нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - .hack//sign
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
.hack//sign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
To clear up any confusion, one of my friends has the fansub, and I watched the first four episodes. Mmmm, well-done subtitles. Back on topic, all of The World that you need to know gets explained. Have patience, and it will be revealed in its time.

I must say, though, the best part of it so far is the writing. I've rarely seen such characterization. It's awesome! Very Happy
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 12:03 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think I have seen 2 ep's...And I have to fix my avatar again...maybe I should stick with my Asuka one. My Mizhuo looks mess up...
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 7:05 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
wow...like daikun, i'm a bit surpised that this caught everyone off-guard...i've been anticipating this show for weeks now, thinking it'd be a great shot in the arm for the ailing toonami block...i went through work all day yesterday just thinking about getting home and popping in the tape to see this show...

anyway, the first episode gave off that "vibe" of something new, like the saturday adult swim block did for me in the past...this show just "feels" different, and i like that...

the confusion thing appears to be intentional, as we're introduced to the main character apparently just after he gets sucked into "the world"...dot hack seems to be a dialogue-heavy series (at least from what was aired yesterday), and while that might turn off dragonball z fanatics, i think it's a great way of adding variety to the toonami block...

i'll definitely be watching this every week...this could be big...
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 12:58 pm
AnimeArtist4

Post subject:
i totally agree with JJ.

it's a new type. it feels almost like it is it's own genre or something.

very mysterious, and complex. just the way i like it. Wink
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 5:01 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I haven't seen much fighting...
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 5:45 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Knight_Hawk wrote:
... and Mimiru sounds like Serena :/

Firstly, if your are talking about the dubbed voice for Serena you need to get your ears checked because I have never heard anything as anoying as the Serena's voice in the dub. Mimiru's wasn't even close.

I really don't care if the DBZ fans like .Hack//Sign or not. Just because there is real character development fewer fights does not mean that they won't get it though. They just need to think back to Dragon Ball when there was some plot and character development, then .Hack//Sign will make sense.
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 10:21 pm
Knight_Hawk

Post subject:
Oh my hearing is fine and like i said before she sounds like Serena.
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 10:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:

I don't think we're going to. I understand it's a dialogue-heavy series. (Never seen it)
PostSun Feb 02, 2003 11:05 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Chibi_Zero wrote:

I don't think we're going to. I understand it's a dialogue-heavy series. (Never seen it)

I shouldn't have said that (>_<) I know this. I like the fact there isn't much fighting though
PostMon Feb 03, 2003 4:21 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
phew! then.
And what a confusing first episode it was!
I will glue myself down at 3 o'clock to watch this cool thing.
I hope that the DBZ fans open their eyes to a broader spectrum of anime greatness.
Art looks nice.
Any body know what year this show is?

And i'm also pleased that i now have a topic that wasn't eaten by "Locke" after the first 3 posts. yay!
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostTue Feb 04, 2003 3:28 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
In recent years, ever since the enormously popular and infinitely confusing Neon Genesis Evangelion first hit Japanese TV, series have been emerging that are far less fan-service oriented (ie: big explosions, fantastic fights, girls with big boobies, etc.) and more characterization/plot driven. Series such as Serial Experiments Lain, .hack//SIGN, Noir, and RahXephon have created an almost new "sub-genre" that is driven by heaps and heaps of dialogue and start off by throwing the audience right in the middle of the intrigue and mystery of the plot. Some (like Eva and Lain) deliberately leave certain mystery elements unexplained. The drama is built mostly upon these "unknowns", and keeping the audience guessing helps to drive the facination of the fans that support these series (if it weren't for the fans, GAINAX probably wouldn't have been able to do two Eva movies).

.hack//SIGN is a good introduction to these sub-genre mystery series, plus it has low amounts of violence and adult language or situations, so it totally makes sense that it would be on Toonami. On the other hand, unlike Dragonball or Gundam or Pokemon, we aren't given answers to all the important questions right away, and it proves to be a much more cerebral series than most Toonami audiences are probably used to.

These intrigue-intensive stories can usually annoy most people, which is why I sometimes call Evangelion a "weeder" series, as it will "weed-out" the average person with short-attention spans out from the rest of us total anime nerd fanatics. Akira and Ghost in the Shell also have heavy "mysteries" in them that can drive away most casual watchers, but are single movies and not series. However, I consider them heavy milestones in animated storytelling in that they challenge the audience much more than most, and it is this challenge that most American audiences aren't used to.

Besides, when's the last time you were left to ponder "the futility of it all" after watching Lilo and Stitch? Twisted Evil

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostTue Feb 04, 2003 10:20 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:
Besides, when's the last time you were left to ponder "the futility of it all" after watching Lilo and Stitch? Twisted Evil

Every damn time.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Feb 04, 2003 11:52 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:

Every damn time.

Yes, but being a chronically depressed loser doesn't count... Razz Laughing

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostThu Feb 06, 2003 4:13 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:
Spookmonkey wrote:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:

Every damn time.

Yes, but being a chronically depressed loser doesn't count... Razz Laughing

hey, that movie was deep. Way deep. So deep that most are too afraid to tred the water of its deepness and so stay away from the deep with the more shallow non-deep surface end. I figure if I say deep enougfh somebody somewhere will believe me. It was a really good flick though.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Feb 06, 2003 11:43 pm
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject:
It was pretty darn deep for my 3 year old nephew too. Only he just would say Oooo and Aaaah though out Lilo and Stitch.
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 3:14 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: