нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - 'Tis better to give than receive... (Xmas 2006)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
'Tis better to give than receive... (Xmas 2006)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: 'Tis better to give than receive... (Xmas 2006)
... but bragging on receiving is what this annual thread's all about! Wink

So, you know what to do.

Unfortunately, this was the niece's 2nd Christmas celebration, which by apparent tradition, is the Year of the "Dora", so I don't have much to talk about.

Somebody cheer me up!
PostMon Dec 25, 2006 8:09 pm
LLG

Post subject:
awww! I'll try! Teh bono and I got lots of stuff we wanted (well, sorta) Smile
I got somesoundtrack cd's, he got settlers of catan, we also got tons of candy, and $80 dollars worth of gift cards for walmart, $60 dollars for panda express, and I got a $10 gift card for Boarders (to spend on manga) from my younger brother's girlfriend! It's been an aswesome christmas. I also helped make breakfast at (bono's) mom's house, open presents at his dad's house, and spend some holiday time with my family. The only other thing I could hope for is to find a place to live by the 31st. (After that Bono's and my lease is up, and we will be teh homeless. Sad ) but i'm sure we will. (if nothing else I will vie to become a sex phone oparator and make many monies. Smile ) Merry Christmas!
*also Hugs OP* ^_^
PostMon Dec 25, 2006 10:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Plenty of digital entertainment and even some stuff that doesn't require electricity...

---
PS2 Stuff:
- Guitar Hero Dual Guitar Gig Bag (holds two guitar controllers and two games)
- Guitar Hero II (with guitar controller)
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
- Ys: The Arc of Napishtim

Books:
- Keith Olbermann: The Worst Person in the World (and 202 Strong Contenders)

CDs:
- Axel Rudi Pell: Kings and Queens
- Boston: Walk On
- Creed: Weathered
- Eric Johnson: Ah Via Musicom
- Jimi Hendrix: Voodoo Child - The Jimi Hendrix Collection
- Queen: The Platinum Collection
- Steve Vai: The Infinite Steve Vai - An Anthology

DVDs:
- Samurai 7 (Vol. 1)
- The Last Samurai
- The Simpsons: The Complete Eighth Season
---

I'll be kept busy well into 2007. Happy Holidays everyone!

Last edited by JJc14 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Dec 26, 2006 12:33 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Games
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess(GC)
Final Fantasy XII: Collector's Edition(PS2)
Clubhouse Games(DS)
Yoshi's Island DS
Burnout Revenge(360)
Test Drive Unlimited(360)
Halo 2(Xbox)
PostTue Dec 26, 2006 7:32 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Every year, starting from around the time I was 14 or 15 (how the years have flown by), I've received less stuff. The overall value of the stuff I do get has increased greatly, but it's all in small packages and envelopes. Thus, I've realized the true meaning of Christmas:

It isn't the size of the gift that counts, but the size of the box the gift comes in that counts.

That's right kids. When you buy gifts for people, no matter how small they are, be it checks, gift cards, cash, a ring, a book, a green dress (but not a real green dress), a dvd, a fruitcake, or a hooker, put it in a huge box. You don't need one of those massive shipping containers from Evergreen or Sealand, but at least get a good sized box. It makes the tree look less empty and ensures that you're always giving a huge gift.

That said, as has probably been guessed, I got money. And a couple of shirts. And yes, the money all came in small envelopes (And the gifts I gave out were all placed in large boxes). But hey, it's frackton of money. Good times.
PostTue Dec 26, 2006 10:11 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
xkcd Sudo shirt
Craftsman tool set
Little Debbie smorgasbord
Katamari Damacy (for my PS3...it's my only PS* game)
8000 Wii Points
Wii messenger bag
2007 The Far Side Calendar
A Juniper Bonsai tree
An Eddy
Shirts, Jeans
A replacement Leatherman Micra

...and my woman got a Zune. Compliments of me. She hates it, and me.
PostWed Dec 27, 2006 1:24 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
DVD
Hellsing Ultimate vol 1
IGPX season 1

Music
4 Gig Ipod nano
Foo Fighters - Slin and Bones

books
.hack// Another Birth vol 2: //mutation_
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex volume 2: Revenge of the Cold Machines

Misc
25$ Best Buy Gift card
20$ B&N Gift card
10$ Target Gift Card
Calssic Skin for the Nintendo Wii

Games
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Collection
Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
Sega Genesis Collection (PS2)
Final Fantasy V (GBA)
Final Fantasy IV (GBA)
Magical Starsign (DS)

must admit that I was disappointed with the lack of manga... While I'm happy I got most of the games I wanted, I wouldn't have minded if they got me some more manga in place of a few games. But I guess a B&N Gift Card is nice. I actually got 4 books for Xmas, but both my younger sister and parents got me .hack// Another Birth vol 2. And my parents also picked up Vol 1 of the Scrapped Princess manga, Which I already have.

The only thing that surprised me was the 25$ Best Buy Gift card from my Grand Parents. Most of the time they get me some shirt I'll never wear in public.
PostSat Dec 30, 2006 10:30 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
A couple of neat space-wasters from Spencer's
5 D&D books
$200 Giftcard to Gamestop

compared to everyone else, I didn't get much....but I am glad it's more than nothing....
PostWed Jan 03, 2007 1:04 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
I got less then you FDD. Shanara book series, New cell phone. I didn't ask for anything though.

Just have to toss that out there so you don't feel to depressed.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostWed Jan 03, 2007 1:49 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: