark one. I liked this one a lot. I wish i had seen it in the middle of the night. It would have had more feel that way.
PostMon Dec 29, 2003 5:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
A date for the season finale hasn't been announced yet, to the best of my knowledge. However, I understand it's NOT on the schedule for January.

Regarding Saturday's ep, I really liked the "Frere Jacques" dance mix. Very Happy

(Oh yeah, turns out my sister finally has CN.)
PostMon Dec 29, 2003 9:46 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
"You wouldnt want to be in my brain. Its not a happy place"

Thought that was the best line. That episode had a lot of hints and things to exploit later in it. But i have been thinking about Doctor D a lot. And he is the same one that DC has had in various comic books. He was in Sandman, still my favorite series, in the first 8 issues. In one of the most demented issues. Still ranks as one of my favorites. And was one of the things that really pointed the way for the rest of that series.

But concerning Doctor D. Here he was protrayed in two ways. One was as nobody who wanted to be someone. And the second was a more involved version of Scarecrow.

Oh one small stupid problem with that episode. The trashcan breaking the bulletproof glass windshielf of the toyorific batmobile. And then Batman shattering it to clear the rest out. You know i doubt the batmobile uses single pane glass. But that might be me.
PostTue Dec 30, 2003 1:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
But concerning Doctor D. Here he was protrayed in two ways. One was as nobody who wanted to be someone.

John Dee (or D.) = John Doe? Wink
I haven't read that Sandman story in quite a while, but I think the "anonymous factor" played a role in that story as well. I do remember the story was incredibly twisted. (That's both a gross understatement and a great compliment to Mr. Gaiman) Cool
The "Sandman" story may have been an influencing factor in how Dr. D was portrayed in JL.

P.S.- I don't think the last episode scheduled for February, either. Maybe in time for March sweeps.
PostTue Dec 30, 2003 10:51 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
March?! What no I cant wait that long to see a love triangle between two birds and one person with green eyes! Stupid ratings system.

And yes although John Doe fits the Mr Nobody theme. In both cases he named himself Dr Destiny. Which everyone just shortened.

Oh six degree of spriggan seperation. Justice League can now be called the Raiders of the Lost Ark of Animation. Tonight we saw Dr D's face melt off. Just like in Raiders. But unlike in Spriggen. But brought up in my thread anyway.
PostTue Dec 30, 2003 11:57 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, now we know when it'll be on home video (maybe):

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=954

"4th DVD skips 40 eps to bring you S2 Finale
Posted by David Lambert
1/10/2004

"When a Thanagarian force arrives and occupies Earth, Hawkgirl is torn between loyalty to her homeland and love of her adopted planet." That's the Cartoon-Network-supplied synopsis that's been floating around for the as-yet-unaired Justice League episode, "Starcrossed". This 3-part show will probably air on the Cartoon Network in February, wrapping up the exciting 2nd Season of the series.

*Fans are anticipating it, especially since a character named "Hro Talak" appears in it. The name is an amagram of "Katar Hol", which is the Thanagarian name of the classic DC Comics character Hawkman. In the comics, Hawkman and Hawkgirl (Hawkwoman) hail from the planet Thanagar, are "policemen" there, and chase a criminal to Earth, where they then stay and have adventures. Hro Talak is supposed to be representative of the Hawkman character, without committing quite yet in the televised series to the actual classic hero who, in the comics, eventually joined the Justice League of America.

Hro Talak will be voiced by perennial guest star Victor Rivers, who has been seen or heard as visiting characters on shows such as Remington Steele, Miami Vice, Hunter, The Flash, Brisco County Jr., Deep Space Nine, JAG, Batman Beyond, Nash Bridges, C.S.I.: Miami, and 24. He was last seen in a bit part on the big-screen version of the Hulk.

For months, we here at TVShowsOnDVD have been hearing talk of a Justice League: Starcrossed DVD that was already in prep, even while the episode itself was still in the post-production phases. At first we didn't give much credit to the information, because when compared to the first three DVD releases of Justice League - which start at the beginning of the series and continue in order from there - it would mean that Warner Home Video would be skipping *40* episodes on DVD to bring you "Starcrossed" so quickly.

But, though Warner hasn't actually announced it yet, we can doubt it no more. Besides getting confirmation from multiple sources of an April release for the Justice League: Starcrossed DVD, Amazon has now put the item up for pre-order! Cover art, specs, and extras are all missing at this time (though an illustration below could be the proposed cover art for the release; we're not sure yet). The SRP for this disc is $19.98, and the exact street date we've heard from retail sources - which Amazon agrees with - is Tuesday, April 27th. Stay tuned, and we'll have more for you about this when the official announcement comes through."
PostSat Jan 10, 2004 10:40 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
So if we time this right we could see it on DVD before the sweeps?
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 10:19 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
So if we time this right we could see it on DVD before the sweeps?

Maybe not.
An update to the situation shows there is still no official announcement from WB Home Video, and that the Amazon.com date is also incorrect (typical Rolling Eyes ).
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 10:32 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
A bump with an update, again from www.tvshowsondvd.com:

New street date for Starcrossed
Posted by David Lambert
1/22/2004

Just a quick update for you about the upcoming DVD release of Justice League: Starcrossed, which we broke the news on a couple of weeks ago. At the time, Warner had told various retail sources of ours to expect the release on April 27th.

Now - thanks to a heads-up from the Comics Continuum website - we have checked back with those same sources and confirmed that Warner Animation is presently giving a July 13th street date for this DVD.

Amazon's pre-order listing has been updated with that date as well, it seems, so everyone is in sync now. Our thanks to Dan Collins for the tip about Comics Continuum, and I also owe a tip of the hat to my counterpart at ToonZone.net, News Editor Jay Allman. Jay informed me a while back that he knew the date mentioned wouldn't stick, but this was the first time we had an alternate date to reveal.
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 8:34 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Do you think they are gonna put it on the Cartoon Theatre like they did with "The Savage Time."

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostSun Jan 25, 2004 1:21 pm
FlashBack

Post subject:
Doesn't everyone think it is a bit unfair to hold back the season finale for so long? I mean, it's not like they even have other episodes to show, like splitting the season up in half to keep some for later or anything. It is only the season finale we are waiting for. And that just pisses me off. Not to too high of a degree, since i am loving JL at the moment, but i and seriously perturbed. i just want to see the season finale finally and be happy. I have yet to see a series hold back a season finale for 2 months or more. That is just insane. But hey, that's just me, speaking crazy talk! Although i have been loving the way the series has been progressing. The "Death" of Superman, the "Fall" of Solomon Grundy, the love between HawkGirl and GL, and the near-breakdown of the Justice League. And of course, the ass-whooping Darkseid recieved from Superman was just amazing.

I must say, one of the greatest phrases ever, "You know Bruce, you're not always right!" Ahh Superman and Batman have such a great relationship. And of course Batman is the coolest character on that show. Speaking to his other self: "I've helped create a world where a boy doesnt have to see his parents die because of some punk with a gun!" And when that Batman stops the people from attacking the Justice League
Superman: "Wow, for a second there, even i believed you were him!"
Batman: "I AM HIM!"
Ahh, purely amazing
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 1:38 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
FlashBack wrote:
"I've helped create a world where a boy doesnt have to see his parents die because of some punk with a gun!"

Seriously that there is one of the BEST lines ever written for Batman, Conroy is the man. I whole heartidly agree about the delay of the finale but then again JL has had a odd schedule from the beginning. I mean just look and last seasons finale (Savage Time) you know when they aired that? Yeah. We could be in for the long haul in the wait.
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 10:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Batman: You grabbed power!
A. Batman: And with that power, we've created a world where a eight year old will NEVER lose his parents, because of some punk with a gun!

Only bad thing with having to wait for the season finale is that CN won't air "Wild Cards."

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostThu Feb 12, 2004 1:23 pm
FlashBack

Post subject:
Why won't they be playing "Wild Cards," aside from the horrible voice overs from the Teen Titans? Ohh yea, im sure that this has been mentioned a lot already but did everyone see Robin as Nightwing in the future world of Teen Titans....i dont quite know what to say about it. Im sure there was a whole board about it, so if anyone knows about it, could you just post a link if it was already talked about.

"Wild Cards" just proves how much Batman characters kick ass. Although the episode Twilight with Brainiac and Darkseid wasnt too bad on its own.
PostFri Feb 13, 2004 1:02 pm
LegionsOfGotham

Post subject:
Hey all. I'm new to the forum. I run LegionsOfGotham.org, a Batman site.

I found a site posting pics from Starcrossed part 2....

don't read this stuff and look at the pics unless you want MAJOR SPOILERS.......

http://batfigures.proboards22.com/index.cgi?board=spinoff&action=display&num=1076895455

http://www.LegionsofGotham.org
PostMon Feb 16, 2004 3:28 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: