нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Your Questions about BIG O, because we know you have them
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Your Questions about BIG O, because we know you have them
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Okay I caught the second half of the episode. And now the recap of the last 15 minutes.

**************************SPOILERS************************

Dorothy was put in prison suspected of being the serial robot assassian. Norman goes down to get her out when the real one attacks.

Angel and Roger have a touching moment in his car. Roger is looking for Alex (aka Harle quin) and Gordon Rosewater. Then they start talking about france or whatever the foriegn land she is from. And about how their lives are turning out. You get the feeling Rogers trying to get a little more then words out of her when he is interupted twice by norman. Poor Roger Smith never gets any action

The robot detective and Dustin trail down the robot assassain. Who is killing robots to get their memories. The robot assassain goes to the military HQ to get Dorothy. And our robotic detective has a show down with him. Having watched Metropolis not that long ago the detective felt like his meaning in life was to show you that the animators watch anime. The assasian shoots an explosive arrow at our friendly detective. Whos eyes turn red. He rips his arm off and tosses it into the building blowing it and the assassin up. Dastin makes a comment about pain and emotion. The detect-o-bot says "Most of us dont have emotions" and squarely looks at dorothy.

Norman helps Dorthy out of her cell. He tries to jimmy it. She just breaks it down. Who at this point was put onto a motorcycle (remember the dress sequence from season 1 when we were first shown the bike?) and they rush away. When they find a giant robot is after them. Ignoring the fact that Dorothy ways enough to break the sidecar alone. Norman (see i can do names this week) turns around on the bike. And Dorthy is lifted up as the rocket launcher appears and norman disables some of the arms on the robot.

They then drive through Big O's legs. For the shortest battle of season 1 or 2. Most of the battle (which lasted 30 seconds and 1 yes people 1 punch) was Roger going
"Im sorry for you because you are not my enemy. Your master is my enemy." (Insert pile driver punch evil robot blows up). And Roger has a relapse of season 2 episode 1 going "But who is my enemy"

Before this little bit Angel hears about the assassin and says "Lefay". And we see a red ballon float up after the bot disappears. Which is clearly showing you we will be seeing our balloon lady from season 1. Since this bot looked like a toy anyway and so did the NY Hat wearing assassin. Not a very subtle hint. But then you wouldnt know unless you had watched season 1.

SPOILERS OVER*************************

The voice of Detect-o-bot sounded like Metalo from Superman. And its an actor whos name I just cant put my finger on. Having missed the first 15 minutes. Im sure there was something else I missed that would have made this episode right. But overall it felt like since last weeks, damn i missed that one, was an action episode. This ones meaning was to forward the plot. Im still getting over animation style, cowboy bebop voices, and the not quite Norman voice as well. But I will soldier on in hopes it will all work out. Also the sequence with dorothy in the side car had so much wrong about it. But Im a little weary to say what bothered me so much because I know it will come out wrong. Needless to say she was in an unladylike position with rockets shooting out between her legs. Not what I want to see from a 12 year old looking robot. The writers need therapy.
PostMon Sep 08, 2003 6:17 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I want that sidecar and I want it now.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Sep 08, 2003 12:56 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey, anyonw else notice Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen at the very, very end of the episode? I thought that was funny.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Sep 08, 2003 4:01 pm
The_Dragon_Master

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've been busy moving and I missed Big O last night, so can someone tell me what happened?[/lurk mode]
PostMon Sep 08, 2003 8:17 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
Am I the only one who noticed the NY cap on the the android assassin? I think the rumors about the show taking place in New York City are true. Of course that's just speculating the obvious, and the 2 letters could stand for something completely different....

*waits for someone else to take advantage of statement to put in witty banter on said comment*

OK, fine. Remember, you asked for it.
You're reading it backwards. It actually stands for, "Yer Nutz!" Razz Rolling Eyes
PostTue Sep 09, 2003 6:34 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
How about this. Angel and the other foriegners are American. And Pardigm city is in France.

Yes im kidding
PostTue Sep 09, 2003 5:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
They keep showing that clock tower thing. I say it's Britian.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Sep 09, 2003 6:35 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
I dont know, it just looks too much like New York. Theres the Brooklen Brige that runs over the Hudson. Then most of Paradim City looks like Manhaton. Then there was the robot wearing the NY hat.

One MOre Thing..I dont get is how there's a plunty of water on one side and desert on the other...

Thats what it is all about!
PostTue Sep 09, 2003 7:02 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
CollegeBum wrote:
One MOre Thing..I dont get is how there's a plunty of water on one side and desert on the other...

War can cause massive changes in the world's weather patterns and the environment, thanks in part to the radioactivity in bombs and massive explosions going around the world.

During the course of "The Event" that happened 40 years ago, these weapons obviously had to be used in either one or both sides. A lot.
PostThu Sep 11, 2003 3:58 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
By the way, Big O II, Vol. 1 (of 4) is scheduled for release on December 2nd, if you hadn't heard yet...
PostSat Sep 13, 2003 6:28 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wow, what a huge plot episode for Big O! Jeez. My biggest question is this whole thing about tomatoes. Not to mention "The Union" I'm thinking that the Union is just the name of another country, that has spies living within paradigm, and they wanna take down Rosewater for some reason.
HELP!

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Sep 14, 2003 10:02 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
By the way, Big O II, Vol. 1 (of 4) is scheduled for release on December 2nd, if you hadn't heard yet...

That's kinda sad. The entire series will already be finished on CN long before even the first of the DVDs comes out.
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 12:00 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:

PostMon Sep 15, 2003 12:57 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:

PostMon Sep 15, 2003 1:02 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Moving this back on topic. I will attempt to right a summary of sundays episode when i get home from work. I just watched it over lunch and.... wow it really... really... im speechless.

Stripes made up for all off Season 2's shortfalls. If someone else wants to attempt to write the review for stripes part 1. Go ahead. But this "to be continued" episode really pushed the story and the action forward.
PostMon Sep 15, 2003 11:08 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 14 of 25

Jump to: