нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gaming Discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gaming Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knight_Hawk

Post subject:
Ally myself to Microsoft? Nah. Your wasting your money on something that wont last. Japanese gamers dont give a rats ass about xbox, thats why Microsoft is burning millions of dollors adverising in japan, heck they opened up a couple of Xbox cafes. This is just like dreamcast, japan didnt care much about it but the US did. Il wait tell Xbox lowers its prices some more like $50. Even then il use it as a door stop Razz.
PostFri Nov 22, 2002 8:09 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
We be getting off topic here. The reason I posted about Metroid Fusion/Prime in here instead of making a new thread was that I didn't wanna get chewed out. Now, comeon people, I want some feed back about this game.
PostFri Nov 22, 2002 9:19 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
(my attempt to bring up a conversation)

...something i've noticed as we approach december is the huge number of television ads for video games...now i only watch about 3-4 hours of tv a day (parts of toonami, adult swim, the simpsons, sportscenter, and wrestling is about it), so i've probably missed out on even more...

...i happen to think it's pretty cool, as a lot of the ads i've seen are very humorous and creative...any comments from you gamers about this?
PostFri Nov 22, 2002 3:09 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
tv ads have been a staple in marketing for videogames for a long time. I bet mopst of you don['t remember the psx and saturn ads competeing years back. I believe those were the first two systems to have heavy commercial air time. I['m also glad to see them on. It['s been a while since we['ve seen tv console wars (probably almost a year Razz).

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Nov 22, 2002 11:43 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nintendo has announced profits this year will be drastically lower than expected. Nintendo attributes the 44.8 percent net profit loss mostly to a changing yen.

The high yen is one of the main reasons Nintendo dropped from Japan’s number one software producer to number two, as foreign assets resulted in a 29 billion yen ($236.4 million) loss for the company. This was cushioned somewhat by the sale of Rare Ltd., which went to Microsoft for 19 billion yen.

It is expected that Konami, which is now the number one software producer in Japan in profitability, will be posting a strong interim earnings later this month due to brisk sales in soccer and card game series.

Recent reports from many sites indicate that Xbox owners with a modded system will not be able to play online on the Xbox Live network.

Not only will you be blocked from connecting, but if you try to connect to the service with a modded Xbox, your Xbox’s ID number will be banned permanently. According to first-hand accounts, even if the chip is removed after the fact, the machine will still be banned.

There are no current solutions for those who have a modded Xbox, other than mod chip removal. But this is certainly not the last victory in the constant chippers vs. manufacturer struggle, which saw Microsoft go after mod-chip retailer Lik Sang last month and force them to stop selling the chips.

In a recent press conference, Tetsu Kayama, Sega Japan’s COO, talked about Sega’s recent financial woes and some potential remedies.

One of the major topics was the performance of Sega Sports, which failed to come close to expectations. NFL 2K3 was only able to sell around 400,000 copies of the 1 million first shipped, with NBA 2K3 selling between 500,000 and 600,000 copies. These numbers helped lead to a 6 billion yen loss for the sports division and a 1 billion yen loss overall for the company.

Sega’s gameplan for next year is to produce fewer titles and again break even. To do this, Sega is considering dropping their NCAA football title and sticking to the four major sports leagues instead. They may also remove all Sega Sports games from the Gamecube, citing poor sales and high costs. Some of the company's most popular series may also begin to hit all platforms, namely Virtua Fighter and Sonic.

Official announcements are expected from Sega later next month.

PostFri Nov 22, 2002 11:49 pm
AnimeArtist4

Post subject:
Ok, new news, (Kinda). it is a GBA GCN link up (Not the cable) You get this accessory, and attach it to the bottom of the GCN, and you put in any GBA, GB color, or GB game in it, and you can play the games on the big screen , with a GCN controller, and you don't have to own a GBA! (or GB)
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 9:58 am
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Got Unreal Tournament 2003 for the PC. It's on 3 CDs! Why can't they put it all on one DVD-ROM?

Game manufacturers: "Not enough people own DVD-ROM drives to warrant making games on DVD-ROM cost effective."

PC gamers: "There aren't enough games available on DVD-ROM to warrant getting a DVD-ROM drive."

*sigh* It's a vicious cycle. The only DVD-ROMs I have are Riven and some encyclopedia.
#19: Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 1:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
AnimeArtist4 wrote:
Ok, new news, (Kinda). it is a GBA GCN link up (Not the cable) You get this accessory, and attach it to the bottom of the GCN, and you put in any GBA, GB color, or GB game in it, and you can play the games on the big screen , with a GCN controller, and you don't have to own a GBA! (or GB)

Yes, yes, yes! mE WANT!

One question, though: how much? If it costs more than about $40, I don't see much of a point in buying it. It would be particularly ironic if it costs more than the GBA.
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 2:35 pm
Knight_Hawk

Post subject:
Knight_Hawk wrote:
Nintendo has officially announced a Gameboy player for GameCube. It's coming out in Japan in March, and a US release is scheduled for May.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/377/377794p1.html
For all you ppl that are bitching for a backlit :p

Lazy mofos look back in the thread.
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 5:06 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Has anyone played Steel Battalion for the Xbox? Normally, I don't care for XBox games, but after trying it out at the mall with the huge controller, I have one thing to say- DAMN!

$200 for one game is a bit out of my price range though.

And I picked up Metroid Fusion for the GBA. Now I won't be bored when I go to Ohio to see Xavier College!!!
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 5:09 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Quote:
One question, though: how much?

No official North American price yet.
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 5:13 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
Has anyone played Steel Battalion for the Xbox? Normally, I don't care for XBox games, but after trying it out at the mall with the huge controller, I have one thing to say- DAMN!

$200 for one game is a bit out of my price range though.

That['s why you trade in your GC and/or PS2 games for it.

PostSat Nov 23, 2002 6:19 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
But Micro$oft is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil with a capitol 'P'.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Nov 23, 2002 6:48 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Evil can still make good. XBox and it's games are proof that MS still has a hope for redemption.

PostSun Nov 24, 2002 12:55 am
BladeZero

Post subject:
Its still Microsoft, there is nothing redeeming about it Confused
PostSun Nov 24, 2002 1:24 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 5 of 57

Jump to: