нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - No Teen Titan threads?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
No Teen Titan threads?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gizmo's name-calling got old real fast. There's not much you can do without using profanity.
PostTue Jul 22, 2003 12:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sonicboom1

Post subject:
"Crud, snot, zit-sniffing snot, conk-eater" WHAT WAS THAT? Teen Titans is the best!!!!!!! Can't wait 'til next week when Starfire gets kidnapped, looks good! The theme song is great, it's done by PuffyAmiYumi right?

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostTue Jul 22, 2003 4:09 pm
sonicboom1

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
This show was alright, but it could've been better.

The music didn't fit in the right places, and sometimes I thought it sounded rather annoying. For example, when Cyborg's hand was sneaking around the Titans Tower, they could've used some "sneaking around"-type music that would fit the scene properly. Instead, they gave it some stupid, loud rock/pop crap that wasn't necessarily needed. And the OP is terrible. The lyrics were kinda catchy, but it just gives me the same feeling that I get when I hear The Powerpuff Girls' ending theme from Biz: embarrassment.

As for the heroes, I had no problems with Raven, Robin, and Starfire. They were all cool. Cyborg kinda started out as an asshole (He LEFT during the Titans' first fight against Hive Academy! WTF?!?), but he turned out all right as the episode progressed and was more involved in the action. The one I hated the most was Beast Boy. He was worthless and provided nothing more than just being a nuisance. Not even his ultra-cool superpower of turning into a T-Rex could redeem him.

Overall, I give "Final Exam" a 7 out of 10. I hope the series gets better as it progresses, most especially Beast Boy.

Gizmo snuck up on him and planted a jet-pack on Cyborg and he was sent flying. Stafire later saved him.

"Just call me flyboy...I was half way to Gotham City when you got there" -Cyborg to Starfire

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostTue Jul 22, 2003 4:16 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Robin- Batman style gadgets.
Starfire- Incredible annoyingness and the ability to create a desire to kill her off!
Cyborg- Cybernetic abilities, powered by pure electricity (in his pants)
Raven- Telekensis, and healing abilities.
Beast Boy- Shape shifter.

Quote:
Gizmo's name-calling got old real fast. There's not much you can do without using profanity

Damn right. Anyway, I made a quick review on Toonzone.

Quote:
What happens when Batman and Sailor Moon have a love child? (Besides a lot of R-rated fanfiction)

Teen Titans, an anime/DC comics hybrid that is average in almost every sense. A perfectly functional, yet formulaic show. (with one problem, but I'll get to that later) Formulaic characters, formulaic villains (especially Deathstroke, not Slade, dammit!), formulaic plot. TT is best compared to RC cola, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just bland. Fine for kids under 11, but comic book fans (when they're done complaining about name and personality changes) and anime fans will think "been there, done that."

One exception- Starfire. She is hands down the most annoying thing ever in a modern DC animation. Annoying enough to make me want to shoot her with a shotgun, run her over with the Batmobile, and step on her with a Gundam. Someone, please, kill her off.

So TT gets a C, while Starfire gets an F-.

PostTue Jul 22, 2003 4:30 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Cyborg- Cybernetic abilities, powered by pure electricity (in his pants)

"I used to be called supervolt. Do you know who called me Black Vulcan?! Aquaman! Maybe I should call him whitefish"

This is by far my favorite Harvey Birdman so far. The comment by jace about being the bathwater and "Form of a washcloth". Were classic and completely off topic
PostTue Jul 22, 2003 6:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject: Jkyle.com
Robin's voice.. weird.

Puffy Ami Yumi theme? tEh AWESUM! TEEEEEEEN TITANS!

The little chibi scolding scene was fun too.

I think I'm the target audience of Raven at least. She's very Ruri (from Nadesico) in voice and actions.

Other than that, really weak. Why wouldn't Robin know who Deathstroke is?
PostTue Jul 22, 2003 10:26 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
From off the Toon Zone news ticker:
Quote:
Teen Titans was the most-watched Cartoon Network premiere ever with boys 6-11, the network says. Both the Saturday night premiere and the Sunday night repeat scored high ratings with kids and boys aged 2-11, as the show scored a 5.3 rating on Saturday with boys 6-11 and a 7.5 rating with the same group on Sunday night. Both ratings represented triple-digit increases over the same period last year, and the Sunday replay was the number one program in its time period among kids and boys 2-11 and kids and boys 6-11.

Now, any questions about who this series is aimed at? Wink
PostWed Jul 23, 2003 12:10 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
3 things.

1) Dini is working on Duck Dodgers.
It's Glen Mirikami or whatever his last name is that is working on TT.

2) Teen Titans IS geared to 8-10 year olds.
If you feel it's to young for you then that means you're not in their target range. They used the "huh factor" if it makes you think it's to hidden for a 8 year old. They wanted to messages to be fairly clear and consice.

3) Singer chick for Puffy was at the Con on the Teen Titans panel.
The head programming dude that was at the con is a big fan of puffy and he is the one who got her to do the theme song.

ok, four things.

4) This is how it works: Robin is the skater punk, Raven is the goth chick, Cyborg is the jock, Beastboy (changed from Changling-- due to eh huh factor) is the stupid hippy vegetarian, and Starfire is the foriegn exchange student. That is how the writers look at the characters; that is how they write for them. That is why Starfire says and suggests all that weird stuff, she doesn't know and needs to learn.

So in summary, you aren't the target audience, you watch it for the ass kicking (which CN dude demanded be in there), you listen for the j-pop, you know the archtypes the cahracters are based on. If you don't like any one of those I have two words for you: Don't watch.

Well if you don't like j-pop just skip the intro.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Jul 23, 2003 1:50 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
I MISSED IT! *Cries*

One more chance, at noon on Saturday.
http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=viewAll&showID=326561&show=Teen+Titans
PostWed Jul 23, 2003 2:36 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
So, of course, this is the Saturday that I have to work during the day . . .

At least I should be able to tape it. Though the way my VCR has been sounding for the past . . . year or so, it could die at any moment.

But thanks Nobu! You truly are the resident Truffle Pig^_^

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jul 23, 2003 10:52 am
m_mattimeo

Post subject:
Score! Props to Nobu! *bookmarks the site and links it to 10 places on desktop as a reminder*
PostWed Jul 23, 2003 4:13 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ah.. suddenly it makes sense now. I guess watching it recorded after watching Harvey Birdman was a weird combo.

Next time i watch it I will watch it in the same mind set as Pokemon
PostWed Jul 23, 2003 10:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
The commercials for Teen Titans just get on my nerves.
"fightin for the last sclice of pizza!! blah blah blah.." They make it look dumb.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 12:35 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Goldfinger2K wrote:
The commercials for Teen Titans just get on my nerves.
"fightin for the last sclice of pizza!! blah blah blah.." They make it look dumb.

peace

IT IS FOR 8 YEAR OLDS. Of course it seems dumb to you.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 4:44 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
So let us never speak of it again, and reserve all TT comments to Nick.com.
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 11:36 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: