нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Official Naruto Talkback
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Official Naruto Talkback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Gaara wrote:

i would like your opinion
You will never touch a woman.

If you do, you will have to disregard the meaning of consentual.
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 12:01 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I must say I thoroughly enjoyed that post
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 12:20 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
catchra234

Post subject:
I cant beleive that cartoon network would slaughter naruto this badly. Watch it in japanese and realize that all tone and meaning is lost by having people who have never read or understood the manga voice the episodes. I have been watching Naruto for 150 plus weeks and can not beleive this faux paux by toonami. I will be boycotting cartoon network and am advising all my freinds to do so as well. Im sorry if this offends people but i feel betrayed and outraged. They might as well rename it some thing else if they are going to change it that obviosly from the japanese versions.
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 4:08 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
Oh really? Just because it doesn't meet your 40-ft-high bar of almighty standards it is automatically crap? Guess what muchacho it had a good premire, and it's staying. Don't like it because the tone has been changed? though. Welcome to life fanboy, it's obviously been a while since you met reality.

I thought it was good for a dub. If it was japanese voices it would sound like UTTER crap to the general audience, so please take Naruto off your pedestal and put something better in its place.
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 4:42 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
catchra234 wrote:
Watch it in japanese and realize that all tone and meaning is lost by having people who have never read or understood the manga voice the episodes.
Because ALL actors in Japan are familiar with the source material.
catchra234 wrote:
Im sorry if this offends people but i feel betrayed and outraged.
I feel betrayed and outraged that your parents didn't take a look at their respective gene pools and decide to adopt rather than combine the two and hope for a miracle.
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 4:52 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd just like to remind everyone of Rule 3 before it gets out of hand... although:
catchra234 wrote:
I will be boycotting cartoon network and am advising all my freinds to do so as well.

Please tell me you didn't sign up for our forum just to post this. Razz

P.S.- JKyle FTW! Wink

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 5:36 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
SlimJim wrote:
Oh really? Just because it doesn't meet your 40-ft-high bar of almighty standards it is automatically crap? Guess what muchacho it had a good premire, and it's staying. Don't like it because the tone has been changed? though. Welcome to life fanboy, it's obviously been a while since you met reality.

I thought it was good for a dub. If it was japanese voices it would sound like UTTER crap to the general audience, so please take Naruto off your pedestal and put something better in its place.

Wow. This is the first post like this I've seen you post Slim. Seems like someone's been corrupted by Spook, Nubo, and myself . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 6:07 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
Nah I got the beast within complex now. I can flame just about anybody well. I think I've made people cry...
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 6:41 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm not talking about the flame, I'm talking about the dogma contained therein. The points of "stop thinking everything from Japan is superior" and "Stop thinking that dubbing is evil", I just haven't seen you express such things before. I'd like to blame me for this. ^_^

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 7:52 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
The good: TV-PG, sexy jitsu, 3rd Hokage's voice, the music.

The OK: Naruto's voice sounded off at first, but by the time episode 2 aired, I was getting used to it. The original opening and ending are gone, but it's not that big a deal. If you miss them that much, get them off TDA.

The bad: Nothing so far.

Overall I'm very impressed with the dub. See people, I'm looking at you 4Kids, this is how it should be done: make an uncut dub, then only edit what is necessary for TV.

Anyone who whines about the dub, just remember it could be much worse. 4Kids could have gotten it and used their archaic dubbing practices that should have died in the 1990s.

And if you still don't like it, don't watch it. Go back to your fansubs and bootleg DVDs and don't go whining about every little thing in the Toonami version.
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 10:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jackfrost

Post subject: Hate to break it to you, but...
The Toonami dub of Naruto DOES suck... big time. When the voice actors in a cartoon/anime can't even pronounce the MAIN CHARACTER'S name right, the show's headed nowhere fast. His name is pronounced na-RU-to, NOT NA-ru-to! I swear, Tom the robot host of Toonami was the only one on Cartoon Network saying it right, and he's not even in the stupid cartoon!!!

What a shame and a wasted opportunity to introduce a great anime to American audiences. Iruka sounded exactly the same as Mizuki and exactly the same as Kakashi, and NONE of the actors spoke with any EMOTION! It was pathetic and painful to watch. It sounded like they were reading the weather report, rather than saving each other's lives.

And even sadder is the inability of forums like this to accept opinions that DARE to criticize such crappy and sub-standard dubbing. The very fact that you'd actually have a rule AGAINST talking about something so vital to enjoying anime (the voices) and only allow posts praising it suggests that the voicework in the U.S. dub really ISN'T as good as many of you think, and you simply don't want such criticism expessed.

Which would explain why so few people have posted in this forum in the first place...
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 10:35 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well I can't speak for everyone here, but as for myself, either my standards for dubs are low, or your standards are too high.

As for the pronunciation of names like Naruto, sometimes it's the VAs / ADR director that doesn't know any better, and sometimes it's just differences between the English and Japanese languages.

Let me ask you this: do you get mad at people for saying Tokyo as toe-key-yo, even though the Japanese say it as toke-yo? It's just the difference between the two languages.

If the Toonami version of Naruto annoys you so much, don't watch it. Why torture yourself watching something you don't like?
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 11:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
We accept opinions here, in fact we encourage that form of thought. What we don't accept is out and out whining where it is uneccesary.

This high and mighty thinking of yours that everyone should be able to pronouce Naruto's name correctly from line one is absurd. You need to rezlize that a dub gets better over time. Yes they may say a word wrong, big deal it's just that: a word.

As far as people sounding the same, you'll need to explain yourself more. Iruka and Mizuki both had different VA's, so unless you're talking about tone then you have no argument. Also, with Kakashi, we've only heard one line and that was in a commercial bumper. I have learned you can't judge a VA by one line alone.

If you are aiming for ignorant perfectionalism, the you should've lived in Germany from 1938-1945. So cry more n00b.

You have been warned....
PostMon Sep 12, 2005 11:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jackfrost

Post subject:
Quote:
Well I can't speak for everyone here, but as for myself, either my standards for dubs are low, or your standards are too high.

Your standards are too low. I've listened to tons of dubbed anime and next to Yu-Gi-Oh and One Piece, the dubbing in Naruto is some of the weakest I've heard in a long time.

Quote:
As for the pronunciation of names like Naruto, sometimes it's the VAs / ADR director that doesn't know any better

If that's so, then why are they hired in the first place? Naruto has 150 episodes under its belt and his name's been pronounced the same way from day one. Either the people hired are completely tone deaf or they're simply lazy and don't care how it sounds.

Quote:
and sometimes it's just differences between the English and Japanese languages. Let me ask you this: do you get mad at people for saying Tokyo as toe-key-yo, even though the Japanese say it as toke-yo? It's just the difference between the two languages.

How can there be different pronunciations? It's a Japanese word and should be pronounced that way. Do you pronounce the name "José" joe-say instead of hoe-zay, simply because you might not be Hispanic? If so, you're going to sound like an idiot every time you say the word. It's one thing if you don't KNOW any better, but the people in charge of the Naruto dub are being PAID to know what they're doing!

They've got a ton of anime they can watch and learn the proper way to say the main characters' names and if they can't do it, due to laziness or other reasons, then hire someone who can! There's simply no excuse for such shoddy work, no matter how much you'd like to sugarcoat it.

Quote:
If the Toonami version of Naruto annoys you so much, don't watch it. Why torture yourself watching something you don't like?

With work this sloppy, why on Earth would I? Especially when the original (complete and much better) version is so readily available, with the original music. What makes it such a shame is that Naruto COULD have been as good as the Cowboy Bebop or FullMetal Alchemist dubs if VIZ and the voice actors involved cared enough to put some effort into what they were doing. As it is, they might as well have sold the rights to 4Kids for weekday afternoon kiddie fodder.

Quote:
This high and mighty thinking of yours that everyone should be able to pronouce Naruto's name correctly from line one is absurd.

Why? It's NEVER been pronounced any other way in the show! What's absurd is that you're defending something that's obviously being done WRONG and shouldn't be.

Quote:
You need to rezlize that a dub gets better over time. Yes they may say a word wrong, big deal it's just that: a word.

You've gotta be joking. It's the MAIN CHARACTER'S NAME! It's the name of the whole dang show! If they can't even get THAT right, what can they??? Shocked

Quote:
As far as people sounding the same, you'll need to explain yourself more. Iruka and Mizuki both had different VA's, so unless you're talking about tone then you have no argument.

Sure I do. They're too similar in tone and pitch. Close your eyes and have them arguing about the weather and can you tell who's who, just based on the voice? Not very easily... but you SHOULD.

One of the jobs of a voice actor is to make his character's voice distinctive from the others in the show. Goku DOESN'T sound anything like Krillin in DBZ, Spike sounds nothing like Jet in Bebop, and Iruka SHOULDN'T sound like Mizuki or Kakashi in NARUTO... no matter how short their lines are. They're completely different characters, with different motivations, feelings, etc. and their voices should CLEARLY reflect that to audiences.
We shouldn't be doing double-takes or have to wonder who's talking, just because the actors involved can't come up with an appropriate voice.

Quote:
Also, with Kakashi, we've only heard one line and that was in a commercial bumper. I have learned you can't judge a VA by one line alone.

With a major character as distinctive as Kakashi, you certainly SHOULD.

Quote:
If you are aiming for ignorant perfectionalism, the you should've lived in Germany from 1938-1945. So cry more n00b.

You have been warned....

How ironic... that's PRECISELY the kind of attitude one would expect in Nazi Germany. Rolling Eyes
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 2:25 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject: Re: Hate to break it to you, but...
jackfrost wrote:
Which would explain why so few people have posted in this forum in the first place...
No, that's because we don't encourage ignorance in the form of someone who can't even make ONE good point.

The Nazi comparison was a little out of line, but you did ignore the "No Narutards" as well as the no "Dub is Evil Philosphers" rule, you went out of your way to diss two other dub jobs in your statement about the dub. You so-called defense if your own taste in dubs and you lack any POSITIVE examples of dubbing?

That's not just haphazard and stupid but it's a glaring example of how you not only don't HAVE a point but the point you fail to make isn't even structured WELL.

Dumbass, you didn't even hear Kakashi speak in an episode, only interstitials.

I was concerned having heard Ebisu in previews sound like a badass, but having actually SEEN an episode he was in, Freeman nailed the pompous priss Ebisu is most of the time, as well as hinted at the badass we'll find out he is later.

You can't even make a call on Kakashi and have a leg to stand on.

So not only did you piss yourself with your supposed argument you did it lying face down with your mouth open.

The a in Naruto's name is an o in Japanese phonetics. Naw-Ru-To is fine. Not one person said the name wrong. Hell, not one Japanese word or term was said with anything less than meticulous care.

Konohamaru is another good example of that.

See? That's called making a point and providing support for it. Ask someone to show you an essay outline and explain it to you. They'll have to be very patient because they will undoubtedly be doing it VERY slowly.

Not one voice actor did more than one voice. YOU didn't make the distinction because you didn't want to.
You're just a lazy Narutard boy aren't you?
That's a DUMB boy.
Now watch the frisbee as I throw it!

So up until the end where I got disparaging for the sake of my own amusement, THAT is how you make an argument.

PissDrinker.

Oh and Jack Frost, that carrot and those pieces of coal are supposed to be your nose and eyes.

You should have someone pull them out of your ass before you make another post.
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 3:05 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: