нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Your Questions about BIG O, because we know you have them
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Your Questions about BIG O, because we know you have them
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerbera345

Post subject:
Likely, as Big Duo has it's missiles in it's legs.

Here is the current armaments of the Big O and the Big Duo.

Big O
Chromebuster (Forehead)
Eye Lasers
Compressed Air Pile Driver
Chest Machine Guns
Stomach Missiles
Arm Machine Guns
Rocket Propelled Anchors (I count at least sixteen of those)
Unknown Chest Weapon (in the preview Big O's armour plates on it's chest were shown to open)

Big Duo
Forearm Machine Guns
Eye Lasers
Chest Missiles
Leg Missiles
Propellor Blades (when it was mummified it used these as a weapon)

I think that Big O is exactly like the Archetype under it's armour plating, there is the basic structre and it's weaponry and ammunition storage are in under the armour but outside the framework, this is shown by the fact the Archetype has a waist composed of little more than a support colum and several power feeds, the waist of Big O is quite thick and I would presume that all the ammunition is in the waist, there is certainly enough room seeing as howe there is only one set of missiles and the machine guns only have enough ammunition for one firing, I suspect that the ChromeBuster and the Eye Lasers run from the same system, this system likely has capacitors in the head itself (the studs on Big O's head?) and the eye lasers are simply the low power emitters and the Chromebuster is the high powered emitter. The arm guns can certainly be fitted in the massive arms and still have enough room for the pile drivers (all they are is a compressed air cylinder of really good quality).

Big Duo is a different matter, the Archetype's frame likely had it's arms removed and it's legs were restructured, the legs obviously have immense strength as it could house those huge missile and still move well enough, the eye lasers likely pull power from a capacitor bank charged by the main power supply, this capacitor is likely the large frill the surrounds Big Duo's head, the missiles ammo is in the waist and it's machine guns are no matter as they are quite small. The Big Duo probably doesn't use jet fuel for it's engine but pulls power from the main power plant and uses it as a fusion turbine, I think those darn props are just for low speed manuvering and Schwartzvald was to dense to turn them off. (especially since the reconstructed Big Duo seems to lack it's props).

Fun Pictures, Big O's and Big Duo's true faces.

http://www.paradigm-city.com/images/ep13/bigduorebuilt.jpg

http://www.paradigm-city.com/images/ep13/bigonoface.jpg

And the Archetype.

http://www.paradigm-city.com/images/ep04/archetype01.jpg
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 9:39 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gerbera, you are a mecha info god. Once again, I'm impressed.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 8:47 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
oh man Big O today was so sweeeet! The Fitzgeral Mega Deus was really cool and acrobatic, maneuverable. But it was no match for those awesome arm cannons!!! I'm not following too well on the whole alter ego death thing too well though.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Aug 10, 2003 10:13 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
So Dorothy has memories. That's what she implied at least. I'm guessing that's going to be important later on. Also, how did that Big O's quad gun create that O that caused that huge explosion? That confused me.

PostMon Aug 11, 2003 4:14 pm
D-Fense

Post subject:
Big O gets upgrades....

.... furthermore some of my other "thoughts"...

Rodger Smith has implanted memories.

Cryogenics was used to create clones.

These clones got implants.

"Cast in the name of God, ye not Guilty" --> Only a clone can drive it, since only it would have the knowledge to operate.... the implanted memories.... hence, he is not guilty of the war.... ... I dunno... that one needs more refining I think... (*LOL*)

Bottom line here.... the Japanese are different than us... in so much that they have a stronger religious background than american "mainline" television entertainment... we americans "flaunt" with religion on shows, but not too heavy...

I mean, hell dude, these guys make that seizure robots...

SEE LINK --> http://www.seizurerobots.com/

ARRGGGG
PostMon Aug 11, 2003 6:49 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Eh, the link isn't really THAT seizure-causing.

I've seen worse.
PostMon Aug 11, 2003 7:46 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
Shocked Shocked WOW thats a lot of Info!!

I mean its amazing(no offecne anyone) how much people get into this stuff about mechs, I know im one of them. A year ago I was trying to draw a blue print for a gundam.

So Rogers a clone?

I think that the girl with the red baloon is a member of a assian guild. One of a bunch of french people.(figures) Rolling Eyes

Thats what it is all about!
PostMon Aug 11, 2003 9:49 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
whoaAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! *BARF!!!!!!*
what a seizure.
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostTue Aug 12, 2003 11:41 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually after watching episode 1 of season 1 again. I thought "Hey Dorothy was given memories". I thought I had posted it. Guess i didnt. Reason for this is because they said Wayneright(sp?) had his. And Dorothy's fathers factory was created with these memories. Plus the androids could only be created in the current day by people with them.

SPOILERS EPISODE 2 Season 2
=========================

I wasnt expecting the politician to be a bot. That completly caught me off guard. I also wasnt expecting him to give dorothy his memories. Then when harlequinn showed up (come on who else was hoping for her voice when that guys showed in the harrlequin outfit) I was further thrown off. It all added up to one of the CN panels that said "Wait until you see the end of the episode"

SPOILERS OVER
==============

Concerning the animation. Im just not sold on it yet. I dont like the triangular fingers and feet. This was always a cheap cop out for animators. I, myself, prefer my anime to look a little more human. Sure they can have 4 fingers like the simpsons. But when your trying to look human like in Big O. Go the whole way please. Or at least pretend your not trying to simplify it so the Korean animators can draw faster.

I want the original butlers voice back. I dont like the new one. But I will watch all the new episodes. Because im just a big fan.

Oh the O from the firing of the cannons. Heres a guess. The concussion from the firing of all those large caliber projectiles would create a shock wave in a pressurized environment like a dome. And if you time the last shot right you could break the shock wave causing an explosion. COME ON WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A GIANT ROBOT IN THE FUTURE. JUST WATCH AND SMILE KNOWINGLY
PostWed Aug 13, 2003 8:58 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Haha, alright, fair enough Fodder. But I agree with out on the fingers. THat bothered me when they were all pointy.

Also, if that Deus' sword could cut through Big O's armor easily, then how, when Big O's fist met it head on, did it not peirce Big O's hand? I mean, I don't think it should have cut Big O's armor in the first place (it was hollow. It had ot be flimsy) yet it did and then it didn't and I was confused.

PostWed Aug 13, 2003 9:17 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
There is a term called Suspended Disbelief. You believe that there is a world where people forgot their memories. You believe giant 60 foot robots came come crashing out of the street. BUt that there own weight won't make them crash back into the subways again. You believe that these same giant robots can be repaired by 1!!! butler. Now matter how well trained he is. You believe that this same butler can keep retrofitting the giant 60 foot tall locomotive train looking robot with more weapons. And that no one notices the orders for all the projectiles? Or that Acme house of Mega Deuses has been selling an awful lot of deathblossom chain lately

But you cant believe that the hand that is strong enough to take the force of the compressed air piston and smash the megas faces in. Couldnt take a hit from the tip of the blade, its weak point, and smash it into a million pieces?

Hes the good guy with the pointy feet. The good guy always wins in this type of cartoon..err i mean anime.
PostWed Aug 13, 2003 9:27 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
I don't know if this would count as off topic or not, but does anyone have the some of the Big-O toys?

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostFri Aug 15, 2003 2:32 pm
Gerbera345

Post subject:
I have both Big O and Big Duo, they're quite accurate to the animation and have quite good flexibility despite the original designs limitations.
PostFri Aug 15, 2003 7:39 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Okay, I saw the Big-O figure at a shop last Saturday, and I wasn't sure about the posibility.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostFri Aug 15, 2003 10:55 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
Heres one for your brain, is everyone knows that Rogers is the pilot of Big O, then why in those early eps did Dosston order his men to open fire on it after it stopped beck?

Thats what it is all about!
PostFri Aug 15, 2003 11:24 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 11 of 25

Jump to: