нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - War With Iraq - A thread for thoughts and discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
War With Iraq - A thread for thoughts and discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject: War With Iraq - A thread for thoughts and discussion
Ok, in order to condense all of our Iraq discussion that will surely happen very soon, here is a general thread.

And here is a link, in case you live in a cave and didn't hear.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/17/sprj.irq.main/index.html

Thoughts? Feelings?

As for me...

I'm happy we're doing something about Iraq. I'm happy the Iraqi government is being punished for disobeying an international resolution that they clearly violated. I'm happy Saddam will soon no longer threat/kill/mutilate his own people. I'm happy that soon (if the U.S. will not totally try and pull a modernization theory on em') the Iraqi people will be able to devleop democracy and self government in their own way according to their feelings and their will rather than be subject to a dictator.

I'm not so happy that the U.S. seems to be acting without most of the world behind it. I'm not so happy that we didn't go for a vote, if just for the moral victory of having 9 votes. I'm not so happy that our troops will be in danger. I'm not so happy that we're having to go to war. I'm not so happy that Saddam is still denying the fact that he has weapons of mass destruction. I'm not so happy that Bush hasn't presented clear cut ties between Al Queda and Iraq (Supposedly, their operatives were IN Bagdad, but we're not sure if they were communicating with the Iraqi government).
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 2:14 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
I just hope this war is over quickly. The quicker it's over, the quicker people forget.
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 2:37 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
you have the wrong reason for wanting it to be over beat. it should be more like this:

I just hope this war is over quickly. The quicker it's over, the quicker gas prices return to normal.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 2:41 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, right. What if Saddam burns the oil fields? Gas prices may never recover.
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 2:58 pm
Saiyoukai1015

Post subject:
i think that if we do not go to war with iraq, they will just keep on ticking people off until somebody does
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 2:59 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
Yeah, right. What if Saddam burns the oil fields? Gas prices may never recover.

He relies on the oil fields too much to do that. He has no problem burning other peoples oil fields though. He and france have a deal still, his oil for their nuclear power plant and maintenance. He wouldn't dare lose that weapons grade plutonium producing plant for anything.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 3:55 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yes, and we hardly get any oil from Iraq compared to most of the other Middle Eastern countries.

That speech tonight was okay, but still he just didn't make enough of a case even after all these months. The world is going to be pissed at us no matter what happens. Kofi Annan seemed really down after it too...
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 8:19 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
"War crimes will be prosexuted"
Sounds like some sort of FBI warning.

The businesslike way Dubya said everything was pretty amusing. As it stands...

**Dubya's Weekly Schedule**
Monday: Address country about Iraq
Tuesday: Yap about religion to a boy scout troop.
Wednesday: War with Iraq
Thursday: Tea with SECSTATE
Friday-Sunday: Trip to Texas

...At least the military's going to get some action. Maybe a MOAB or two?
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 8:38 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
You know... If we just nuke the whole country, it would solve all our problems. Everyone, even the frenchies, know that its easier to drill for oil on flat ground than rocky terrain.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 2:04 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I believe war is not the answer. Gas prices is irrelevant to this matter. Has war solved anything? We may have wanted freedom in the Civil War, but at what cost: The lives of people. World War I was just showing us carnage that is shown today. World War II proved more violent with the same effect. No body can say that war is good because it doesn't begin or end without people torn apart or death of a friend or neighbor. It is not right.

Also, we need to see the point. I have a brother in the Marines and if he is sent in, I hope we comes back. See, you don't want to see your mom, dad, brother, sister, friend, neighbor, or anyone else go fight without feeling remorse. This is my theory and I stick to it.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 9:24 am
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
Lookout Captain Obvious, it's Mr. Itoldyouso.

Can I share some things with you people?

1. The war is "justified," we gotta get Saddam out. The least that could be done is from a Kurdistan republic to the north and let the rest make a democratic vote on their new leaders after a few years of not occupation but surveillance by U.N. forces. But..

2. Bush fucked us over. He didn't get the U.N. backing. If he waited for Mr. Blix to finish his trip, wasn't so demanding for impending war (and more detailed inspections...we could've gotten France on our side with just that, folks), wasn't so...himself, we would have have a politically justified war. If the U.S. got U.N. approval, the Arab League couldn't help but agree. Instead, we now have a war that can be interpreted far too easily as a war signalling the U.S.'s bid for imperialism in the Middle East.

3. Bush started planning this war very soon after his presidency was confirmed...month's before 9/11/01. But that's not to say he hasn't milked what happened on those days to the fullest to support his cause.

4. North Korea has threatend military action agianst us. North Korea has admitted and is proudly boasting its nu-cu-ler power. North Korea has tested missles at times specifically to intimidate. Missles which DO have the ability to strike L.A. with a nu-cu-ler warhead. North Korea is not making any qualms about denying its intention to kill us all with sharp, pointy things/explosive crap. Iraq doesn't have a plane to reach anything with the letters U.S. on it except for soldiers in its own country. Oh yeah, between the No-Fly Zones. WHICH IS THE LARGER THREAT, IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY. :p

5. Bush last night: "*sniff*Please don't torch your oil fields.*sniff*". Looks like someone forgot that Enron can't pay him to say that anymore. Yes, this is also an attack on when Bush thought of attacking Iraq, as well as Enron's role in the (energy) policies of the current Aministregime.

6. Only American companies are being sold the right to rebuild Iraq. Not only is it only up for bid, but only to American companies. Think about it. You're thoughts should be along the lines of "bling bling."

I think this soapbox is worn out.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 6:07 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
I still say that this situation is quite similar to that of Cuba in the past.

Both are ruled by egotistical dictators who keep the population down
Both were hostile towards the US
Both lost all the hope they had of really hurting us
Both have an overall indifferent population either way.

If we just keep up the sanctions (particularly if we can get other big nations to join in), Saddam will be locked down, quite legally, and with no reason for the UN to get pissy. Eventually, both Hussein and Castro will die, and then the respective populations will be better able to take over and thrive than if we set up yet another ineffectual semi-puppet government.

Of course, this requires a long-term view of more than, say, until March 2005.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 7:01 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I can't believe you want a war. We don't need anymore. Why do we have to go through war to get peace? Even then, we won't get close. The government should stop paying so much for war and go for more important things like people in Africa with Malnutrition or problems with violence.

Also, I'm a JW.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 8:33 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Why are we picking on Iraq? Because we can take them.

Why don't we take on North Korea or the USSR when they were around? Because they could nuke us.

We're picking on Iraq because they are easy prey. Why not take over Saudi Arabia while we're at? If they had nukes do you think we'd still be bossing them around?
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 8:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Yes.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 8:52 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: