нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Zombie Breakout: Your two weapons of choice?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Zombie Breakout: Your two weapons of choice?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject: Zombie Breakout: Your two weapons of choice?
Possibility of a Zombie Breakout is possible! Luckily zombies are slow, stupid, and smell funny, so dispatching one is relatively easy.

If you had to chose between 2 weapons to defend yourself against a breakout, what would you choose? Where would you go?

Primary Weapon of Choice:
12Gauge Spas 12

Secondary Weapon of Choice:
Glock19 or a toss up between an Axe or Machete *possibly a baseball bat.*

12Gauge is great for close combat, and can stop a pretty good size zombie, though ammo may be somewhat of a concern due to its shell size and the weapon not being able to carry much in it.

Glock19 would make an excellent backup since 9mm ammo is everywhere, would be good for dispatching rogue zombies or distance shooting. Lacks stopping power but if you have decent aim, 1 shot headshots should do the trick. 15 rounds per clip make this pistol incredibly valuable with ammo storage.

Machete / Axe / Bat / Crowbar
There's a time where you just have to go balls to the walls and melee hand to hand. Machete wouldn't be that affective against a zombie since it would require too much force to decapitate and way too close for comfort.

Axe would be good for getting into locked doors (most likely since there is a breakout most places would be locked up or in shambles) and the axe would give you some distance from anything you were striking at, though it may not be effective against a blood crazed zombie.

Baseball Bat would be crazy, bludgeon everything to death, no strategy just swing and beat things to death. Alot of force with little effort.

Crowbar... Well you aren't Gordan Freeman and you don't have a powersuit.. melee range would be way to close to hit something and it wouldn't have much impact, but the utility factor would be incredible.

Yes, I am bored and trying to bring life to the forums.

/discuss

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostThu Apr 19, 2007 1:19 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Crowbar
AK-47

And hey, all these forums need do is talk about Phoenix Wright with me everyday and we'll have life.
PostFri Apr 20, 2007 5:29 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I have a bit of experience with this kind of scenario in Dead Rising

Primary Weapon: A Baseball Bat - A simple yet effective weapon to use while taking on a few Zombies.

Secondary Weapon: I'll go with whatever semi-automatic weapon I can find. While my bat will be very useful against a few of the undead, it's usefulness will be reduced while engaging a group of them. So it only makes sense to have a weapon that can help dispatch dispatch a group of Zombies quickly

And if I can't find a semi-automatic weapon I'll go with whatever firearm I can find.
PostSat Apr 21, 2007 5:07 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
It does depend what kind of zombies we're talking about....

Resident Evil type zombies, you have to burn to keep dead. Or decapitate I believe.

Half life zombies you'd preferably bludgeon them otherwise they headcrab might come off, and they are almost more dangerous due to speed.

Some you just have to kill.

Some decapitate.

Baseball bat, and as a secondary, lots of incendiary grenades.

You have the bat for easier melee, incendiary for larger groups or to keep them dead.

If fire is unnecessary, I'd think of maybe an ax, for the ability to dismember can come in handy, and again you have unlimited ammo. However, a chain saw may be superior, except for the possibility of running out of fuel... but it would likely last longer and be safer/more effective than the flamethrower....

As for where would I go... somewhere they have lots of wind farms.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSat Apr 21, 2007 11:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
Resident Evil zombies are slow, but the evolved types such as the Hunters would decimate anyone with just a bat or a pistol would even barely take them down. Thus the same goes for FastZombie or the Headcrab carrier. You wouldn't want to get close to them.

Basic slow Zombie anything could take them out, but what if things got a bit tougher?

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
PostSun Apr 22, 2007 2:07 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm tempted to answer Fight Thread style: masamune and dagger. However, for the sake of pseudo-realism, here's my thought process...

Guns are only as good as the amount of ammo you have. Hell, if something gets jammed, you're completely screwed, so I'd prefer weaponry that always works. I envision myself doing a 'Casey Jones' thing, with various blunt weapons strapped to my back. If I can prepare beforehand, I'd have a metal hockey stick ready to go, with room to toss in anything that looks like it could do some damage during the invasion...

As for my second weapon? It'd have to be a blade, and I think most of you already know where I'm going with this. Maneuverability may be hindered with both the melee weapons on my back and a samurai sword around the waist, but seriously, who'd wanna pick a fight against someone decked out like that?
PostSun Apr 22, 2007 11:35 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
I'm tempted to answer Fight Thread style: masamune and dagger. However, for the sake of pseudo-realism, here's my thought process...

Guns are only as good as the amount of ammo you have. Hell, if something gets jammed, you're completely screwed, so I'd prefer weaponry that always works. I envision myself doing a 'Casey Jones' thing, with various blunt weapons strapped to my back. If I can prepare beforehand, I'd have a metal hockey stick ready to go, with room to toss in anything that looks like it could do some damage during the invasion...

You are right about that, but thats exactly why the gun would serve as the secondary weapon instead of a primary. Melee weapons are great for taking down a few zombies, but in the event you face a large group of Zombies you'll need a weapon you can use to take a few out while keeping your distance from them. Of course you wouldn't kill them all using the gun, you'd either take enough of them out to run through them or finish them off with a melee weapon to conserve your ammo.

Quote:
As for my second weapon? It'd have to be a blade, and I think most of you already know where I'm going with this. Maneuverability may be hindered with both the melee weapons on my back and a samurai sword around the waistbut seriously, who'd wanna pick a fight against someone decked out like that?
These are Zombies we are talking about. They aren't really known for their intelligence. :p

Last edited by Chibi_Zero on Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Apr 22, 2007 2:13 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:

As for my second weapon? It'd have to be a blade, and I think most of you already know where I'm going with this. Maneuverability may be hindered with both the melee weapons on my back and a samurai sword around the waist, but seriously, who'd wanna pick a fight against someone decked out like that?

Me, I would just shoot you and take your stuff :p

Now, do you really think you would be able to stomach going toe to toe with creatures that you know want to ... eat you? Maybe after a while nerves of steel would kick in, but to be honest a baseball bat is a little close for comfort. The Metalblade Hockystick would be a very nice choice, but indoors would be hindered greatly. This also brings up another issue, if zombies don't (ignore) pain, how effective would a bladed weapon (such as a sword) be?

Getting into a closed house/building would be increasingly difficult with just a melee selection. (Sure you could axe a door but that can break the axe too)

Primary: Baseballbat (Metalic) 39'inch I can weild with 1 hand rather effectively

Secondary: Spas-12 Shotgun (Shotgun ammo is common not somthing to worry about hopefully)

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
PostMon Apr 23, 2007 12:08 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dreadnot wrote:
Me, I would just shoot you and take your stuff :p

Well, I suppose this setup would leave me mostly defenseless against the human element...

Dreadnot wrote:
Now, do you really think you would be able to stomach going toe to toe with creatures that you know want to ... eat you? Maybe after a while nerves of steel would kick in, but to be honest a baseball bat is a little close for comfort. The Metalblade Hockystick would be a very nice choice, but indoors would be hindered greatly. This also brings up another issue, if zombies don't (ignore) pain, how effective would a bladed weapon (such as a sword) be?

Never doubt the surge of adrenaline when one's life is at stake. The goal isn't so much the "killing" of zombies, but keeping them away from me (and others). The hockey stick provides decent range to keep them off-balance and push them aside, while the sword could conceivably hack off a limb if I really need to slow them down...

Dreadnot wrote:
Getting into a closed house/building would be increasingly difficult with just a melee selection. (Sure you could axe a door but that can break the axe too)

Yea, a closed setting would hinder my abilities, but I'd probably stay on the move anyway, hoping to join up with other survivors (those NOT wanting to shoot me and take my stuff). My role is best suited for working in a party, but I should be able to hold my own for a while if necessary...
PostMon Apr 23, 2007 10:00 am
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
Can a katana slice through bone? I don't recall seeing it on Mailcall or Mythbusters if it could actually cut through all of the bone. As much as I love katanas.. if your sword got stuck in the arm of a zombie while him and his buddies are closing in on you that would kinda suck.

Something along a 2Handed Broadsword would decimate anything in your range but would be a little heavy/cumbersome.

Party Leader: Well guys.. I see a guy looking for a group.
Party Member: Cool who is it?
Party Leader: Some samurai.. He has lots of melee weapons.
Dread: Cool. Lets shoot him and take his stuff!
*You have been kicked from the party*
Dread: Comon guys that was a joke! .. Really let me back in!!
*JJc has joined the party*
JJc: Woot! PT invite!
Party Leader: Ok everyone, where should we go?
Member 1: Mc.Donalds!
Member 2: The mall!
Member 3: Anywhere is fine with me
JJc: The Anime store!
Party Leader: This is why I hate leading parties...

Dread: ... guys its cold out here.. let me in please

I change my Primary Weapon to: Duel Baseball Bats (1 for each hand!) with my shotgun as backup.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
PostMon Apr 23, 2007 12:24 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dreadnot wrote:
Can a katana slice through bone?

I was contemplating this at work yesterday (slow day in the office). Not that we have concrete biological evidence or anything, but my original thought process was since a zombie's body is in a decomposed state, it should be easy to slice through. What I realized yesterday was, since the 'average' zombie can walk, the bone structure must still be somewhat strong to support the upper body. In that sense, unless we're talking about a chainsaw or something, the average blade likely won't work...

Can't really think of another good melee weapon at the moment. How about a metal rake or a shovel?

Oh, and I'm glad you caught the 'party' reference Dread. I thought that sounded better than "working in a group"... =)
PostTue Apr 24, 2007 8:48 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
Dreadnot wrote:
Can a katana slice through bone?

I was contemplating this at work yesterday (slow day in the office). Not that we have concrete biological evidence or anything, but my original thought process was since a zombie's body is in a decomposed state, it should be easy to slice through.
Two words:
Rigor Mortis.

Pack a zanbato if you want a Japanese sword to cut through them. Sadly you'd die trying to draw the damned thing..
PostTue Apr 24, 2007 7:57 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
I prefer to go ranger style. Main weapon, some decently powerful rifle. Secondary, a sturdy fireman's axe. I'm the type who will hole myself up in a room, preferably a balcony with an ammo spawn point, but I'm not that picky. Anything I see, I shoot. If they swarm up at the door, axe to what's left of the face.
PostWed Apr 25, 2007 7:07 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
After some research on bone, JJc- I have found that bone will not decompose at a rate decent enough to use a katana on. Even under the right conditions to break down bone matter it can stay at normal strength for months. If a zombie is even alive for that long, no idea what kind of upkeep the virus would do for the bodies. Now if you were to go for joint shots you would probably have some success. As for slicing straight through bone in single hits.. unless you are a super samurai; you won't have much luck. No idea how many repeated strikes it would take.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
PostFri Jul 20, 2007 2:12 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dreadnot wrote:
After some research on bone, JJc- I have found that bone will not decompose at a rate decent enough to use a katana on. Even under the right conditions to break down bone matter it can stay at normal strength for months. If a zombie is even alive for that long, no idea what kind of upkeep the virus would do for the bodies. Now if you were to go for joint shots you would probably have some success. As for slicing straight through bone in single hits.. unless you are a super samurai; you won't have much luck. No idea how many repeated strikes it would take.

Well, if we're talking about the slow, shuffling zombies, lining up shots at the knees should be easy. Then again, a shot to the joints with any blunt instrument should do the trick regardless...

Actually, as long as they're of the 'slow' variety, wouldn't a sledgehammer be a realistic weapon of choice?

PostSat Jul 21, 2007 9:44 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: