нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Best Movie of the Year
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Best Movie of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Fav movie of the year
Spider-Man
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LOTR: The Two Towers
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Austin Powers III: Goldmember
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Other...what other?
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Simple. They were trying to reproduce the novelty of C3PO and R2D2 in the origianl trilogy. They were in the midst of battles walking through blaster fights and not getting hit. Audiences seemed to like it. So, Hollywood trys to recreate the novelty. Nothing more than marketing.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jan 05, 2003 11:10 am
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
Other - a little film call Spirited Away (I absolutely love that movie), just edges out The Two Towers
PostSun Jan 05, 2003 12:42 pm
funkymunky

Post subject:
Quote:
Attack/Clones was fairly good, but not, in my mind, great. It was pretty, yes, and the plot was far above that of Ep1, but still not well thought out.

i totally agree. i came away from the movie asking myself 'was that a good film or not' torn between objectivity and the fact that hey, its star wars. but i think, if u have to ask yourself that question, then the answer is no, it wasnt a good movie. it was better in almsot everyway than ep1, but lets face it, thats no great feat. and sure that plot was more complex but i think in the end it just came over as a bit contrived. the lotr films really REALLY show up the new star wars episodes for the comparative tripe that they are. it seems that lucas has decided that decent special effects supercede the need for decent acting, plot and screenplay. dissapointing to say the least.

altho having said all that, i think the original star wars films, while i love them dearly, were good for the their time (indeed groundbreaking) but judged by todays standards, in todays climate, they dont make the grade. i realise u cant judge a 30 year old movie by its modern day counterparts, but the point is that they havent really advanced the films at all (other than the visual effects) and the result is something that has no-where near the same impact as the original trilogy. good entertainment for a couple of hours but if u gave me 70 quid in 7 years and asked me which dvd set i was gonna buy, lotr or the new starwars trilogy, i think u can guess the answer
PostSun Jan 05, 2003 2:13 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
okay, here's my take on AoTC - 7 months after it came out...

let me say first that I love Starwars - even the Phantom Menace; as a matter of fact, the Phantom Menace was probably my very favorite film until I watched it so much that I got sick of it

however, I thought AoTC was lacking in so many areas; first off, the love story was sickening - why the two fell in love was never evident, and there was zero chemistry between Natalie Portman and Hayden Christansen; the scenes they shared together were contrived, boring, irritating, and lacked any type of real emotion; whenever I watch AoTC on DVD, I always fastforward anything that has these two by themselves

second, Hayden Christiansen sucks; as much as they talk him up in the DVD extras, there's still no getting over his lack of talent; not that his character made it any easier for him - the lines he had to deliver were laughable; George Lucas needs to get someone to rewrite his scripts...it's been too long since he wrote anything great

third, the special effects took over the movie - hardly what you want when you're stressing that this is a love story; also, the effects were just too much in many scenes - I don't have enough eyeball to take everything in Mr. Lucas

frankly, I didn't care a whole lot about the characters - they weren't that likeable in this movie, much less so than in any of the previous four; it's hard to get emotionally involved in a movie when you only care if they live because it means Luke and Leia'll be born

that's what I didn't like about the movie, here's what I liked...

R2D2 and C3P0, no matter what everyone else says; C3P0 was funny, even if it the humor was totally misplaced and even if his wit was out of character

Yoda kicking butt - luckily, I went in to the movie without knowing exactly what it was that Yoda was going to do, so I wasn't dissapointed

Mace Windu - Sam Jackson freakin rocks

Natalie Portman - I'll watch anything she's in; case in point: Anywhere But Here

in the end though, these are all pretty minor things - and while each of the other four films are among my favorite of all time, this one was among the bottom tier of movies I saw this year; it was rather mediocre; I remember walking out of "Sum of All Fears" and thinking that it was better than Starwars, though it wasn't exactly a great film; that really dissapointed me - hopefully, Episode III will be better
PostMon Jan 06, 2003 7:50 am
funkymunky

Post subject:
natalie portman ...mmmmmm..... perfect? YES
PostMon Jan 06, 2003 9:29 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: