нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News II
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Warner Bros. to Sell Movies and TV Shows on Internet
By JULIE BOSMAN and TOM ZELLER Jr., NY Times

Warner Brothers plans to announce today that it will make hundreds of movies and television shows available for purchase over the Internet using BitTorrent software, which is widely used to download movies and other copyrighted material illegally.

The agreement between Warner Brothers and BitTorrent is an unusual deal between a major Hollywood studio and a company whose file-sharing technology has raised the ire of the movie industry.

For its part, Warner Brothers says it is trying to stem the piracy of movies on the Internet by offering consumers an easy and fast way to download movies legally.

"We've been struggling with peer-to-peer technology and trying to figure out a way to harness the good in all that the technology allows us to do," said Kevin Tsujihara, the president of Warner Brothers Home Entertainment Group.

"If we can convert 5, 10 or 15 percent of the illegal downloaders into consumers of our product, that is significant."

A spokeswoman for Warner Brothers declined to disclose terms of the deal.

The service will begin sometime this summer, with prices beginning at about $1 for some television programs and increasing to about the price of a DVD or video rental for full-length movies.

The initial offerings will include movies like "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," "Rumor Has It" and "Natural Born Killers." The television shows will include older fare like "The Dukes of Hazzard" and "Babylon 5."

To use the service, consumers will visit www.bittorrent.com, download the software and then browse the selections on the Web site. They will be prevented from copying and distributing files they purchase through two mechanisms: one that requires them to enter a password before watching a file, and another that allows the file to be viewed only on the computer to which it was downloaded.

Online piracy has become increasingly vexing for Hollywood studio executives as faster Internet connections have made it easier to copy large movie files. A study commissioned by the Motion Picture Association of America concluded that piracy cost the studios about $2.3 billion in revenue in 2005.

BitTorrent, which is widely used by college students and other tech-savvy people, has legitimate uses, offering a way for creators of video documentaries or of open-source software to share their work easily and cheaply. But it is best known as a tool for illegal downloading.

For example, at any given moment in the week ended May 2, an average of 47,069 people were in the process of downloading the movie "The Chronicles of Narnia" using BitTorrent, according to BigChampagne Media Measurement, an online market research firm in Beverly Hills, Calif. "Scary Movie 4," which hit theaters just last month, was being downloaded by an average of 37,287 people in that week.

"There's a significant amount of peer-to-peer usage, which takes place because not many online options exist," said Ashwin Navin, president and co-founder of BitTorrent.

Bram Cohen, the 30-year-old founder and chief executive of BitTorrent, first created the technology in 2001 as a way of addressing two of the biggest problems with file sharing: slow downloads and selfishness.

The BitTorrent software overcame both problems by slicing digital media into pieces. With BitTorrent, once users have successfully acquired any one piece of the song, movie, game or other media they are grabbing, they also begin feeding that piece to other BitTorrent users seeking the same file — whether they like it or not — even if their own copy is not fully downloaded.

Mr. Cohen turned his software into a company in 2004 and has been seeking deals like the one with Warner Brothers. Last November the company announced an agreement with the M.P.A.A. under which it pledged to make it harder for users to find illegitimate downloads through its search engine.

Warner Brothers, a unit of Time Warner, chose BitTorrent because its technology is "elegantly and efficiently designed for the delivery of large files like TV programs and films," Mr. Tsujihara said.

As a side benefit, the arrangement allows the studio to share the burden of distributing its movies with the people who are watching them, saving money on Internet bandwidth.

A Warner Brothers agreement with BitTorrent offers further evidence that even if illegal downloads of movies are not going away, the studios are trying to get ahead of the many millions of people who have not yet tried the piracy route.

Last month, six major Hollywood studios introduced Movielink, an Internet service that allows buying and downloading movies from a central server. Another Web site, CinemaNow, sells downloadable movies from Lions Gate, Sony and MGM.

Eric Garland, the chief executive of BigChampagne, said Hollywood was trying to get ahead of consumer demand in a way that the music industry, which battled Napster for years, did not.

"Hollywood could find itself in the position that the music industry is in," Mr. Garland said. "It's much easier to win an online marketplace than to win back an online marketplace that's lost."
PostTue May 09, 2006 4:55 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
The new Hell Cycle for the upcoming Ghost Rider movie.

See it in action on Feb. 16th.

:add: And Robot Chicken's taking a swipe at it already. Smile
PostFri May 26, 2006 7:48 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
It's official: Dimension Films has announced that Rob Zombie will, indeed, write and direct a remake of Halloween. While it's not being billed as a "remake," it's essentially Rob Zombie's "reimagining" (...Uh huh. Whatever.) of the Halloween legacy. Sez Dimension, "Zombie's vision of this film is an entirely new take on the legend and will satisfy fans of the classic Halloween legacy while beginning a new chapter in the Michael Myers saga." What that exactly is remains unclear but they were quick to point out that Zombie's film "will not be a copycat of any prior films." In addition to writing and directing, Zombie will co-produce as well as serve as musical supervisor. Zombie official comment on the project was: "I have been a huge, huge fan of John Carpenter's original film since its release. So when Bob Weinstein approached me about this, I jumped at the chance to join forces with Dimension Films on this amazing project."

Source: JoBlo
PostTue Jun 06, 2006 12:36 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Imagi prepares Gatchaman movie
anounced on 2006-06-08 16:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 8, 2006 – Imagi Animation Studios, in association with Tatsunoko Production of Japan, will produce a new CG-animated feature-length motion picture for theatrical release based on the long-running anime franchise Gatchaman. The new film will be written and directed by Kevin Munroe, who is currently writing and directing Imagi’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CG-animation that is being distributed by Warner Bros. in the U.S. and The Weinstein Company internationally. The announcement was made today by Francis Kao, CEO and Vice Chairman of Imagi International.

“We will push the wow factor to a new level with Gatchaman, a groundbreaking anime that has devoted fans worldwide, including myself,” Kao said. “With the visual impact available through state-of-the-art CG animation, I think the film not only can satisfy fans, but will also appeal to moviegoers looking for something new and exciting. I am thrilled to work on this excellent franchise with Tatsunoko.”

Gatchaman centers around five young superhero ninjas who must defeat the nefarious terrorists known as Galactor, who are threatening to capture Earth’s resources. With 205 TV episodes, one feature film, and three direct-to-video films, Gatchaman has over 30 years of history. In addition to its success in Japan, the series has fans in the U.S. from various domestic re-edited versions of the show, including “Battle of the Planets,” “G-Force,” and “Eagle Riders.”

“Growing up as a kid, Gatchaman was the first influence that pushed me into the world of animation, comics and writing,” Munroe said. “I'm honored to get the chance to bring Gatchaman to the big screen the way it was always meant to be - huge action mixed with the real human drama. Gatchaman is a great next step after TMNT, in terms of storytelling and visual scope and also for Imagi as a player in the animation world.”
PostThu Jun 08, 2006 6:09 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Prepare for the Rise of the Machines...
PostFri Jun 09, 2006 7:02 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
There site needs to be updated to say

1 YEAR 25d ect
PostSat Jun 10, 2006 8:30 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
That's what I thought at first, too.

But it may be counting down to the official website opening, when they put up stuff to look at.
PostSat Jun 10, 2006 10:36 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spider-Man 3 is trailer-iffic! Very Happy
PostTue Jun 27, 2006 6:34 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Good trailer for a movie so far out until release. But the sequence with the bell and the black suit might be the end of the movie. Plus it definatly means we are going to see Venom make an appearance.

My geek boy is going nuts looking over that trailer. Love what they did with Sandman to.
PostWed Jun 28, 2006 3:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Dreamworks has bought the rights to an odd romantic comedy titled Valentine's Day.

The film, from filmmaker Don Handfield, follows a troubled couple forced to relive Valentine's Day over and over again until they get it right.

The premise sounds eerily similar to that of Groundhog Day.

Source: Cinescape
PostWed Jun 28, 2006 5:56 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Prepare for the Rise of the Machines...

Check the site again. They have a teaser now!
PostFri Jun 30, 2006 5:22 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Seen it.

Not impressed.
PostFri Jun 30, 2006 7:45 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
How are you not impressed? Its just a teaser. And it does exactly what its supposed to. With a 2 second tease.

My wife didnt know it was live action. So she was actually surprised watching it. Plus I like how they took the two failed Mars Landers and used them as props for the movie.

Your just a Micheal Bay hater. I mean look at his list of art! The Island, Armageddon and Pearl Habor were works of Shakespearian level. They were worthy of Oscars and praise from us all!

Well if it makes us all feel better Spielberg is a huge Transformers fan and is a big part of the movie (of course he had a hand in ep 1 - 3 of Star Wars as well)
PostFri Jun 30, 2006 9:50 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
How about some behind-the-scenes location footage courtesy of the USAF? Wink
PostThu Jul 13, 2006 1:45 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Use as a recruiting tool? Either that means I'm supposed to head to my local recruiting office and declare "I'm here to fight the decepticons!" or we can hope to see an Air Force take on "America's Army" with it being a giant mecha game!
PostThu Jul 13, 2006 7:07 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 12 of 18

Jump to: