нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Has Toonami gone down the tubes?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Has Toonami gone down the tubes?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject: Has Toonami gone down the tubes?
Hey, not to offend anyone out there, but I think Toonami's awesomeness has seriously gone down in the past year. Ever since they took Kenshin off, Toonami started a slow decline to stupidity, and Cartoon Network itself has started to become another Nick. What happened to the Toonami I knew and loved?
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 9:25 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Those times are gone now. You didn't think they would keep up with this goodness forever did ya? Well just realize that now they are finally going for their target demographic which is most likely beyond you. So just deal with it like the rest of us has, by either stop watching or keep watching despite your growing hatred for the block.
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 9:44 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
Yeah, I know. I will continue to watch, in hopes that it will eventually reddem itself. However it's really sad that something so good could become so...not good so fast. Besides, the real reson I watch it is because of the Anime anyway.
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 10:29 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Rolling Stones:

I saw her today at the reception
A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she was gonna meet her connection
At her feet was a footloose man
You can’t always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need

And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse
Singing, we’re gonna vent our frustration
If we don’t we’re gonna blow a 50-amp fuse
But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you need

I went down to the chelsea drugstore
To get your prescription filled
I was standing in line with mr. jimmy
And man, did he look pretty ill
We decided that we would have a soda
My favorite flavor, cherry red
I sung my song to mr. jimmy
Yeah, and he said one word to me, and that was dead
I said to him
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need
You get what you need--yeah, oh baby

I saw her today at the reception
In her glass was a bleeding man
She was practiced at the art of deception
Well I could tell by her blood-stained hands
You just might find
You get what you need

You just might find
You get what you need
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 10:58 am
The_Punisher

Post subject: ur right
Toonami is really going downhill. It used to be great but now without alll the REALLY GOOD anime, its just not the same. If tney want better ratings, they need better anime.
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 11:13 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I haven't watched Toonami in several years for these reasons. Quothe someone else: silly otaku: Toonami is for kids.
PostSun Jan 18, 2004 1:31 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't watch Toonami for one reason and one reason only.

I'm not home to do so.
PostSun Jan 18, 2004 3:53 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
I haven't watched Toonami in several years for these reasons. Quothe someone else: silly otaku: Toonami is for kids.

Second solution: Don't be an otaku!
PostSun Jan 18, 2004 11:08 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
heck I don't even get cartoon network anymore...

silly cable bills
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSun Jan 18, 2004 2:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Toonami's quality hasn't gone down hill. The cartoons are just outside your deomgraphic. I see lots of their target demographic just eating up those shows.
PostSun Jan 18, 2004 6:51 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
CURSE THE MASSES! I WANT TO EAT!
PostSun Jan 18, 2004 9:12 pm
sonicboom1

Post subject:
Look on the Bright Side......

Groove Adventure Rave is coming to Toonami(I think)
So is Gundam Seed....
New YYH in March

(If Toonami ever falls)
-Adult Swim is apparently airing "Witch Hunter Robin
-And The Saturday Anime Block will return(4/17)

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 5:24 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
Yeah I heard ofall that stuff. I hope its true cus I will be super happy if it is! Surprised
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 8:04 pm
Epyon_Pilot

Post subject: Has toonami gone down the tubes?...
Simple Question.Simple answer
Yes.

Their only hope is for all of those new shows but they have alreay lost alot of fans since they just replay DBZ over and over again. They 1)need to get rid of DBZ. It is over with! 2) get better shows and be willing to spend $$$ to buy them 3)bring back the old good shows that i always mention (almost all gundam,OS,etc.). 4)advertise alot to show old fans that they have changed for the better (this goes with 2) 5) their site needs a serious overhaul and they could use a site to their own. It should look something like TDA which is rele cool. These are only the changes i could think of. The developers should be able to do this and better.
PostTue Jan 20, 2004 5:44 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject: Re: Has toonami gone down the tubes?...
Epyon_Pilot wrote:
Simple Question.Simple answer
Yes.

Their only hope is for all of those new shows but they have alreay lost alot of fans since they just replay DBZ over and over again. They 1)need to get rid of DBZ. It is over with! 2) get better shows and be willing to spend $$$ to buy them 3)bring back the old good shows that i always mention (almost all gundam,OS,etc.). 4)advertise alot to show old fans that they have changed for the better (this goes with 2) 5) their site needs a serious overhaul and they could use a site to their own. It should look something like TDA which is rele cool. These are only the changes i could think of. The developers should be able to do this and better.

I disagree. its true they lost some fans, but Toonami is actually doing quite good. I would love for all that stuff to happen, but it won't because they're ot going to cater to just the fans that want what we want. They want to please the masses. We are not the masses. We just have better taste than the masses. Flat out and simple: Toonami currently stinks, according to us, but they're not making it any better for people like us.
PostTue Jan 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: