нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - RK is moving back to tooami! yeppie!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
RK is moving back to tooami! yeppie!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sketch wrote:
Most shonen heroes are voiced by women in Japan including Kenshin. Shoot... Goku always had the same voice actress and she never even bulked up the tone when he became an adult.

Well we in america like to fix problems like that. If you can tell me the actual reason behind the choice of VA's over there I might take that back.
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 12:57 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
whats the problem with a women doing a voice for a male character?
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 8:54 am
yusuke_fan

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
whats the problem with a women doing a voice for a male character?
well i like ash's voice actress because she actually fooled me for a while i had no idea that his voice was a he until like a year or two ago when i read something in a mag. and she still amases me lol
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 11:26 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually in many dubs, female VA's are used for children both male and female. Now If you really want confusing....

Highlight to read for spoiler purposes
Tsukasa from .hack//sign is a male character in game, but is played by a female character in real life, but the dub VA is Brianne Siddall....a woman.

Oh, great have we just turned this topic into a gender issue or what?
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 12:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
children are much different than adult males. essentially once a character hits an age where puberty should have set in the females voice no longer is appropriate, she just doesn't have the vocal regester, timber and tone to match a mans for an adult male character (ex. Goku).

At the prepubesant, children of both sexes have a pitch that most men lose the ability to reach after puberty.
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 1:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yusuke_fan

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
Actually in many dubs, female VA's are used for children both male and female. Now If you really want confusing....

Highlight to read for spoiler purposes
Tsukasa from .hack//sign is a male character in game, but is played by a female character in real life, but the dub VA is Brianne Siddall....a woman.

Oh, great have we just turned this topic into a gender issue or what?

no it was a gender issue way before that post lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~
anyway lets get back on topic shal we? besides this thing is just takeing space up in my in box
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so is there going to be New epsoads of RK or are tehey going to be reruns?
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 1:57 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Reruns, starting over with Episode 1.
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 3:49 pm
yusuke_fan

Post subject:
Thanks for the information Nobuyuki-san. are there such things as new epsoads of RK in the us?
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 5:16 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
yusuke_fan wrote:

i actually sugested it at the first voting anime club and they said " nothing that is on Tooanmi or anything dubd" and i am like >< i love dubd have a problem with that?!

This rule, held by many anime clubs has a very good reason for existing. Anything that has aired on television (sometimes just Cartoon Network, depending on the anime club), or will air in the forseeable is not just maistream, but can be seen outside of the club more easily. The same holds for dubs. (Chances are if something's dubbed, it's more widespread, and a larger number of people have seen it.) So this rule essentially encourages membership by showing something that fewer anime fans are likely to have seen.
Well, that and there are too many 'purists' that attend anime clubs, that wouldn't stay if it was dubbed. I thought it quite funny when that one guy at Rolla got all pissy because we were watching the dub to Vampire Hunder D: Bloodlust.
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 9:33 pm
yusuke_fan

Post subject: why?
why havent i seen any comorshiles for kenshin yet is it comeing back this month or is it comeing back a year from now?
PostTue Oct 12, 2004 8:53 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
comorshiles.... commercials?

and as far as I can tell seed is still on. I don't remember when the switch was suposed to take place. Wait, isn't it suposed to be at the end of the month?

If that's the case we may not see anything until the week of the change if at all.
PostTue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
I thought it quite funny when that one guy at Rolla got all pissy because we were watching the dub to Vampire Hunder D: Bloodlust.

hah, I do hope someone explained why it was dubbed(if you want too call it that)...
PostWed Oct 13, 2004 10:54 am
yusuke_fan

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
Quote:
I thought it quite funny when that one guy at Rolla got all pissy because we were watching the dub to Vampire Hunder D: Bloodlust.

hah, I do hope someone explained why it was dubbed(if you want too call it that)...

backa! dubd the dubd RK verson is the best! Twisted Evil huah? what happend? *rubs the back of her head*

hah sorry about that ^_^ um i think my inner demon was takeing me over um yah waht was i going to say again oh man i heat it when it takes me over like that cause i don't rember a thing after words!

anyway i thought it is comeing back a week form now but i am cunfused cause i didn't see any comertials for with in the three weeks i read about it. can soemone help me get um uncunfused please?
PostWed Oct 13, 2004 12:39 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
he was talking about Vampire Hunter D and as I said, expect commercials the week of the change or not at all.
PostWed Oct 13, 2004 12:57 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Could you at least try and make some sense when you post yusuke_fan...
PostWed Oct 13, 2004 2:27 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: