нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - *SIGH* Don't know how it happened, but I'm hooked . . .
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
*SIGH* Don't know how it happened, but I'm hooked . . .
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject: *SIGH* Don't know how it happened, but I'm hooked . . .
So I was finally able to catch a few episodes of Naruto on Toonami.

And I'm hooked.

It feels like DBZ, only with Ninjas instead of Aliens.

But the kicker is that, here are these characters, that repeatedly pull off attacks that literally SURPRISE me in their originality. Now, I've only seen 5 episodes so far, but still, somehow, these critters are just shocking me with some of their moves.

And that's a good thing.

So yes, this is my formal announcment: I like Naruto.

That is all.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jun 25, 2006 12:19 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
How the mighty have fallen...
PostSun Jun 25, 2006 3:12 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hmm . . . I don't know that I would consider it a fall, per se. I mean, DBZ is what indeed got me hooked on anime . . . almost 8 years ago now. In addition to that, when I was loosing my love for anime, and animation in general, almost 2 years ago, it was a moment of Fullmetal Alchemist that saved me. That moment? The fight scene at the end of episode 4. That 15 seconds of animation reaffirmed my love of the artform.

I've always liked anime for the fight scenes more than anything else. Say what you will about voice talent, plot, soundtrack, or anything else, but all of it is almost meaningless to me in terms of appeal. I just love FLAIR. And Naruto does indeed utilize flair rather well.

So does Fullmetal Alchemist. So does Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop (though the latter two do so in very different ways than the former two.)

Being a person that, literally, studies TV, movies, and animation at every chance, it's RARE that anything surprises me. I can call most things either seconds, or worse, minutes before they happen. For example, I was watching O Brother Where Art Thou for the first time a few nights ago, and I called the ending at, at the latest, halfway through the movie.

Which is why I also love the Xmen 3 movie, even though I have multiple friends that hated it. X3 repeatedly surprised me. The first hour didn't at all, but then, right at the midway point, with Prof X VS Pheonix . . . WHAM shocked more than any movie has shocked me in years. Literally.

So I loved it.

Naruto, as midnless as it may be, has already shocked me once and surprised me another time. And that's in only 5 or 6 episodes. It's impressive.

PostSun Jun 25, 2006 3:42 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Next we will have a post about his love of "The Batman"
PostSun Jun 25, 2006 5:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Never speak of such evil again, Fodder.
PostSun Jun 25, 2006 6:37 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
But CP is a Narutard! I respected him and trusted him. And now he's gone to the other side.

Next up is for him to go to a convention as Sailor Moon
PostSun Jun 25, 2006 6:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wait a minute, I am not a "Narutard". I have not professed anything regarding edits, voice talent, or "ruined purity by dubbing".

I simply enjoy the fights in the show.

Also, the 30 seconds of The Batman that I saw sucked giant wang. Does that reassure you that I'm not going crazy?

PostSun Jun 25, 2006 6:56 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
My 'Naruto Talkback Topic' is stickied for a reason CP.....
PostSun Jun 25, 2006 9:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Must be the full moon. I just watched a "The Batman" episode and it wasnt that bad. I like the way they do Joker, Catwoman and even Batgirl
PostMon Jun 26, 2006 9:27 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
If there's one thing I actually like about The Batman, it's the Joker's voice. It's not Hamill quality, but it's better than expected. As for Batgirl, not so much. The fact that Batgirl joins before Robin just makes no blasted sense.
PostMon Jun 26, 2006 10:31 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh i agree about how odd they created her before Robin. But they wanted toys to sell to girs. At least shes not Alfreds cousin right? Plus they introduce her by stealing a bat bike. Somehow these things worked for me.

And as for the actor playing the Joker. Yes your right he's not up to Mark Hamill's voice. But it sure does seem like thats who he is immitating doesnt it? And the Joker in "The Batman" plays the whole crazy side up more then Batman:TAS's demented Joker.

Its one of the few key characters I'm ok with the change on. This Joker plays up the slapstick and jokes almost to going to far. Where the old animated series joker was a genius and knew it.

Besides wheres Harley in "The Batman"? Part of me is happy shes not there.

And they did seem to get Alfred right as well. Especially in the episode where he fights Penguin over his families heritage.

So see CP its not just you
PostMon Jun 26, 2006 10:47 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:

But then I couldn't be an attention whore . . .

PostMon Jun 26, 2006 11:32 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:

That must explain why you've yet to disavow any desire to Sailor Moon crossplay. Wink
PostMon Jun 26, 2006 4:32 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
counterparadox wrote:

That must explain why you've yet to disavow any desire to Sailor Moon crossplay. Wink

Someone has to replace the old creepy guy at conventions when he finally curls up and dies. I'm not saying I want to, but if I get to a point where I'm old and creepy and still have no claim to fame, well, I just want to leave my options open.

PostMon Jun 26, 2006 4:54 pm
painkillerjan

Post subject:
welcome to the darkside. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
PostFri Jun 30, 2006 6:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: