нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - After Ten(look!)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
After Ten(look!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject: After Ten(look!)
I should know better. I've been around here a while. But i must! Here is my bands myspace site, at which you must check us out and give us a listen. After Ten

Leave us comments..or somethin..spread the love. I'm the skinny guy in the pics, with guitar in hand you'll see me.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostThu Apr 14, 2005 1:34 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
i got an error
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Apr 14, 2005 7:39 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Only reason I'm not locking this is because I'm planning on pimping some of my own work soon . . .

Anyway, I'm curious. How long have you guys been playing together? I'm not going to lie and say you guys are awesome, but you're definitely not bad. I was actaully expecting much worse when I clicked the link. Which is good. I mean, I'd rather think something sucks and then go in and be like "Heh, wow, not so much," than the alternative.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Apr 14, 2005 9:26 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
oh it worked that time, and its pretty good
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Apr 14, 2005 12:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
though not my style of music, i can tell by listening that you guys possess a good amount of discipline...in particular, i'm very impressed with your drummer's lines, but your whole band sounds rather good...

but who am i to say anything? me and my friend have jammed for years, and despite writing out riffs to about 15-20 tunes over that time, neither one of us is all that adept at writing lyrics to go with them...more often than not, we'll come up with a line or two of the supposed chorus so we can title the song, then move onto something else...

i've been going back and forth on whether or not to upload some of our garage recordings for the "adoring" public, but perhaps i'll test the waters sometime over the summer...
PostThu Apr 14, 2005 3:40 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Not bad in terms of musicianship. I think if you polished it a bit you'd have a hit on your hands with Sacrifice. When I read the description I was expecting full on Screamo, you surprised me and only used the screams when it benefited the song.
PostThu Apr 14, 2005 9:18 pm
D-boy

Post subject:
good stuff. I'm a screamo fan (sometimes) and you mixed the screaming in at the right time, instead of all the way through the song.
PostFri Apr 15, 2005 2:49 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Sounds like Lostprophets (correct spelling, no space, P isn't capital)? I'm interested.

Listened to Evolution. It's pretty sweet. But the lead vocal somewhat sings too soft. I mean, too soft.
PostFri Apr 15, 2005 8:27 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
wow thanks so much guys! Yeah we usually get some complaints on the vocals, but these are but rough recordings, we just needed to have something out already cause we have some shows coming up. We're planning to re-track several parts over again, and re-edit again. BUt i'm glad to see both positive and honest comments from you guys. Most people who say anything only say what's good, which doesn't help cause it makes us more biased. And about the lostprophets thing i realized that too, because a lot of people would ask,"What kind of bands do you sound like?" and we never knew who to say but it came to one day. That Lostprphets are kind of in the middle, the can go soft or hard, and play with intensity. SO i put that up there.

peace
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 11:22 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:

Anyway, I'm curious. How long have you guys been playing together?

We've been playing since around this time last year, but only covers and stuff like that. We began writing our first song (I'll go) last summer. And began writing seriously at around october. Right now we're working on 3 new songs.
Could be 5 but chances are the 2 songs my other guitarist is writing could very well be very very bad. We've already turned down one of his, if we turn down another on or even two, i think he'll flip. I write most of them.

peace
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 11:30 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Not bad in terms of musicianship. I think if you polished it a bit you'd have a hit on your hands with Sacrifice. When I read the description I was expecting full on Screamo, you surprised me and only used the screams when it benefited the song.

Thanks a lot man, i worked hard on that song. And he screams a lot more at shows, but we kept him in check for the recording.

peace
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 11:37 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
UBER Bump!

We have finished a new demo recording, very polished and high quality recording if I don't say so myself. I'm pretty proud of it so once again give me your best shot! Razz
Two new songs, and a re-make of I'll go but it's very different from the last one.

www.myspace.com/afterten

peace
Hugo
PostSat Aug 27, 2005 7:01 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Great stuff, I can hear so much talent in your playing. Only problem I can find is the singers voice needs to be more up front. He seems to sound off to the side too often. Singer need to lead the song during the melodies even if the pitches aren't as perfect as you like them. Your guitar on Walking and Living is outstanding. For an added oomf I'd try to get even softer at the drum solo starting at 3:05. Get it down to a wisper, maybe even extend it for a prolonged time and then come in with twice the force you had at any part of the song. It's a great ending you just need to explore how far you can take it in terms of intensity. Again with that song the first line of lyrics is a little lame. Besides that the rest of the song is great, first chorus hits hard but you feel a little tricked at 1:05 cause the singer leads into what should be something hard but is instead a lighter guitar solo. The transition at 2:10 is great the song gets fresh again.

I'm getting tired but I'll just say a couple more things. For "I'll Go" the only part I didn't like was the the way the singer emphasized the syllables in the first line. "I hope can hear, the sound of what is hap-en-ing to you" it sounds akin to someone with a speech impendiment, too nasaly. Try and create just a bit more flow between the syllables. More specifically keep the first syllable of "hap" short while adding some vibrato to "en-ing". Also hold the note at 1:10 longer and let it fade, it can add a lot more depth if you can manage to keep it going.

Kay I'm done, only reason I didn't critique the guitar was because it was nearly flawless. Great tone, dynamics and rythem. Keep on keepin on.
PostSun Aug 28, 2005 11:26 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Awesome dude. You spoke about Waking and Living and I'll Go, do you have anything to say about Steady Decline cause i feel that's the best song i've written. ANd we put more time into that one than the others.

peace
Hugo
PostMon Aug 29, 2005 1:26 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I would, if there was really anything that obvious to complain about. You did an awesome job producing that, the quality is far above what I'd expect from a local band. All I can say is again that you should get the singer more up front to lead the song.
PostMon Aug 29, 2005 11:24 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: