нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Hey Tyler, when do we get...
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Hey Tyler, when do we get...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Hey Tyler, when do we get...
files compatible with these damn things? Wink
PostWed Oct 12, 2005 5:50 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
My 20 GB 3G iPod is so antiquated...

Why can't Sony come up with something this awesome? I may have to stick with Apple for my music needs...
PostWed Oct 12, 2005 6:11 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Wait a week, and there'll be a program out there to do it all for you for free.

Also, the PSP video converters should work for TDA files as-is.

I was thinking about how I'd want to distribute iPodable videos.
Should I do 480x480 MPEG-4 Simple Profile for best quality?
Should I do 320x240 H.264 Baseline 'cause that's H.264? (It's also PSP 2.0 compatible...)

Hell, if I REALLY wanted to be crazy, I could write an insecure cgi webscript that would convert the file of your choice into a compatible format serverside, then download it for you.
It'd bring the webserver grinding to a halt if more than one person decided to use it though...

Are you people planning on getting these iPods? I'll see how things go in the next few weeks.
I could probably make a section of PSP/iPodable videos by request.
PostWed Oct 12, 2005 8:22 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
The 2 minute long Gundam Wing promo MUST be converted ASAP. I probably won't be getting a new iPod until mine dies (despite how utterly utterly HOTT these new ones are . . . ) but the instant I do I'm putting the GW Promo on it. I actually have that promo on my desktop and play it whenever I need a pick me up. The dialogue is kinda childish but I still get chills towards the end of the promo . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Oct 12, 2005 8:55 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
The only content I'd see for TDA2Go(â„¢) would be popular show intros and Toonami TIE stuff.
And Superman. Public Domain is cool.

...in fact, Superman shorts are already compatible with iPod video Smile
PostWed Oct 12, 2005 9:09 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
TylerL wrote:

Hell, if I REALLY wanted to be crazy, I could write an insecure cgi webscript that would convert the file of your choice into a compatible format serverside, then download it for you.
It'd bring the webserver grinding to a halt if more than one person decided to use it though...

You could get them to play nice
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Oct 12, 2005 10:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
People would end up waiting well over 10 minutes for a single anime intro clip...then those in line after would have to wait even more.

I think I'll just convert/upload stuff myself...or wait for the magical free programs to come out in a week.
PostThu Oct 13, 2005 6:40 am
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
iPod video would be perfect for my secret project.

I just need to finish it... if I ever start it.

Added later: wtf is a QVGA display? How many colors can it handle?
PostThu Oct 13, 2005 10:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
qvga is quarter vga, 320x240 or something like that

popular on a lot of Palm pilots
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostFri Oct 14, 2005 2:40 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
The iPod video is probably a 24bit screen, but many Palm LCDs (and the older iPod photos) has 16bit screens instead.

EDIT: Lies! 16bit lives!
Quote:
2.5 inch (diagonal) QVGA transflective, over 65,000-color liquid crystal display with white LED backlight

PostFri Oct 14, 2005 8:17 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Vote in the poll.
http://www.toonamiinfolink.com/modules.php?name=Surveys&pollID=26
PostFri Oct 14, 2005 8:23 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Poll results notwithstanding, you can still get downloadable anime samples courtesy of Central Park Media:

Quote:
Central Park Media offers anime for video iPod
By Peter Cohen pcohen@maccentral.com

Fans of Japanese animation — anime — may be interested to learn that Central Park Media (CPM) is now offering content customized for Apple’s new video-capable iPod. The company is offering the first episode of the series Votoms, as well as trailers for other content, for download from its Web site.

In addition to the first episode of Votoms — a classic Mecha series that’s soon to be released on DVD — CPM has also released trailers for Kakurenbo and Hammerboy. The company said that it will make more full episodes and trailers available for other CPM-licensed content, including Descendants of Darkness, Revolutionary Girl Utena and Shadow Star Narutaru.

The content isn’t encrypted, and can be viewed using Apple’s QuickTime viewer. The Votoms episode measures 86MB; the two trailers measure 4 and 5.8MB respectively.

CPM stated plans to release programming through the iTunes Music Store “once negotiations are completed,� but offered no schedule for when that would happen.

In addition to DVDs and QuickTime, CPM also offers anime content on UMD format for the Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) and also electronically publishes manga (Japanese comic books and graphic novels) and manwha (the Korean equivalent).

PostMon Oct 24, 2005 12:37 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
If you're running Mac OS X Tiger, try this little gem out:
http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/misc/lf/iSquint_beta.app.zip

I made it with my bare hands.
PostMon Oct 24, 2005 3:47 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Since I don't have Tiger, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess...

Dashboard widget?

:later: no, better yet, an Automator script to convert movies to iPod-size.
PostMon Oct 24, 2005 5:34 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Automator is for pansies.

PostMon Oct 24, 2005 7:13 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: