нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - The Mighty Snow Penis and you.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
The Mighty Snow Penis and you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject: The Mighty Snow Penis and you.
Go read the article about the mighty 9 foot tall snow penis.

Read it? Ok good, I'm curious about what you all think of what happened. Especially you of the non penile equiped variety.

My opinion is that the guy Skel, was pretty much right all around. IT was just a joke, it was a snow penis, how could you not find humor in that? Sure it's infantile and mature humor, but still humor. Keel on the otherhand I thought took it a bit overboard until she said she was a rape victum, after that I can see her being a tad bit offended from the 9 foot tall snow phallace.

Quote:
Women’s Studies Lecturer Diane L. Rosenfeld, who teaches Women, Violence and the Law this semester, said that the implications of the snow phallus go beyond the legitimacy of the statue’s presence.

“The ice sculpture was erected in a public space, one that should be free from menacing reminders of women’s sexual vulnerability,” Rosenfeld wrote in an e-mail yesterday.

She said the snow penis follows a long line of public phallic symbols, including the Washington Monument and missiles.

“Women do not need to be reminded of the power of the symbol of the male genitalia,” Rosenfeld said. “My guess is that they are constantly reminded of it in daily messages.”

missiles? holy jeez, as if the reator of the missile was looking as his schlong one day and said "hey! if I put an engine at the bottom of this thing it'll fly reaal good. Hey, lets make the tip explosive! It'll be a giant unstoppable flying exploding penis! SWEET!" yeah, no I don't think so. Aparently she doesn't understand aerodynamics very well. I don't know about you, but I don't think I'd have my penis in mind when I invent an incediary device. Fire + Penis = Bad. Besides, I wouldn't think a flying vagina would be very aerodynamic, but I could be wrong. Anywho I would go on more about this but I won't, at least not yet, I want to hear your take.

PArt II to involve discussing why the hell the washington monument is such a horrible reminder to women that george washington was a man.

By the way, I do want this topic to stay semi-professionalish. No calling anyone a bitch or stuff, you can go on tangents as long as they relate to the article in some way (like my missile rant above).

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 5:20 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
This was a prank. It's more demeaning to guys, in general (and for different reasons), than girls.

These girls are a bit overboard and probably so "dedicated" to the feminist movement that they're actively looking for instances where they might be offended (in the subconcious) to gain publicity for their cause. And they're complaining that they were yelled at for trying to destroy what the guys made? That's up there with the robber who sued a homeowner because her roof could not support the robber's weight and the robber broke a leg in the fall.

And besides, it's a SNOW PENIS, not a statue of a woman being crushed by a man's giant package. Better to let it melt on it's own and show how it's a metaphor for male behavior than tear it down and gain more infamy for feminism. Personally, I would have built giant female genetalia out of snow just to show how large the penis would really be in proportion. Guaranteed victory while playing their own game.
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 10:15 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
How dumb. You'd think smart people going to Harvard would know that missles are shaped like that because of aerodynamics. That proves she was just looking for something that might offend her as you said st.
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 10:38 pm
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject:
For shame, a sexism debate over a snow penis? What, people ain't got anything better to do then pick at things to complain and fluster about these days? This reminds me of a man who put a Christmas decoration of two reindeers mating in his front lawn, then having the whole neighborhood complain that it was a lude act by his part . For one, those guys who fabricated all this didn't mean anything malicious to the women. I mean it was a joke, but whatever if it was in front of my campus lawn the girls here would probably take pictures and laugh about it instead of making a big uproar about a SNOW PENIS...ha!
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 1:35 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: