нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Move over Liberty Cabbage, Freedom Fries are on the job.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Move over Liberty Cabbage, Freedom Fries are on the job.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject: Move over Liberty Cabbage, Freedom Fries are on the job.
Neal Rowland, the owner of Cubbie's, now only sells his fried potato strips as "freedom fries" -- a decision that comes as Americans watch French officials back away from support for possible war in Iraq.

"Because of Cubbie's support for our troops, we no longer serve french fries. We now serve freedom fries," says a sign in the restaurant's window.

Rowland said his intent is not to slight the French people, but to take a patriotic stance to show his support for the United States and the actions of President Bush.

"It's our way of showing our patriotic pride," he said, noting that his business has a lot of local military troops as customers.

Rowland said the switch from french fries to freedom fries came to mind after a conversation about World War I when anti-German sentiment prompted Americans to rename German foods like sauerkraut and hamburger to liberty cabbage and liberty steak.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Feb 19, 2003 1:46 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
That's not patriotism, that's nationalism. France is not the enemy. Nationalism is "My country, right or wrong!" which ALWAYS CAUSES TROUBLE. France doesn't want to see people die. In wars, civilians die. When Iraqy civilians die, that causes people to become true zealots. Zeaolots are bad. All terrorists are zealots. Thus, war causes terrorism. It doens't stop it, it causes it. This jackass is adding to the belief that America is 100% right 100% of the time. Always bad.

The stupidty of this fricken 'Cubbies' makes me want to eat some double-french fries. Now i'm all aggitated. Thanks a lot, spook!

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Feb 19, 2003 2:23 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
welcome, go enjoy your heart attack.

it's not so much stupidity as it is playing off other peoples fears,hates, pride, ect. The man is a genius, well he will be if his fry sales shoot through the roof.

PostWed Feb 19, 2003 2:36 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
So, let me get this straight... You're talking about "freedom fries" while your avatar reveals that you're eating chicken?

Traitor... Wink
PostWed Feb 19, 2003 6:25 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
it's not french fried chicken, it's not even chicken. it's kentucky fried baby. that's right good ol' KFB. Finger lickin' good.

PostWed Feb 19, 2003 6:44 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
H0W Dar3Z TheYS CAll UOR FrIES FRNCH??!11

L1b3RTy FriEDZ Al thE WaY!!

Jingo Man, Jingo Man
Doin' the things a Jingoist can.
What does he like?
It's not important - Jingo Man
Is he a hawk, or is he a pest?
How's he so sure we're the "best in the west?"
Why does he want to kill all the rest?
Nobody knows, Jingo Man.

PostWed Feb 19, 2003 9:49 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Whatever...

This hasn't happened since World War I. Some stupid ideas never die.
I'll just have some Italian food. No one makes fun of Italy on the global scale.
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 11:45 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know, we'll change saltiboca to liberated freedom slabs.

PostThu Feb 20, 2003 11:53 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
You know what's the worst thing about this? America is all "France are two timing huussies!" and all France is really saying is that thye don't want to see people die.

Now, let's think about this. France says "Let's not kill people. That never helps." America says "YOU SLUT! YOU SUCK FOR NOT WANTING PEOPLE TO DIE! That DOES it. We're renaming our fries!"

France no want death. America want death. France becomes a pansy.

No matter how few words I reduce it to, the absurdness is still very present.

PostThu Feb 20, 2003 12:57 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think this dude in the New York times summed it up the best.

America and France are like a married couple that's been in counseling, for 200 years.
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 1:37 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Who cares if people get nationalistic or patriotic over french fries, realize this: it's just food.
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 1:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Patriotism = good.

Nationalism = bad.

Nationalism is "My country, right or wrong." It means that all the bad things we do are OK simply because it's our country. It's like saying to hell with the rest of the world, so long as this country is happy. Such a utilitarian view will ultimately lead to our downfall.

PostThu Feb 20, 2003 1:54 pm
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:

Nationalism = bad.

Nationalism is "My country, right or wrong." It means that all the bad things we do are OK simply because it's our country. It's like saying to hell with the rest of the world, so long as this country is happy. Such a utilitarian view will ultimately lead to our downfall.

I must beg to differ. Only yesterday in my Sociology class we had a guest Professor from Russia who spoke on the unifying and positve aspects of moderate nationalism, which I would say is practiced in America. I would get my notes, but I had three hours of halluciagentic sleep last night, and want to sleep now. On the subject of Freedom fries I have to say...
HEY! MORON! YOU REALIZE FRENCH FRIES WEREN'T EVEN NAMED AFTER THE FRENCH, RIGHT?!
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 2:06 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Their British, which convenietly, is a strong backer of action on Iraq.

Just call them chips like the Brits do.
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 2:13 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm not really disagreeing with you, Shinobo. Patriotism is a good thing. I see nationalism as being a zealot regarding your country. And zealots are always bad.

PostThu Feb 20, 2003 5:53 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: