нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - E3: Too big for just gaming discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
E3: Too big for just gaming discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I hear a lot of people say "I bought Xbox because of Halo."

For 2 years, the arguement was "Dude, Xbox has no good games" "DUDE! XBOS HAS HALO!!!!"

If they make Halo a PC game, they'll lose a lot of Xbox sales. They already have everyone using Windows. So they keep Halo as THE Xbox game.

At least, that's my suspicion.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri May 20, 2005 12:01 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
*cough*

It's been out for quite a while now, but it never gained the popularity of the Xbox version....

...I wonder why /sarcasm
PostFri May 20, 2005 2:07 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
We're talking about Halo 2 and future sequels.
PostFri May 20, 2005 8:55 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i already decided about a year ago that i was gonna sit out the next generation of gaming and catch up with the pile of games i currently (and plan to) have for my ps2, maybe picking up a gamecube down the line for a few stray titles...i just believe in getting more time out of my consoles than the companies do, and if sony were to cut all their ps2 support tomorrow, i'd still be set through 2007 with all the games i want to play...

still, i follow the news, and i think all three next-gen systems are taking moves in the right direction...microsoft will no doubt gain a larger market share with their earlier launch and more developers, and nintendo's definitely making the right moves, since conforming to backward compatibility and internet use is now all but required...i think sony's bound to lose some of their market dominance with microsoft locked in on them and nintendo getting back into it, but i currently believe the market is still sony's to lose...

it'll be great to see how this all plays out over the next year...
PostFri May 20, 2005 10:08 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Game Expo Features Eye-Catching Gadgets By MATT SLAGLE, AP

Plenty of gadgets shown at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo had absolutely nothing to do with the next generation of video game consoles from Microsoft Corp., Nintendo Co. and Sony Corp (SNE.N).

We'll get our hands on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Revolution eventually. But until that distant day, we happily made do with a treasure trove of nifty video game gear.

A brief look at some of the more eye-catching stuff:

___

Gizmondo.

The handheld wars of late have focused on Sony's sleek PlayStation Portable and the interactive Nintendo DS. The Gizmondo from Tiger Telematics, Inc., however, intends to be a serious third contender if its able to deliver on its innovative promise. The Gizmondo looks to be the Swiss-Army knife of handhelds with its unique blend of technology that includes GPS satellite tracking, a digital camera and a gyroscope. Oh, and it plays digital music, movies and video games on a 2.8-inch color screen, too. It's already available in Europe and should appear stateside in August. Prices will start at $230.

___

Karaoke Revolution Party.

I know I'm cheating a bit here, but Karaoke Revolution Party won't be much of a video game without some cool accessories. (Namely, a Dance Dance Revolution dance mat and a microphone.) For the first time, Konami Digital Entertainment-America is combining two franchises in Karaoke Revolution and Dance Dance Revolution into one game for the GameCube, PlayStation 2 and Xbox. The result looks primed for parties as you sing and dance (try to, anyway) against as many as seven others. PS2 owners with an EyeToy USB camera peripheral will be able to put their skills on the TV screen, while subscribers of Microsoft's Xbox Live multiplayer gaming service can download new songs. It's set for a fall release; no price has been announced.

___

QMotions-Baseball.

Clicking your computer mouse is hardly the most authentic way to play a few innings of a baseball video game. Why not swing a real bat? For $80, the QMotions-Baseball system replaces the game pad, letting you use a bat of your choosing. The setup includes a special bat collar that wirelessly sends swing movement to a home plate receiver you plug into an Xbox or PC. The device, available this month, works with big league baseball games including "EA Sports MVP Baseball" and "ESPN Baseball."

___

Theater Experience PSP.

Anyone who's drained their Sony PSP battery after watching a few movies will appreciate the Theater Experience PSP from Nyko Technologies. The extra five-hour battery life provided by this device is certainly welcome, but it also boosts the PSP's rather tinny audio with a more robust set of stereo speakers, all wrapped in a flip-open aluminum carrying case. One of the most welcome inclusions is the least techie: an adjustable stand. No more straining your wrists trying to hold the PSP at just the right viewing angle for hours on end. Look for it in June, for about $70.

___

PowerPlay 5.1 Media Chair.

My office desk never was particularly comfortable and now it's even less appealing. Blame it on the Empower Technologies PowerPlay 5.1 Media Chair. As the name suggests, this $999 chair is the center of a surround sound stereo system that'll make those explosions in "Halo 2" rumble through your entire body. The setup remains a prototype and it certainly could use some aesthetic help: as it stands, I don't think you'd see this black and tubular metal piece of furniture anywhere but the most macho of bachelor's pads.

___

Logitech Cordless Precision/Attack Controller.

We've heard a lot lately about how the upcoming consoles will feature wireless controllers. Big deal. They've been available for the existing consoles for quite a while now. Two new offerings from Logitech bring the affordable freedom of tetherless gaming to the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. The semi-translucent blue $30 Precision is compatible for the PS2, while the see-through green $40 Attack works with the Xbox. So what's new this time around? Logitech says the Precision and Attack will last 300 hours on just two AA batteries. And no tripping over cords anymore.

___

Saitek Pro Gamer Command Pad.

Coming in September, this $40 keyboard ad-on should appeal to fans of first-person shooters, or any computer game were you'll need a nimble keyboard to get around. This accessory looks like a separate numeric keypad with a special thumb rest. But I don't think Saitek had number crunching in mind. The keys are laser-etched and glow blue, which should make it easier to see what keys I'm frantically pounding during those intense, late-night "Doom 3" battles
PostSun May 22, 2005 7:07 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: