нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Official Naruto Talkback
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Official Naruto Talkback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
rizwan787 wrote:
Oh, and Kyle, no one was talking to you, so you can go back to fucking your dad. I am so sick of people ragging on me because I don't think what they think and they can't except that. Just stop talking about it or it's never gonna end.
Incest. Nice to know where your mind is.

Hell I never said I didn't agree with you, I said you're a fucktard because even though you capitalize AND punctuate (which I would normally applaud) your ability to debate is nonexistant.

I'll say this once, learn to play nice on this board because it may be full of assholes (and it is... me, Slim, CP, etc) but we're not at each other's throats. For you to pick at CP like a scab could concern me less but you threadjacked this with your opinions (which can never be wrong according to you) and they were all extremely baseless and asinine. Hence, I posted a shoutout to you when I came to post in here.

I shouldn't have, because I've no reason/inclination to get tied up in a fight that CP was winning no contest, but I did.

So fucking deal this this: You act like a moron, people will call you a moron, whether you're talking to them or not.

You might not be a moron but we wouldn't know because you're acting like a damned moron. Stop.
PostWed Oct 04, 2006 6:57 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:

You know what they say don't you?

Why go across the street when you can go across the hall?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Oct 05, 2006 12:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dont let sleeping dogs lie?
PostThu Oct 05, 2006 2:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
JKyle wrote:

You know what they say don't you?

Why go across the street when you can go across the hall?

Why did the chicken cross the hall?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Oct 05, 2006 3:23 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
it was tired of being molested by the farmer?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostFri Oct 06, 2006 8:28 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
Anyone know who the third Sanin is? I know Orocimaru and Jaraia are two, but what about he last one? And I worder what's so great abou Jaraia. All I've seen him do is the 5-prong-Seal release so he must be powerful, what could he have done to become a Sanin? I'm sure they'll devulge that within 6 seasons, but I want to know now.

Thanks for the cpompliment and wise words, Slim.
PostFri Oct 06, 2006 11:14 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've seen through episode 138. As of yet, they haven't said HOW the Sannin became so revered. They do, however, reveal the 3rd. There's a whole story arc around the mid 80's to the end of hte 90's revolving around the 3rd, and the three, Sannin.

Also, Jiraiya IS awesome. Somewhere around episode . . . 82ish, you don't really see him display his skill, but you ARE given an indication of his skill level.

So yeah, just be patient, I guess.

PostFri Oct 06, 2006 11:23 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
"You retard, you had "irony" instead of sarcasm when you first put up this post! I forgot to call you out on it until now. And you call me a fucktard? You know what, whatever. I don't want to start some gay argument with you like i did with counterparadox. Whatever, sorry. PM me if you want to reply in regard to this."

Irony and sarcasm both work, but I liked sarcasm better. Don't try to PM flamewar me boy, take your lickings in public or learn some tact.
PostSun Oct 08, 2006 11:54 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
<.<

>.>

... 'Kay ...
PostMon Oct 09, 2006 12:13 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm going to sort through this thread tomorrow. But I'm up to episode 33 now. And I have to say what a change the series took.

I really think the battle sequences are better, although shorter, then Dragonball Z's. But the story line has gotten darker in a lot of way's. From the first few episodes I really thought the series would be a lot more lighthearted. Which it does as well.

But again I am a narutard. And thanks to fansubs I'm catching up on the series.

But, I know i say this alot, the episodes are to short. Besides the opening and closing credits. The beginning couple minutes are for reminding you about the last episode. And then during the episodes you get lots of reused segments. Its the reason Im burning through the series. Theres really only maybe 15 minutes new material an episode
PostTue Oct 10, 2006 5:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
They flashback to things you've seen before, and to characters' history ALL the TIME.

On the one hand, it's annoying. On the other, it's why the series is so gripping. It A) Provides suspense (albeit artificial) and B) Makes you care about the minor characters, despite your best efforts not to give a shit.

Also, over the course of what I've seen so far (138 episodes) they mature the characters well. Granted, what GFPaperboy said is true: every character becomes a god by episode 120. If you can get past that, though, the decisions the characters make outside of battle, and the strategies they use inside battle, show a deffinite maturation. It's actaully rather well done. And there is a remarkably higher amount of plot than I thought there would be. It kinda slacks off for a while between the 130's and the 180's, from what I've heard and read, but up until then, a LOT of stuff happens and a LOT of characters not only become known, but also evolve.

Naruto remains one of the few things that can surprise me. Every few fights, I'm given something that I just did not see coming. Notably, there's one episode in the 90's where Naruto gets REALLY ballsy, and is rewarded for it.

Also, as much as both Rock Lee and Gai-Sensei rock socks, and as powerful as Sasuke and Naruto become, Shikamaru for the win.

SRSLY.

F.

T.

W.

Mostly for him constantly saying "How Troublesome" (Or, in America, "What a drag.")

PostTue Oct 10, 2006 5:50 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
CP, you should know by now that everything I say I true. I am jebus, hear me roar. Seriously though, I've got good news. The 90 minute special for eps 202, 203, and 204 came with a new intro and ending. Whats so good about that? Both animations hint around to the time leap that takes place. This means the fillers could be close to finished! God it'd be nice to have something to look forward to every week again.

I've already informed beefy about the new clips and i'd gladly just supply the actual footage but I'm new to the whole video editing thing and a raw 1.54 GB AVI file for just 1:30 second isn't do-able.

Oh and just so you know, he's "lovin it".

PostTue Oct 10, 2006 10:35 pm
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
Anybody think Lee will rise again to become a taijutsu ninja? Laughing
PostSun Oct 22, 2006 2:13 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Of course! And he'll be there for damn near 100 filler eps.
PostSun Oct 22, 2006 4:32 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah no kidding about the filler episodes. Im on episode 213 now with another five to go to catch up to the broadcasts. And its all filler. I mean there is more filler in Naruto then in dog food.

Spoilers to follow for those not caught up

About the godlike thing. There are times that you see Naruto and the others going to that point. Then others when they run from a pack of thugs. The episode in the 180s you mentioned I think is the moonrock one. Where the town has their chakra enhanced.

But really Naruto only has so many attacks. And it gets kind of old to see the same ones over and over and over and over and over. I mean the Naruto combo is there for the games. Theres Rasengun which he uses a lot. And by now should have figured out how to do it without a shadowclone. Theres the clone and replacement thats used as a plot device how many times?

Im disappointed in the ones in the 210s for treating Rock Lee so badly. Treating him like he can't fight on the same level as Naruto. Now granted he shouldnt for all the injuries he's had. He should be a cripple if not dead. BUt the series just passes over that.

At least Sakura changed. Realizing that she wasnt going to be a good combat ninja and went medical ninja. Which leads to...

Whats with all the damned ninja. I mean we have normal, medical, cooking (yes from a filler episode), and several others. I can see the writers

"The manga's only 6 months ahead of us. So we need another filler episode. Oh hey lets bring in Ero-Senin and have prosititute ninjas!"

I can understand even letting the manga get ahead of the tv series. But the story has now been put on the back burner for what 40-50 episodes? I'll have to go look back. But Id bet its even more then that. Its good to learn the back story of some of the characters. And to even learn the lives of the normal people around the city (see the cooking ninja one for this). But are we destined to have a flower making episode for an Ino filler (horticulture ninja ftw!)

And whats the damned timeline we are in? We seem to have invented laptops, bridge making equipment, diesel or steamboats (to transfer Gentsua in the latest series), but somehow we forgot to invent the wheel? Was that the price for chakra? To not be able to drive or fly anywhere?

Chakra's mentioned early on as being a power based on religion. What some series would call your soul or life force. But this was never expanded on. And since Rock can't use his. Does that make him an Athesist?

Is the relationship between Rock and Maight Gai a little strange to anyone else? Im waiting to see the father/son story for them or maybe have them start to live together. Getting married by a female preacher ninja.

Or maybe i have a bigger problem because i hated this series when it started on Cartoon Network. And now i have watched 213 episodes of it. My eyes are bleeding from it.

Strangely I still dont care about the characters. Yes we know Naruto has a beast inside of him. One that will help him in a time of need. Just because it wont let him die. You dont need to remind me of this every five episodes thanks.

Yes we know Naruto had no family growing up. And was a loaner because of it. And this to doesn't need to be smacked back into my face for a convienent plot device. With as many tears has come out of Naruto's eyes. You'd think he was a girl.
PostThu Feb 01, 2007 10:18 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 18 of 26

Jump to: