нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - what happened to that show
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
what happened to that show

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spider

Post subject: what happened to that show
what ever happened to that show they showed a while back on saturday nights on toonami. i cant remember the name but it was about these kids in training to control these huge mechs or somethin. it was like my favorite show on tv and they just stopped showing it. does anyone know the name or what happened to it?
PostSat Aug 23, 2003 6:43 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
That would probably be Pilot Candidate...aka Candidate for Godess. It was an ok show in its defense(if you we're deaf). It was taken off the air because, like in Japan, it got very low ratings...that and it was never finished.

And now I pray to the Mod Gods to move this to its rightful place....*begins chanting in tongue*
PostSat Aug 23, 2003 6:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spider

Post subject:
thank you much. i liked that show alot i wish they would start it again. o well maybe they will decide to start it up again.
PostSat Aug 23, 2003 7:13 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: what happened to that show
1) Pilot Candidate aired on Adult Swim, not Toonami.

2) Cartoon Network pulled it off because it was so bad it caused a power outage in New York.

3) This is in the wrong board. Can a mod please move this?

Last edited by Daikun on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:45 am; edited 8 times in total
PostSat Aug 23, 2003 7:37 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I pray to society that these children be fixed of thier liking of such a predictable, childish, and overall trite anime.
PostSat Aug 23, 2003 10:56 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
I pray to society that these children be fixed of thier liking of such a predictable, childish, and overall trite anime.

Now, Now, Bono...remember, one man's tripe is another's menudo. Wink
PostSun Aug 24, 2003 5:44 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, I suppose you're right. Sigh...
Wink understood
PostSun Aug 24, 2003 8:47 pm
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
Pilot candidate was the worst show ever! a badly dubbed, evangelion rip with an absolutely awful storyline. How anyone can like it is beyond me.

PS those curious about the "eva" refenece; kids learn to control big, organic robots in order to save the world from giant aliens. Sound familiar, and remember whick came first.
PostMon Aug 25, 2003 8:27 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
voltron

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Aug 25, 2003 10:01 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
So it would appear that EVA was a ripoff of Voltron. Hmm, and since i've seen more Voltron than EVA, either by percentage or total amount of episodes or any other way in which you could measuer it, that means I'm a bigger fan of Voltron, and thus ahead of you all! HAHAHA! TEH PARADOX PWNS JOO!!!

Either way, I didn't htink Pilate Candidate was nearly as bad as you people insist it is. Do I yearn for it's return? No. Did I mind watching it? Hell no. There's a ton of worse stuff out there, and you know it.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Aug 25, 2003 11:17 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i'd have to agree with cp here, as i thought pilot candidate/candidate for goddess did a good job of setting the environment in which the characters interact, it was just that it took up so much time and with only 12 episodes, it eventually fell flat...

i personally believe that it airing on adult swim is what gave it the fatal blow, as if it had a spot on toonami it may have gotten a bit more respect...

don't get me wrong though, setting the stage is merely a small step in creating a decent anime...pilot candidate messed up big with the dub, as voices were nowhere near matched with the moving lips, and when characters randomly burst out singing, well that just won't win me over...

overall, a sub-par anime, but there's much worse that i've wasted my time on...
PostMon Aug 25, 2003 5:38 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
And the fact that it's the same terrible voice actors that do all the other animes aimed at small children doesn't win many people over, either.
PostMon Aug 25, 2003 9:44 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Volton and Eva share nothing in common. And to see three replies going "Yeah your right". Voltrons an old, though im a big big fan, set of 3 animes. The most famous "5 space explorers brought together to form voltron". The Lions were shown to have their own minds in the early episodes. Then that was taken away when they realized it wouldn't do anything for toy sales. But otherwise they were five fighting robots that joined into one big robot. The voice acting was okay except for sven the svede. You can thank every joining transformer and power rangers for Voltron.

Voltron 2 was vehicle voltron. Where a cast of thousands well (does math) 9 were each assigned a vehicle. 3 air/land/sea and they could form the giant fighting robot voltron for 15 minutes before the power ran out. It wasnt on long and most people dont remember it. But it was shown in america

Voltron 3 was 3 robots without pilots that formed a bigger robot. I had the camera one if I remember right. Never shown in america outside of the West Coast that I remember. So since im an east coast kid. I only saw pictures and the toys.

Eva is this amazingly literate show about a kid who loves and depises his dad. Oh and theres a subplot about the dead sea scrolls. Another subplot about angels coming to earth. Yet another subplot about clones. And yet another subplot that was solved by Scooby Doo and crew. Who pull the mask off of eva 1 to reveal it was Mr Beasley from Grape Ape.

So nothing in coming here.
PostTue Aug 26, 2003 6:32 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: