нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Breaking news on the John Bono front (dot dot dot)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Breaking news on the John Bono front (dot dot dot)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this the sign of the apocolypse?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Gouf / I wasn't paying attention
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
I'm already posting off topic. After all, the thread's about Bono's love life. Where did you think never-ending threads started?
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
You go for it John Bono! (Applies only to Ixidor, ToonamiL, and the like.)
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Enough pheremones to kill a duck? Speak for yourself! Your girlfriend can fling enough across a ten foot distance to give me an irrepressable boner. AND I KNOW SHE'S TAKEN.
Although, for my tastes, LittleLovelyGirl beats her without breaking a sweat. Razz
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 2:21 am
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
After reading every post up to this one, I realize how lonely my life is Smile

Oh well I guess having a girlfriend isn't everything. Then again I'm fifteen, more than likely the youngest person here who's been here since the begining. Furthermore...my brother, who is about as alike with me as east is from west, had one last school year and he was 13...
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 10:58 am
shikonneko

Post subject:
No, having a SO isn't everything. Friends are the most vitally important thing any person can have. Don't worry about dating and pleasing people, you'll have all the rest of your life to expend energy on that. Work on collecting a tight ring of friends that you can remain loyal to... and will hopefully remain effing loyal to you as well.
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 11:16 am
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
I only have two friends, and they've been my friends since 5th grade. That's not counting my "buddys" that i don't really consider friends, but yes friends are very important to me. I'd probobly commit sepekku if I didn't have any...
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 11:24 am
TantokStormbringer

Post subject:
At any rate, they make a cute couple.
I am not going post a defence, because the simple truth, is that mine is better.

As for friends vs significant others
Better to go for a significant other soon, because you can die at any moment, then you would have never had the chance to truly live, the pain, the joys, the simple feeling you get when you look into that persons eyes, THAT is what life is about, THAT is the reason FOR life.

"Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all." Name that quote, and I'll take John's cookie and throw it out the window.
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 11:59 am
shikonneko

Post subject:
I still defend that friends are better, but I've written too much today as is. However, I'd be willing to trade anything for you to take Mr. Smith and throw him out a window with his cookie. Shakespeare said it, Will Smith said it (MIB, IIRC), I've said it, every one says it. I just wish half the people that said it meant it.
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 12:06 pm
TantokStormbringer

Post subject:
John, Your quote is from Belldandy, the Goddess of the Present. *Snatches cookie* *throws cookie out convieniently placed open window*

I meant that quote, and I would rather not throw John out that window... He has been a dear friend to me, and the singular, most happy guy I know. He has none nothing to me for me to throw him away, even if he had, I wouldn't. I understand part of that DDRing-Animeloving-Nerd extrodinaire, and that part shows him to be unique. To destroy something unique like him, would be more than just a crime, it would be a crime against humanity.

I'm sorry you would want to throw him out the window, you have my condolences.

How do friends make you a whole person? How can 'just friends' ever fill up that space inside the heart? We are empty, and happy with that emptiness untill we get older and look back, and realize that we are just a shell, waiting for the right life to come along and make us whole.

I am a whole person. I am a whole heart. I only hope that everyone in this world gets the same feeling at least once in their lives, if not for their entire life. I have been hurt by this, depressed, self tortured, furious, torn, and nearly wrenched apart. But I have also loved, and that makes the loss worth the pure joy. To truly understand that quote, you would have to have had both, the pain, and the joy.
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 12:24 pm
shikonneko

Post subject:
Did I say anything anywhere about destroying him? No... I just said he needed a good tossing out of a window. Everyone needs those from time to time, just as a reminder. I don't want him dead; in fact, I'd like to keep him as far from it as possible, which brings my next point.

I have loved all my friends. I have tried my best to nurture and care for them as much as any SO. My friends mean just as much to me as any boyfriend ever could, and let me assure you, friends are a lot more willing to help you glue the shattered pieces of your life than any boyfriend ever is. Smith-kun can attest, he tells me all the time how I love too much, how my friends can never match the level of love I give them, or something like that... He needs to stop having heart-felt conversations with me when I'm at work. I know I'm missing something vital to my argument here, It's the "Absolute Zero" theory Mark and I discussed. I'll try to come back to it later; my master's calling.
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 12:31 pm
TantokStormbringer

Post subject:
Quote:
My friends mean just as much to me as any boyfriend ever could, and let me assure you, friends are a lot more willing to help you glue the shattered pieces of your life than any boyfriend ever is.

Then you have never met me. My hobby these days is helping people peice back together their shattered lives. Even though, I suppose that my status has gone from boyfriend to fiance last sunday.

I have alot of friends, and they had no interest when my life shattered. Only the other half of my heart came to rescue me when my car died, only she was there when I was depressed for weeks.

You can never love too much, don't stifle the love that you have, just find someone who can return it with equal ferocity. Too bad that window over there is ten stories up... kinda useless for a good John toss. Hmm... however, that one on the opposite wall is only on the first story... Very Happy
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 12:41 pm
Alshoff

Post subject:
I want to eradicate the term "significant other" from the English language. You should use the terms "girlfriend", "boyfriend", "husband", "wife", "lover", "mistress", or "sex slave".
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 12:48 pm
TantokStormbringer

Post subject:
Why? The term is ever so convienient, giving us the ability to cover all our bases at once. Besides, it takes over half the speaking population of a language to effectively make a solid change in that language.

The total english speaking population, is sadly larger than you.
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 12:50 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
TantokStormbringer wrote:

I have alot of friends, and they had no interest when my life shattered. Only the other half of my heart came to rescue me when my car died, only she was there when I was depressed for weeks.

Richard, how are we supposed to help you piece your life together when you live 15-20 miles away from all of us (about a hundred at Potossi) and you're the only one with a car? That's why we were calling you such a moron when you let the thing die (although, if I recall, it was your mother that pushed the dying car too far)?

As for ShikonNeko, I didn't mean to push you away as a friend, just to distance you as a potential lover (REF: "sex slave"). You'll hear more about that blunder, and m apoligies for, sometime soon.
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 1:58 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
On the friends vs. lovers issue, I think it's a personal thing. Some people need to have the undying, exclusive love from another. (It's nothing to be ashamed of) For those people, a strong singular relationship is the best thing. Others, like myself, are too damn self-centered to be such a lover. Right now, if I were to get into a serious relationship with a girl (or guy, it really doesn't matter), I would probably end up hurting the other party deeply, because there are times when I literally can't care. I don't want to do that to people.

On the other hand, I consider friendship to be a much less demanding relationship. If I'm feeling antisocial, I can take a day off from people, and they won't be offended. ShikonNeko might be concerned, but not offended (God, I hope she isn't offended). I used to think that I was quite happy by myself. Then I met ShikonNeko and others, and I learned it wasn't so. I've never gotten homesick, or wished for Mommy. I've regretted not talking to friends, but talking was almost always enough. This summer, though, I've realized just how attached I've become. I miss all my college friends, more deeply than I expected to miss anyone. I don't know why, or what makes this bond form, but I know it's there.

As I look back on what I've wrote, I realized that the style and focus makes my point about selfishness far more effectively than pointed words. To me, friends are places to express myself and learn how I react, and what I am. I don't know what they get out of it. I can hardly empathize with myself, let alone a rock, or even another human. How can I possibly sustain a SO in this state? How does one love a sponge?
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 2:38 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, I certainly love you. And I can think of at least a dozen other people that do.
As for your inablity to empathize, I just think you don't scope porperly.
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 3:22 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dear lord you all know each other why don't y ou just open up a chat room on AIM and discuss this all at once . . .

Really, I'm all for a good discussion, and I have quite the handle on high-school relationships (and maturity does not go past the level of high school. ) but for some reasons your arguments are making my head spinny. Could be my bright new monitor, or the fact that I'm sick, but my head is spinny.

With that said, wheither friends of 'sig others' are more important is a personal preference. There is no universal. There is never a universal anything, except for the universe being a universe. Some people have no interest in the opposite (or in some cases, their own) sex until they're in their 30's, 50's, 80's. Let them live the way they are happy living. Friends can be eitehr relaly loyal, or total backstabbers. So can Sig Others. Choose wisely. End.

END I SAY.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Jul 13, 2004 3:42 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: