нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Two Towers Tonight!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Two Towers Tonight!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I watched the 4-disc extended version of Fellowship this morning. The added footage helped me tie the two movies together. Saw Two Towers this afternoon. It rocked!
Poor Saruman. He sent his huge army to Helm's Deep so there wasn't enough to protect Isengard. Haw haw! Razz

Cooolcorey wrote:
1. Would it be better to read the books first, then watch the movies, or vice versa?
I'd see the movies first, then read the books. A friend of mine who read all three books complains that the movies screw up the books' story. I haven't read the last two books, so I have no gripe against the movies.

Cooolcorey wrote:
2. Are there books that take place before LOTR? And what are they?
The Hobbit tells about Bilbo's adventure and how he comes to find the ring.

Cooolcorey wrote:
3. How many books are there in the entire thing?
Three, not counting The Hobbit.

Cooolcorey wrote:
4. Are the games any good?
I haven't played any of the games so I wouldn't know.

I suggest you see the expanded version of Fellowship, then see The Two Towers. You won't be sorry.
PostMon Dec 23, 2002 11:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
1. Depends. The books are extremely wordy. I couldn't get through them. There are a LOT of details abou scenery and such . . . Either you like the books, or you don't. But even if you don't, you could still like the story, hence seeing the movie is a good idea. But DEFFINIETLY see Fellowship of the Ring first. The 3 LotR books aren't really separate. Fellowship just, sorta, ends without an ending. Really, they're one long book. Thus, seeing them out of order would be bad.

2. The Hobbit comes before LotR. I DID read that book. Again, really wordy. There is an animated Hobbit movie you can find, if you really want to. It isn't nessicary that you read this before LotR, it's just good backround. But they explain most of it in LotR.

3. This is debatable, since, again, the books aren't really separate. But if you include the Hobbit, and don't go into a discusion about whether there is one, or 3, or even 6 blah blah blah, then there are 4 books.

4. Wouldn't know, haven't played the games. Heard mixed things about them, but mostly good.

EDIT: Damn you Beefy, you beat me to the punch.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Dec 23, 2002 11:08 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
There's nothing wrong with both of us answering. Maybe it'll stick better.

Something tells me Saruman is now very pissed off. Smile
PostMon Dec 23, 2002 11:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Thanks guys. The very vast majority of the people at my school are NOT interested in anime, Lord of the Rings, or GameCube, except for one person, so I don't have a whole lot of people to ask questions to. I'll see if he'll let me borrow his Fellowship DVD. Thanks again.
PostMon Dec 23, 2002 11:30 pm
The_Nightweaver

Post subject:
Well, what in the world ARE they interested in? Sports? I watch sports but I don't talk about sports. What kind of dense children go to your school?
PostTue Dec 24, 2002 12:42 am
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
They're mostly interested in sports and their damn dirty PS2's which I wouldn't mind having...
PostTue Dec 24, 2002 12:54 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Ok, that's the 3rd time I've seen MST3K in the past 2 days and I have no clue what it stands for . . .

Mystery Science Theater 3000.
PostTue Dec 24, 2002 3:01 am
GoufCustom

Post subject:
I saw TTT tonight. Amazing movie. Just fuckin' brilliant, now that I keep on reflecting.

What about the Sillmarion?
PostTue Dec 24, 2002 4:19 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
GoufCustom wrote:

True, it's set before LOTR, but it's not necessary to read it; in fact I don't recommend reading it unless you become a hardcore Tolkien fan with A LOT of time on your hands. It's really dense and hard to work through. Took me a year to figure it all out. YMMV. Wink
PostTue Dec 24, 2002 5:08 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
The_Nightweaver wrote:
Well, what in the world ARE they interested in? Sports? I watch sports but I don't talk about sports. What kind of dense children go to your school?

Ah Nightweaver how I've missed your insults ^^
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostTue Dec 24, 2002 9:13 am
GoufCustom

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
GoufCustom wrote:

True, it's set before LOTR, but it's not necessary to read it; in fact I don't recommend reading it unless you become a hardcore Tolkien fan with A LOT of time on your hands. It's really dense and hard to work through. Took me a year to figure it all out. YMMV. Wink

Thanks, Nobuyuki, but what IS the Sillmarion about?
PostTue Dec 24, 2002 9:48 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
From what I can remember, a history of the First Age of Middle-Earth and the Elves. Foundation-building for the universe. All the Elven legends they wrote songs about are detailed. Confused
My sister is the expert in the family. Smile
PostTue Dec 24, 2002 9:59 am
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
dillpops wrote:
The_Nightweaver wrote:

Ah Nightweaver how I've missed your insults ^^

I didn't take it as an insult, because I'm not part of that group Very Happy
PostTue Dec 24, 2002 11:20 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't think sensible people take them as insults ^^
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostTue Dec 24, 2002 2:13 pm
The_Nightweaver

Post subject:
Just a thought: I find it friggin' AMAZING that an old English Catholic guy like J.R.R. Tolkien could write such wonderfully cool shit. It's like going to your local nursing home and visiting a patient, only to find out they have the entire NGE collection under their bed, and a GameCube hooked up to their TV.
PostTue Dec 24, 2002 2:15 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: