нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Has Toonami gone down the tubes?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Has Toonami gone down the tubes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epyon_Pilot

Post subject:
Quote:
I disagree. its true they lost some fans, but Toonami is actually doing quite good. I would love for all that stuff to happen, but it won't because they're ot going to cater to just the fans that want what we want. They want to please the masses. We are not the masses. We just have better taste than the masses. Flat out and simple: Toonami currently stinks, according to us, but they're not making it any better for people like us.

Come on

Even the little kids are getting tired of the current crap that is on there. Are they considered "masses"? I don't see why they shouldn't be. And if toonami stops catering to us then they will lose us, the hardcore fans. And the little ones will stop watching and tonnami goes down. So they must cater to us if they want to keep themselves alive.
PostTue Jan 20, 2004 6:32 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
Untrue. We used to be the kids, remember? Obviously tastes change. The kiddies are not getting sick of it. They are eating it up. And they are the masses. Remember that CN is still primarily a kid's network.

As I said before, I want to eat, but the good of the many outweighs the good of the few.
PostTue Jan 20, 2004 6:34 pm
Epyon_Pilot

Post subject:
As u say,tastes change, and soon the "masses" are gonna want something new to chew on so then toonami will be screwed to try to find something to fit the style. That is when they might change back to the good stuff that i remember as a kid.

If the kids like the stuff on today then they will kill to see the good stuff.
PostTue Jan 20, 2004 6:39 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
Epyon_Pilot wrote:
As u say,tastes change, and soon the "masses" are gonna want something new to chew on so then toonami will be screwed to try to find something to fit the style. That is when they might change back to the good stuff that i remember as a kid.

If the kids like the stuff on today then they will kill to see the good stuff.

Ok. I do agree with that. The taste of the masses witll change, as they always do. But thats not neccesarily the time when then good stuff WILL come in. Thats the time where there's an oppurtunity for the good stuff to come in. Not only will it please old fans, but it will please the kiddies too. If they will so wowed by the idiotic crap Toonami was airing before, they will be absolutely blown away by the shows we know and love. I hope Toonami takes this chance to get back old fans and seriously impress new ones.
PostTue Jan 20, 2004 8:48 pm
Epyon_Pilot

Post subject:
I find myself agreeing with u...for once[cough cough]
PostTue Jan 20, 2004 9:14 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
Agreeance is good. If thats even a word.
PostTue Jan 20, 2004 9:18 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
would it bother you if it wasn't?

didn't think so.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Jan 21, 2004 4:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
Of course not. Jocalocamation isn't a word and I still think its awesome.
PostWed Jan 21, 2004 5:06 pm
Cell

Post subject:
I have to say that Toonami has shifted to the wayside of a more childish audience...I can only watch YYH and DBZ for so long...and besides that...IT'S EDITED...so they take all the good stuff out of the series...even adult swim edites shows which is even more sad...for those of you that haven't already done so...either watch TechTV or Action channel...they actually show anime that's worth watching (i.e. Hellsing, The Soul Taker, etc.)...
PostMon Jan 26, 2004 1:32 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
THI TUNOMI US EDETID?!!!!?!?!?!!!?11!/1!/1/! NEW FOKENG WAE!!!1 DUD THIT S SU NET CUUL>
PostMon Jan 26, 2004 1:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
DVD's are and otaku's best friend.
PostMon Jan 26, 2004 2:32 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
WhtHawk wrote:
DVD's are and otaku's best friend.

Agreed. I buy just about anything that I want to see. Except its not often because I don't get much money. AND I HAVE TO SQUANDER Crying or Very sad TO BUY BREAD Crying or Very sad TO FEED MYSELF! Crying or Very sad Just kidding. But editing=not fun.

And just an example of the stupidity of editing, in YYH, when Yusuke is fighting that guy in the dark who has the mask on (I forget his name) when hes trying to track down Rando, they left out a very crucial part. The only reason Yusuke won is because he used Genkai's disgarded cigarette to find his opponent so he could fire his Spirit Gun at him. When it aired on Toonami, they completely cut that out, which left Yusuke saying "yeah, that might work" and then he fired his Spirit Gun and him. No explanation whatsoever. Pure stupidity. I mean, comon, I think the kids can handle a cigarette or two! Thats just another example of Toonami's shiftance from a general appealance to a children's appealance.
PostMon Jan 26, 2004 7:39 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Tri_GUN_damwing wrote:
Pure stupidity. I mean, comon, I think the kids can handle a cigarette or two! Thats just another example of Toonami's shiftance from a general appealance to a children's appealance.

Smoking's not allowed and never has been, so it had to go.

As far as complaining about edits- Get Over It!
PostMon Jan 26, 2004 7:50 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
I am sorry. Again. But I beleive there were Toonami shows that had smoking in them. As stupid as this sounds, I would have been satisfied if in that YYH scenario they put in the smoking and had Yusuke say "smokings bad for you, Grandma" or something like that. That might justify it. A little. Mabye not. Forgive me as I am almost completely incapable of having my own opinions.
PostMon Jan 26, 2004 7:53 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Tri_GUN_damwing wrote:
Forgive me as I am almost completely incapable of having my own opinions.

Oh, the drama... Rolling Eyes
Believe what you want, just don't expect me to agree with you all the time. But characters that promote smoking, even indirectly, are something that cannot be expected to be allowed in cartoons aimed at the 6-11 and younger audience. Not in this day and age.
PostMon Jan 26, 2004 10:20 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: