нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gaming Discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gaming Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
That's also why Final Fantasy PS1 games took up to 4 discs, when they would probably only need 2 without the FMV clips.
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 3:55 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Then why do they look so much better on the PS2? If you want to compare cg movies just compare advent children to toy story 2. Isnt it weird how I always start these debates?
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 6:38 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
they aren't the best to compare. They are going for 2 different styles.
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 7:13 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
what styles are those?
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 7:48 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hyper-realistic vs. Creatively entertaining
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 9:06 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
When comparing quality, one must look at the STYLE that the creators are going for. I will argue to the death that South Park has good animation. Because they are going for a certain STYLE and they ACHIEVE IT SUPERBLY and hte style FITS THE CONTENT of the show.

Comparing Toy Story and Advent Children is like comparing an H3 Hummer to a '68 Corvette Stingray: You may want them both, but not at all for the same reasons.

See?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 11:20 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
Then why do they look so much better on the PS2? If you want to compare cg movies just compare advent children to toy story 2. Isnt it weird how I always start these debates?

CP's made the point about comparing two completely different styles. If you wanted to compare FFX vs say, Warcraft III, that would be a much better matchup.

...But as to your question of WHY "they" look so much better on the PS2- Compare FFX to FFVIII (haven't seen anything from IX ), and you'll see that in the time between the games, the FMV scenes got better. Look at Pixar's movies over the years. They also look different than they did when Toy Story came out. Same with Blizzard's FMV sequences. Both skill and technology have improved since each company started. Thus, what you saw on the PS2 was simply an advancement in technology over the previous version. It's a simple concept.

And because I'm making this post, I'm missing a new episode of X-Play, which I missed when it was first broadcast at 8. Now I'm angry...
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 1:13 am
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
So your saying the graphics of the Systems have absolutely NOTHING to do with fmv sequences. Hard to believe.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 6:31 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
So your saying the graphics of the Systems have absolutely NOTHING to do with fmv sequences. Hard to believe.

No one said that
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 6:39 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
If you want to compare cg movies just compare advent children to toy story 2.

THAT is what we are discussing. We never said anything about how the system affects the FMV.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 7:07 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
I was responding to Admiralgreer's post that said that PS2 fmvs look so much better than PS1 ones because technology has improved in between those times. I dont think that fmvs are just videos on a disk, I think that they use the actual system to make them. If they were just videos on a disk then why dont all fmvs on games look like toy story 2 or advent children.

As for comparing advent children to toy story 2, I was trying to compare the difference in years in between them to see what everyone else thought. Even though advent children is expected to be released in November sometime. Who here thinks that FF7 is the best Final Fantasy?
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 8:09 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Vegito1471 wrote:
I was responding to Admiralgreer's post that said that PS2 fmvs look so much better than PS1 ones because technology has improved in between those times.

That's true. Moore's Law applies fully in this situation.

Quote:
I dont think that fmvs are just videos on a disk, I think that they use the actual system to make them.

That's false. It's just an MPEG-2 video file being accessed from the DVD and played back by the system.
Quote:
If they were just videos on a disk then why dont all fmvs on games look like toy story 2 or advent children.

Artistic license + time and money put into creation and development, the same as any movie.

Quote:
As for comparing advent children to toy story 2, I was trying to compare the difference in years in between them to see what everyone else thought.

I think I could stand to watch TS2 for two hours, but not AC. Wink
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 8:19 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Why wouldnt you be able to?
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 8:36 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
To keep it short, Advent Children and the like make my mental carriage drive off the cliff and plunge into the Uncanny Valley, while Toy Story and their ilk are still abtract enough to keep me on the road. Wink
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 7:45 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
but uncanny is good right?

or are you having an identity crisis?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSat Sep 10, 2005 1:56 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 55 of 57

Jump to: