нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Stan Lee vs Marvel Comics
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Stan Lee vs Marvel Comics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject: Stan Lee vs Marvel Comics
The Dow Jones Business News reports that Stan Lee, chairman emeritus of Marvel Enterprises Inc., may sue the company if it fails to pay him 10% of profits earned from movies and TV programs featuring classic comic characters.

Marvel, which says it’s paying Lee an annual salary of $1 million, dismisses the Spider-Man creator’s claim to profits, based on an employment agreement signed in November of 1998.

With Spider-Man movie revenue nearing the $1 billion mark, a 10% take for Lee would be substantial, to say the least. The web slinger is just one of many characters conceived by Lee, and one of more than 3,500 characters in Marvel’s catalog.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Nov 12, 2002 10:34 pm
IsmHawk

Post subject:
OMG, the man needs to get paid, i don't even know why it has to go this far. HE made Marvel, more or less, the comic book giant that it is today. I say give the man his dues, he deserves it.

~Lord IsmHawk~
-Megalomaniac since 1984-
PostWed Nov 13, 2002 7:22 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Why sue yourself?
PostWed Nov 13, 2002 4:14 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
Why sue yourself?

He's not. He's suing the Marvel "Corporation", the Wall Street speculators that took the company and turned it into a debt-ridden black-hole money pit. At least it was until just recently.
His main complaint is against Hollywood's creative accounting practices that show "Spider-Man" isn't a profitable movie. Rolling Eyes
PostWed Nov 13, 2002 10:26 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Holy Shazzbot!
PostThu Nov 14, 2002 4:20 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Saying Spider-man isn't profitable is like saying that food isn't good.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Nov 14, 2002 9:06 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, I'm not exactly on Stan's side here. I personally consider it "divine retribution" for Stan not backing Jack Kirby's similar claims 15 years ago.
(If anybody should get credit for Marvel character creation, it should be Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko)
It's all the evil of "work-for-hire" contracts. Whatever you create while in the company's employ, the company owns.
PostFri Nov 15, 2002 12:29 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Good point there Nobu. I just relaized a guy at my school's name is Nobu (I don't know if its his full name or short for something). Anyway, it is retribution for what he did back then but it's still some pretty shadey shit that marvel is pulling with the "it didn't make any money at all" even though it broke records in the box office and broke even more when it hit the shelves. I haven't really heard of a movie that could break so many records and not be prophitable. Especialyl when those records have to do with money made.

PostFri Nov 15, 2002 12:33 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
it's still some pretty shadey shit that marvel is pulling with the "it didn't make any money at all" even though it broke records in the box office and broke even more when it hit the shelves. I haven't really heard of a movie that could break so many records and not be prophitable. Especialyl when those records have to do with money made.

Agreed. He's not the only victim. There have been a few cases in past years of other people getting screwed out of their rightful rewards. I just can't think of them right now. (darned age-induced memory loss Sad Wink )
PostFri Nov 15, 2002 12:43 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
you suuuure it's age induced? possitive? or could it be from "extra-curricular" activities?

like head trauma from football

PostFri Nov 15, 2002 12:46 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
you suuuure it's age induced? possitive? or could it be from "extra-curricular" activities?

like head trauma from football

I don't remember... Wink
PostFri Nov 15, 2002 2:00 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
and the world is a better place for it Smile love the new avatar btw.

PostFri Nov 15, 2002 5:35 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I, right this instant, realized just how very entertaining Spook/Nobu discussions are.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Nov 15, 2002 12:00 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: