нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - TEEN TITANS CANCELLED!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
TEEN TITANS CANCELLED!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightwing77

Post subject: TEEN TITANS CANCELLED!
Has anyone heard the news of Teen Titans not getting a sixth season. What's your opinion and do you think it can be saved?
"NIGHTWING. HE IS THE BEST. THE ONLY ONE I COULD HAVE PICKED TO LEAD YOU. HE WILL HONOR YOU. HE WILL MAKE YOU CHAMPIONS. That's it. That's the speech. Get to work Justice League. The world needs you." -Batman "The Obsidian Age"
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 12:36 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
What are you baseing this information on?
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 1:11 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, you'll need to give us a link.
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 9:36 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
TitansGo has been reporting on rumblings about this for the past week (and I just heard of them a couple of days ago myself). Sounds fairly solid.

Quote:
Teen Titans cancelled?
Posted by Butch on November 16, 2005 @ 7:52 pm EST

As many of you've probably heard from Animation Insider, the show's chances of getting renewed for a 6th season are dismal. Fans are being urged to send letters to express their support.

Mailing hand-written letters to Cartoon Network stating your concerns about the show being cancelled may go a very long way to changing their minds. Therefore, we urge any and all Teen Titans fans to further the cause and send their thoughts to Cartoon Network, as well as getting the word out to anyone you know. Don't let the best show on CN end before its time.

Send your letters here:
Cartoon Network
1050 Techwood Drive
Atlanta, GA 30318

As for why the show is getting cancelled, we can only hazard a guess. AWN reported awhile ago of a massive layoff among the Warner Bros divisions which may've delayed a season pickup. TitansGo.net has also heard from production sources that Cartoon Network simply has little interest in keeping the series. The reason may be more than most know, and sadly, production crews tend to be last to know about their shows being renewed. We will keep you updated on the situation as we find out more, as well as further ways fans can help.

- and -
Quote:
Season 6 officially axed
Posted by Butch on November 23, 2005 @ 11:23 pm EST

TitansGo.net was informed last night by a production crew member that Season 6 of Teen Titans is officially cancelled.

There are still no given reasons for the decision, so we still insist that fans continue to mail their thoughts to Cartoon Network, support the show by buying its merchandise, and show their love of Teen Titans in any way else they can. Nothing is ever 100% certain, and you can't keep a good thing down for long.

Once again, Cartoon Network's address to send your letters to is:

Cartoon Network
1050 Techwood Drive
Atlanta, GA 30318

Let's keep it up!

I have to admit, I didn't think we'd get Season 5. CN seems to drop things after 52 episodes *coughSamuraiJackcough*
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 10:06 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
The cancellation of Teen Titans doesn't suprise me all that much. CN has a habit of axing shows in the middle of their prime (Samurai Jack, Megas). Keep in mind that JLU is still going strong (I think), and they've never ruled out a Titans/ JLU crossover. As a last resort, you could always go back to the comics.
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gundam0084 wrote:
Keep in mind that JLU is still going strong (I think), and they've never ruled out a Titans/ JLU crossover. As a last resort, you could always go back to the comics.

I've got a sawbuck that says JLU'll get axed, too. Crying or Very sad
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 1:19 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well I wouldnt say Megas was cancelled in its prime. The show was already showing signs of age when it was cancelled after season 2. And this is coming from a fan of the show.

But this does seem to fit the pattern with CN's not getting more of "The Batman". A mixed blessing of course. But also the lack of any more JLU episodes. Including the ones that are finished but still unshown. Which if I read right is about 8 episodes.

Not sure if its related. But it seems odd considering that Boomerang has been getting more episodes of the old Batman and Superman series from late in their runs. Which might be due to Warner Brothers cleaning house of their old animation.

As a show ages it usually gets more expensive to produce. And their are more then enough episodes of Teen Titans to syndicate. Which could have caused WB to pull the plug on the series.

Plus the Teen Titans/JLU time slot is needed for reruns of Magnum PI comes to a Cartoon Network time slot near you
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 3:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
But this does seem to fit the pattern with CN's not getting more of "The Batman". A mixed blessing of course.

Oh, I think "The Batman" will be back, after a few more months of Kid's WB exclusivity.
Shame KWB didn't sign up for more TT beyond season 2. Sad
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 3:21 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
The budget wasnt there after all the money spent on variations of Pokemon, Yugi-oh, Digimon and the Olsen Twins Variety Hour with card playing.
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 3:44 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
CN seems to drop things after 52 episodes

I dont think Naruto will be dropped after 52 episodes. Look at DBZ about 276 episodes,Rurouni Kenshin got 62 and Yu Yu Hakusho is almost done with 112 episodes.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 7:12 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
Nobuyuki wrote:
CN seems to drop things after 52 episodes

I dont think Naruto will be dropped after 52 episodes. Look at DBZ about 276 episodes,Rurouni Kenshin got 62 and Yu Yu Hakusho is almost done with 112 episodes.

CN didn't MAKE thsoe shows, they aired them. CN tends to drop shows after around 50 episodes that THEY HAVE PRODUCED. There's the difference.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 8:39 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Plus the Teen Titans/JLU time slot is needed for reruns of Magnum PI comes to a Cartoon Network time slot near you

Sure it's not a cartoon, but would that really be a BAD thing?
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 10:40 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Crazy Cartoon Network logic:
Air a show:

If show gets poor ratings (Megas, YYH, Samurai Jack, Duck Dodgers), there's an excuse to axe it.

If show gets good ratings (SD Gundam, Teen Titans, DBZ), keep reairing it over and over and release it on DVD.

Some fans will buy the DVDs and won't watch the reruns on CN beacause they have the DVD. Ratings fall.

Other fans won't buy the DVD because they can watch the infinite reruns on CN for free, but won't watch on CN because they get bored with the infinite reruns. DVD sales don't live up to expectations and ratings fall.

End result in all cases: axe show.

Possible solution: instead of rerunning a show into the ground, air one or two runs, then pull the show for a while. This will create a demand for DVDs and reairings, so when the show comes back, the ratings will be good.
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 11:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
nightwing77

Post subject:
That is exactly what needs to be done. I mean I'm such a fan of Teen Titans (in case you couldn't tell by my name) and its a damn shame that I have to see it go. It was getting phenomanal too with this new season, especially with Kid Flash comin up next week. I really wish Cartoon Network would get there priorities straight before I have to let go of another one of my favorites (JLU).
"NIGHTWING. HE IS THE BEST. THE ONLY ONE I COULD HAVE PICKED TO LEAD YOU. HE WILL HONOR YOU. HE WILL MAKE YOU CHAMPIONS. That's it. That's the speech. Get to work Justice League. The world needs you." -Batman "The Obsidian Age"
PostTue Nov 29, 2005 10:06 pm
JRuff

Post subject:
I hope they will save the sixth season as well as you do.
PostThu Dec 01, 2005 1:42 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: