нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gaming Discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gaming Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
BladeZero wrote:
Its still Microsoft, there is nothing redeeming about it Confused

what were we saying about blind faith in that other thread? it works the other way around too you know. Blindly saying "THIS PRODUCT SUX!" soley based on the fact you have a pety grudge against the company is as bad as "MACKZ RUL UVIR PCs!!!11!!1 MAKS 4 EVUR!111!!!" (which really is the avg mac enthusiast)

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 1:43 am
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, I really hate Microsoft. I hate Microsoft products. However, that doesn't mean that I hate stuff that utilizes Microsoft products.

I absolutely refuse to patronize the XBox. I despise it, because it (in and of itself) is crappy. However, I still like some games that are on the XBox. I mourn and lament that Microsoft is giving out a lot of money (money NOT made in the gaming industry) to make sure that they can't go anywhere else.

Fortunately, the market isn't accepting as many exclusive contracts now as they did in the days of the PSX. And yes, I do hate the PSX. Money hats should not be the sole method of determining the success of a system!! Evil or Very Mad
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 2:06 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Force-Attuned_Krogoth wrote:
Money hats should not be the sole method of determining the success of a system!! Evil or Very Mad

I'll comment on the rest of your post later, but for now... In the PSX's defense it's competition WAS N64. A mistake if there ever was one on the Big N's part.

PostSun Nov 24, 2002 4:05 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Truth is I am extremly biased due to the sole fact that I do not have 200$ to spend on a console that has no games that I am intrested in. After playing Xbox, even with the new controller, it has yet to impress me.
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 11:10 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
First off, what's wrong with N64?

Second, I haven't heard one good thing about Xbox from any of my friends. It's all PS2 and GC. Even games on all 3 platforms, people that play them on more than one platform never choose the Xbox as the best. Usually because the controls suck. Usually GC wins in the control battle. You'd think Pikmin would be tough since you're commanding 100 little guys at once, but it's NOT. I can't tell you how shocked and amazed I was the first time I played it. The controls were so incredibly simple and easy to use.

And Microsoft has screwed a lot of people. They only went into the gaming biz because it was expected to gain, what, $14 Billion this year? They only want money. The Xbox has no feature that has impressed me. At all. I refuse to give money to Micro$oft for a product they only made in order to take over territory that wasn't theres to take over. Really, like they need any more money, having their OS running on how many machines worldwide?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 11:34 am
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:

It was cartridge based, so it didn't hold as much as the PSX games so the games were generally smaller.

They made it hard to develp for so only the top developers could develop for it, and it turned out they would rather develop for the PSX anyway since it was easy to develop for.

They used very expensive parts like Rambus memory and the custom 64-bit CPU so they weren't making as much money as they could have been.

Overall the developers just decided that making games was easier on the PSX so it didn't cost as much to make. After a while all the third party games were on the PSX and people bought it, so developers continued to make games there.
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 12:02 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Force-Attuned_Krogoth wrote:
I absolutely refuse to patronize the XBox. I despise it, because it (in and of itself) is crappy. However, I still like some games that are on the XBox. I mourn and lament that Microsoft is giving out a lot of money (money NOT made in the gaming industry) to make sure that they can't go anywhere else.

Fortunately, the market isn't accepting as many exclusive contracts now as they did in the days of the PSX.

You wanna talk about buying exclusive contracts? Everybody does it. Sony owns what half of SquareSoft? So no Final Fantasy on other consoles.
Microsoft bought Bungie Studios, so no Halo on other consoles. Microsoft also bought Rare Studios, so the next Perfect Dark game will be on Xbox.
#10: Greed is eternal.
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 8:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Call me biased, but I never liked the N64 based solely on the controller. I mean it had good games, but who has 3 hands to play them?
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 11:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Truth is I am extremly biased due to the sole fact that I do not have 200$ to spend on a console that has no games that I am intrested in. After playing Xbox, even with the new controller, it has yet to impress me.

Ok, first off, X-Box has come out and is coming out with it's A-List material this fall/winter. Mechassault, Splinter Shell, Steel Battalion, and a bunch of others which I dont have time to name (on account I need to leave for school 10 minutes ago). On top of the Top echelon games being released, X-Box is the only console with in-package games. While I haven't played JSRF (I wasn't wowed by the first one though) Sega GT 2002 is pretty damn sweet. I'll go on with this later.

counterparadox wrote:

Second, I haven't heard one good thing about Xbox from any of my friends. It's all PS2 and GC. Even games on all 3 platforms, people that play them on more than one platform never choose the Xbox as the best. Usually because the controls suck. Usually GC wins in the control battle. You'd think Pikmin would be tough since you're commanding 100 little guys at once, but it's NOT. I can't tell you how shocked and amazed I was the first time I played it. The controls were so incredibly simple and easy to use.

And Microsoft has screwed a lot of people. They only went into the gaming biz because it was expected to gain, what, $14 Billion this year? They only want money. The Xbox has no feature that has impressed me. At all. I refuse to give money to Micro$oft for a product they only made in order to take over territory that wasn't theres to take over. Really, like they need any more money, having their OS running on how many machines worldwide?

Now for you. Nintendo made buttloads of mistakes on the N64. It was Cartirage so while it could have held as much as a CD, the cartirage woudl have cost more than the console with no real benifits or neato accessories (unlike steel battalion and it's damn hella awesome constroller). Most gamer websites who review the multi-platform games don't have the same person reviewing all of them. Different people have different standards and so games whicha re the same can get drasticly different scores based on what that single reviewer is using as a comparison.

All companies make this shit for money. You really thing Nintendo or Sony would be making their consoles if they weren't making money? That's highly hypocrytical of you. Besides, MS has been making games for YEARS before they decided to start working on the XBox. MS doesn't have practices that are vastly different form any other competitor in the market. You just don't like the company itself for it's other dealing. As long as they have good intentioned passionate people working to do what they love to do, it doesn't matter what the starting inspiration was. Like I said above, I'll go further into this later.

PostMon Nov 25, 2002 3:22 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
First off, what I really meant about N64 was that it had some really good games (Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda, Smash Bros. . . .)

As for Microsoft. What I said about the controller, I wasn't talking about reviewers. I meant mass opinion. On the Gamefaqs MB (I know, most of them aren't the brightest bulbs on the christmas tree, but it is the mass opinion) out of all of the people who had played Robotech on more than one system, NOT ONE PERSON said that the Xbox controls were the best. Not. One.

Microsoft does the same thing all the time. The horn in on other companies business. It's a matter of principle. Who the hell want's a monopoly? Look, we all pretty much have to use Windows (Seeing as how we can't buy a computer every three months, otherwise I'd probably be using a Mac by now) and look how much it SUX. Thats because we depend on it. We have no real choice. Well, I don't want that to happen to my video games. I like companies working to make better games. Nintendo was lagging behind the past 2 years, and look at their fall lineup. It kicks ASS. It even has unedited BMX XXX unlike PS2. Plus a new Final Fantasy game next year, finally a Metroid sequel, and a new Zelda to boot.'

And Beefy, Rare hasn't been good since Goldeneye (PD was really just a copy . . .) so I'm gald they ditched it.

PostMon Nov 25, 2002 5:04 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
I like companies working to make better games. Nintendo was lagging behind the past 2 years, and look at their fall lineup. It kicks ASS. It even has unedited BMX XXX unlike PS2. Plus a new Final Fantasy game next year, finally a Metroid sequel, and a new Zelda to boot.'

And Beefy, Rare hasn't been good since Goldeneye (PD was really just a copy . . .) so I'm gald they ditched it.

At least GC and Xbox don't need a lame adapter to plug four controllers into them.

One thing I'll give Microsoft credit for: the Xbox is well designed. It has a hard drive, so no wasting $$$ on piles of memory cards. It plays DVD movies (eat it GC). Dolby Digital 5.1 sound (instead of ProLogic II like GC). HDTV support, voice headset, and built in 10/100 network port. I don't see GC being played online.

What more do you need? Games. Xbox has BMX XXX (also unedited), DOAX, Halo, and more that I'm too lazy to list.

As for Microsoft butting into the game console biz: competition makes companies make better products for less $$$.
#202: The justification for profit is profit.
PostMon Nov 25, 2002 7:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
The ignorance in that post . . .

Ok, first off, I've heard tales of Xbox not working STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. Typical Microsoft. Plus, you make it sound as if memory cards cost so much. Hell, Metroid only takes up 2 blocks per file on a 59 block card. And Xbox makes a DEFICIT on the console. They LOOSE money every time one is bought. I think at one time they lost $300 dollars on every single console. Whoopee, it has a hard drive, but they loose money on it. AS for the 10/100 network port, why do you need to buy a network adapter in order to og online? Kinda defeats the purpose. And GC is going online.

The sound coming out of the new GC games rock. Like you don't even know. So don't mess with that.

A DVD player costs $50, which, oh, wait, isn't that the differnece between the two consoles? Wow, so it is. If you haven't noticed yet, I'm not impressed by Xbox's almighty "DVD technology."

GC has CLASSICS like Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Starfox, and Final Fantasy (which is coming out next year) Don't try and make it sound like Xbox has SO MANY MORE AND BETTER GAMES. It really doesn't. Like I said, nothing about Xbox has impressed me yet.

PostMon Nov 25, 2002 7:47 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
The only XBox (exclusive) game that has caught my attention is Halo. And I have honestly been trying to find a reason to get an XBox, but I can't find one. Maybe Rare will make some sweet games, but I'm not depending on one developer to give me good games. Come to think of it, the PS2 isn't really comming out with a lot of good games recently either, except for maybe GTA:VC, but how much better is that compared to GTA:3 on the PC? I'm glad I bought a GameCube and it seems I'll be sticking with it instead of buying multiple consoles.
PostMon Nov 25, 2002 8:00 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
First off, what I really meant about N64 was that it had some really good games (Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda, Smash Bros. . . .)

As for Microsoft. What I said about the controller, I wasn't talking about reviewers. I meant mass opinion. On the Gamefaqs MB (I know, most of them aren't the brightest bulbs on the christmas tree, but it is the mass opinion) out of all of the people who had played Robotech on more than one system, NOT ONE PERSON said that the Xbox controls were the best. Not. One.

Microsoft does the same thing all the time. The horn in on other companies business. It's a matter of principle. Who the hell want's a monopoly? Look, we all pretty much have to use Windows (Seeing as how we can't buy a computer every three months, otherwise I'd probably be using a Mac by now) and look how much it SUX. Thats because we depend on it. We have no real choice. Well, I don't want that to happen to my video games. I like companies working to make better games. Nintendo was lagging behind the past 2 years, and look at their fall lineup. It kicks ASS. It even has unedited BMX XXX unlike PS2. Plus a new Final Fantasy game next year, finally a Metroid sequel, and a new Zelda to boot.'

I didn't say N64 was all around crap. They had some good games, but they were few and few between (especially for the older audience)

Ok, the controller. It's big and poofy (the old one is anyway), especially when compared to the psx/2 controller. This was the exact same problem people had when the first sega genesis controller came out, then after a while they sleeked it down, then after another while they perfected it (the late genesis 6 button and the sega saturn controller are the PINNICLE of what controllers shoould be, minus the analog sticks). For one time and short period users the XB controller is akward and heavy. For those who use it for and longer than a 2 hour marathon of halo will find the controller highly form fitting to their hand and confortable to hold and use. The PSX/2 controller feels lightwight and uncomfortable once your used to the xb controller. The GC controller just feels like a lgihtweight flimsy plastic toy no mater what you're used to (I'm not used to the controls of the gc on account I don't have one and have barely used one, but it looks like the psx and the n64 controller made red hot monkey love and had a baby to me).

As for the "horning in on another companies parade"... that's what competitive business is all about. plain and simple. So your saying Mitsubishi, Yamaha, Daewoo are all horrible horrible companies? They have the same multi-market strategy that MS has, actually they push it much further, you'd know more about these companies if you looked into their asian markets. MS is at least only sticking to computer and gaming stuff just barely touching TV's by striking a deal with RCA.

counterparadox wrote:
The ignorance in that post . . .

Ok, first off, I've heard tales of Xbox not working STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. Typical Microsoft. Plus, you make it sound as if memory cards cost so much. Hell, Metroid only takes up 2 blocks per file on a 59 block card. And Xbox makes a DEFICIT on the console. They LOOSE money every time one is bought. I think at one time they lost $300 dollars on every single console. Whoopee, it has a hard drive, but they loose money on it. AS for the 10/100 network port, why do you need to buy a network adapter in order to og online? Kinda defeats the purpose. And GC is going online.

The sound coming out of the new GC games rock. Like you don't even know. So don't mess with that.

A DVD player costs $50, which, oh, wait, isn't that the differnece between the two consoles? Wow, so it is. If you haven't noticed yet, I'm not impressed by Xbox's almighty "DVD technology."

GC has CLASSICS like Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Starfox, and Final Fantasy (which is coming out next year) Don't try and make it sound like Xbox has SO MANY MORE AND BETTER GAMES. It really doesn't. Like I said, nothing about Xbox has impressed me yet.

Straight out of the box? I've never once in the history of X-Box heard of that being a major problem. All electronic equipment have the potential not to work when you get it home. It's electronics, it's delicate and FRAGILE. I haven't heard a report in a while with numbers, but I have heard of new manufacturing deals and such which I take as "it costs less and less to make this product". I know for a fact that MS was near breaking even ont he Xbox at the old price when they decided to drop the price to 200. You know what that implies? I think you can figure that out. You don't mean a network adapter to go online, you don't need one to go XBox live. Even if you did, really the only way you wouldnt need one is if:
a) they made the 10/100 a 56k modem ala dreamcast
b) they made the whole thing an add-on you would need to purchase seperately ala ps2's online ability.
c) wanted to go only with a friend via internet w/o Live (maybe if you were hackin yo shit).

The DVD playerness of it is quite nice. You don't have one you spend 20 dollars (it is ONLY $20). If you already have one, you don't need to get another one so they don't force the extra cost on you. I already have one and would prefer the large HD int he machine for game add-ons and saves (can GC download add-ons like new characters and levels permenatly [from a disk or online even]? I think not).

Nintendo has been around long enough in the console gaming world to HAVE classics. So you're saying jut because they haven't been in the market for 20 years they suck? The ignorance! New competition in the market is always good for the consumer. ALWAYS. It pushes things to new unknowns to keep and aquire new customers. Xbox has been around for how long now? 2 years? How long did it take for the PSX to get any good? Abuot he same. You don't remember that because you have been to wrapped up in remembering the latest and greatest (of the new consoles and the rememberances of the later years of the old) The early years for all newcomers to a market are harsh and nowhere near their peak. Classics are called classics for a reason, they have withstood the test of time, there isn't sucha thing as a "new classic" it's an oxymoron and doesn't exsist. Everything needs time, the 3DO is a perfect example. That system faded away because it couldn't get/keep ANY exclusive recognizable games/names/faces into the publics mind. This next year will really deturmine the future of MS int he gaming community. They might have announced they will make another ocnsole, but they can just as easily scrap it. I'd rather not see them give up. (one more thing, there is no way MS can make a monopoly int he gamer market, it's far to diverse for it (its an industry nearly as finicky as fast food).

As for this winter line-up. While I do admit GC does have a mighty impressive one, especially when compaired to the past years, lets take a quick look at what GCers have to look forward to (and what has recently been released) by the end of janurary.

Lets see, we've already seen Star Fox (which was done by rare, which ALL of you GCers raved about allt he while dissing Rare) and Metriod. I think that's about for recently released games. I'll include Mario Sunshine too for the hell of it.
November 25, 2002 BMX XXX
November 26, 2002 Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16
November 26, 2002 Reign of Fire
November 26, 2002 Rugrats Royal Ransom
November 26, 2002 Street Hoops
November 30, 2002 Disney's PK
December 3, 2002 Blood Omen 2
December 3, 2002 Evolution Worlds
December 3, 2002 Super Bust-A-Move 2
December 5, 2002 Frogger Beyond
December 5, 2002 Star Wars Bounty Hunter
December 11, 2002 NHL 2K3
December 17, 2002 The Sum of All Fears
December 18, 2002 Disney Sports Football
December 18, 2002 NCAA College Basketball 2K3
December 24, 2002 SpongeBob SquarePants
December 31, 2002 Freaky Flyers
December 31, 2002 Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
December 31, 2002 NBA Ballers
January 3, 2003 Black & Bruised
January 3, 2003 Dr. Muto
January 3, 2003 Haven: Call of the King

January 8, 2003 Resident Evil 2
January 8, 2003 Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
January 13, 2003 Summoner: The Prophecy
January 16, 2003 Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius
January 21, 2003 Army Men: Air Combat 'The Elite Missions'
January 29, 2003 Ghost Recon
January 29, 2003 Skies of Arcadia Legends
January 2003 ATV Quad Power Racing 2
January 2003 Aquaman
January 2003 Dragon's Lair 3D

January 2003 Resident Evil Code: Veronica

I see tons of multiplatform and multiplatform delayed released in that list. Now for XBox (the dates for back a week unlike the GC list):

November 18, 2002 Dragon's Lair 3D
November 18, 2002 James Bond 007: NightFire
November 18, 2002 Splinter Cell

November 19, 2002 Dark Angel
November 19, 2002 Minority Report: Everybody Runs
November 19, 2002 NHL 2K3
November 19, 2002 SeaBlade
November 19, 2002 Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
November 19, 2002 Steel Battalion
November 19, 2002 Total Immersion Racing
November 20, 2002 Fatal Frame

November 21, 2002 MX Superfly
November 22, 2002 Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
November 25, 2002 Legends of Wrestling II
December 3, 2002 Blackstone: Magic and Steel
December 3, 2002 Metal Dungeon
December 3, 2002 Pulse Racer
December 3, 2002 Whiteout
December 10, 2002 Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO

December 10, 2002 Frogger Beyond
December 10, 2002 NCAA College Basketball 2K3
December 10, 2002 Nightcaster 2: Equinox
December 17, 2002 Crimson Sea
December 26, 2002 Lotus Challenge

December 30, 2002 Super Bubble Pop
January 2003 Aquaman
January 2003 Battle Engine Aquila
January 2003 Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
January 2003 Fireblade

January 2003 Freaky Flyers
January 2003 Freedom: The Battle for Liberty Island
January 2003 Fuel

January 2003 Jane's Attack Squadron
January 2003 Moto-X
January 2003 Panzer Dragoon Orta

January 2003 Starsky and Hutch
January 2003 XIII
January 2003 Malice
January 2003 Armada 2: Star Command
January 2003 Batman: Dark Tomorrow

Now when it comes to multiplatform games you obviously buy the game for the favorite system. This is a hard thing to do when the one for your system is yet to be released and won't be for a month or two. PErsonally I see more games I'd want to buy int he XBox list than in the GC list. You may see it differently on account you will choose the multiplatform games for GC and will ignore then on the XBox. I just see more (including MP games) in the XB list. Hell, I'll go back right now and bold the games I want from the above lists.

PostMon Nov 25, 2002 11:15 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
For all the talk of Xbox Live, no one was sure gamers were actually ready (or even eager) for the online revolution. After a week on the market, it's safe to say gamers are indeed interested in playing online. In it's first week of release, 150,000 Xbox Live Starter kits were sold according to Microsoft. This easily surpasses Microsoft expectations of 100,000 subscribers by the end of the year. For those who missed the Live train, more Starter Kits are already on retail shelves with enough in production to keep stores supplied throughout the holiday season.

Though sales numbers for the other Live-enabled games have not been released, sales for NFL Fever 2003 increased 120% the week of Xbox Live's launch. Xbox hardware sales saw an increase of 18% from the previous week. It's still far too earlier to see if Xbox Live will be able to help bridge the wide gap between Sony's PS2 and Microsoft's Xbox, but early indications show gamers are more willing to buy Xbox thanks to its high-speed online service.

"It's been amazing to talk to and play with and against so many players all over the United States and Canada, and this is just the beginning of the online revolution that will fundamentally change video games and digital entertainment forever," said J Allard, General Manager of Xbox. "More people played Xbox Live in its first week than attended the last two Super Bowls, and have played more games in one week than in the entire history of the National Football League, National Basketball Associations, National Hockey League, and Major League Baseball combined." There was no mention of whether more people had played Live than cricket and rounders combined, but we'll get our statisticians on it right away and let you know as soon as possible.

As if 150,000 subscribers in its initial week weren't enough to impress, here are some mind-numbing stats provided by our friends at Microsoft:

More than five million games have already been played on Xbox Live

Approximately 500 games per minutes are played on Live every day

Over 1 million hours of gameplay from all users combined (more than 114 years worth of gameplay)

More games played than in the history of the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB combined

Nearly as many games as rounders and cricket combined

The launch of Xbox Live is only the first step in Microsoft's planned online revolution. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Xbox in Europe, Live will launch in eight European countries March 14, 2003. And Xbox Live is set to launch in Japan January 16, 2003.

PostMon Nov 25, 2002 11:17 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 6 of 57

Jump to: