нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - can anyone say abandon all hope for toonami?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
can anyone say abandon all hope for toonami?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
I didn't mind the deeper-voiced sidekick, but the one spouting out "dope" and "baby" was grating to say the least. Stick that one to commercial bumpers and leave the longer stuff to Tom...

I'm glad others noticed the glaring absence of Sara. Hopefully she'll show up sometime down the line, as its hard to imagine Tom now without her...

As for Tom's redesign, well, I'm not really sure yet. I'd almost prefer they call him by a different name, but that would likely require a voice change which wouldn't work. I'm so far removed from the Toonami demographic though, so maybe this sorta thing is what the kids like nowadays?
nuava wrote:
To quote my 8 year old nephew who must be where the new target demographic is "Where did the cool robot go?"
...or not...
PostSun Mar 18, 2007 10:12 am
reddfoxx123

Post subject: WAY COOL
this new look of toonami really had a effect on me. But i can get used to it. maybe sara is gone now and them new robots are tom's sidekicks...oh well..i hope sara do come back. I kinda like the new look though.The new tom looks weird though with that face and that body but oh well. no matter how much we complain that'll not gonna change toonami until a few more years so lets just get used to the new look. It's pretty cool Very Happy
PostSun Mar 18, 2007 1:15 pm
CabooseJr

Post subject:
i miss the absolution, actually, i miss both of them, but i mostly miss the 1st absolution. it was very very big.
PostSun Mar 18, 2007 1:54 pm
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
Coudln't watch last night. Taped it. Watched it just now. What the HELL! I won't reiterate the absence of the Absolution or Sara, but what the HELL! So basically Tom and the Clydes, if that's what they are, are the same except Tom has legs and they float or wheel around or whatever? I must say, this was not what I expected. Though, I enjoyed the tributes. It's like looking at some 9 year old Saturday morning cartoon block, and Steven Blume's voice makes it sound seem so weird, the new Tom and his voice just don't compliment each other. Just goes to show you folks, they show the best parts in the commercials.
PostSun Mar 18, 2007 4:49 pm
Kazuki_Kazama

Post subject: Ahem....
Hi there... Just found this site and i saw the clips from the 10th anniversary and I have to get this out..
Wow... Laughing
It looks Very Happy
It looks... Smile
...It, Uh, looks... Confused
Ugh... Sad
Oh my sweet Christmas... Crying or Very sad

I kept looking at the promos for this... realizing what march 17th was last month and thought to myself.. "A new TOM model? They seriously couldn't top it, right?" I was right, the couldn't' top it... the simply messed it up... I don't care about the absolution and I do Miss Sara, but she hasn't' been around like the good ol days, either. But when TOM (Apparently Short for Thomas) Looks like this,

Something has gone horribly wrong... I was expecting something more Vectorman-ish Or at least the return of Moltar. That woulda been cool. My Nephew was asking me who he was when I got home today. He's as loyal to Toonami as I was back in '97. This is how he went

"Tio!, Whos' that guy in that funny suit?" "Who?" "Molar!" "Eh?" "On Toonami!" "Moltar?" "Yesh!" "He's the original guy on Toomani before TOM" "Woooow, you're Old, Tio!" He said that to me and I thought Moltar came back, I go on Toonami and Still see their Pre 10th season layout so I searched for it. Man... Poor TOM.

Nuava's nephew thought the same thing too! XD Yeah, Badass robots are better than cute robots.

So.. Uh... who like the new TOM anyways? Not me. ...

I think someone should find the 'intruder' and have it attack TOM again. >.> <.<
PostMon Mar 19, 2007 1:24 am
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject: Re: Ahem....
I knew somebody was gonna make the Thomas the Tank Engine reference and yeah I thought that too. I honestly was surprised that Tom had a face, and I was questioning what happened to the Absolution. What is the new headquarters called? How did Tom become like that? Unfortunately they left us hanging with so many unanswered questions....
PostMon Mar 19, 2007 12:12 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
With the past two look changes it seems like they focus on changing the look first, then make up a story/reason later, if they bother at all.
PostMon Mar 19, 2007 1:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
nuava

Kazuki_Kazama wrote:
I think someone should find the 'intruder' and have it attack TOM again.

that would be brilliant.

I just watched the new intro for the 20th time (I like being sad). Every time I see TOM (or should I call him Thomas?) walk I just get completely disgusted.

And I feel horrible for asking this, but what show was Paguwasunfa from? Outlaw Star?
PostMon Mar 19, 2007 2:29 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

nuava wrote:
but what show was Paguwasunfa from? Outlaw Star?

Yes.
PostMon Mar 19, 2007 3:57 pm
mehman

Post subject:
I'm not ready to give up on toonami just yet. The new design, although odd and with scary faces, is actually cool. Now, if they put up some kind of backstory, find Sara and the Absolution, That would make it so much better. Most of that has already been said, but I thought I'd share.

Also, I think that it would be fitting if we called Tom4 "Thomas" due to his resembalence to the tank engine.
PostMon Mar 19, 2007 6:05 pm
SU182

Post subject:
Yeah, I'm abondoning all hope for Toonami.

First of all, The new reacor logo is ugly and the style is entirely stupid.

Toon
ami.

Very stupid, Possible the worst logo ever.
Second, How did TOM 4 emerve, Why does he look like a mix between Tomas the Tank Engine and a childish Robot design, Why do the clyde's have faces, How did he get partners and how did they land on this planet.
Thirdly, Why don't we have a story to back this up, It's like it emerged to bring it's 10th Anniversery to a whimper.

Working:

The Fast And The Furious (99%) Track Layout Planning Phase
Walt Disney ImagniStudios Ohio (9%) Scenery & Ride Placement Phase
Six Flags Orlando Paradise (0%) Soon to be worked on!

SU182, It's all in the Thrill
PostTue Mar 20, 2007 2:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
just

Veteran

Post subject:
I honestly don't have a problem with the new Tom ecxept for that we don't have a story behind it. I'm also curious about Sara and the Absolution but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on Toonami. I guess we have to wait it out and hope for the best. This might be the worst idea for Toonami or it just might be the best. In the coming months we may just be pleasantly surprised.
PostTue Mar 20, 2007 2:16 pm
CabooseJr

Post subject:
It seems they updated the Toonami site on CN.
PostTue Mar 20, 2007 2:29 pm
SU182

Post subject:
I noticed.

And if you take a closer look at TOM, You'll realize to yourself, "Aw, Who am I kidding?".

Working:

The Fast And The Furious (99%) Track Layout Planning Phase
Walt Disney ImagniStudios Ohio (9%) Scenery & Ride Placement Phase
Six Flags Orlando Paradise (0%) Soon to be worked on!

SU182, It's all in the Thrill
PostWed Mar 21, 2007 11:54 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CabooseJr

Post subject:
nice double post.
PostWed Mar 21, 2007 2:02 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: