нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Civil Unions
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Civil Unions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject: Civil Unions
There has been a lot of political controversy recently. Clarke's book on the terroism threats, Condoliza Rice's testemony on said threats and such, no Osama to be found, still no WMDs, environmental issues, issues with the national Budget and growing dept, medicare, and the list goes on and one.

However, there is one issue that no one, really, could have predicted. That would be the newly heated issue of Civil Unions. That would be a legal joining of a man and a man, or of a woman and a woman. The Church hates it, Schwarztenagger hates it, Bush almost hates it . . . in short, it's something that has caused a lot of protests and anger and controversy in a very short amount of time.

So, I ask you. What are you thoughts?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 10:57 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
I can't say I have much on this, I'd have to research it more. I WILL however say that Homosexuality in general is against my religion, along with "furries" and bestiality. It's your choice however, and if you wanna get married to the same sex by all means. However, leave us in peace and don't rant about how right you are. I say we move them all to montana(j/k about montana)
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 11:00 pm
primalbliss

Post subject:
Very Simple, Why do people form union's? One person finds another with a common bond and one becomes two. This thought comes to mind, one thought, one army. I think unions are a way for the little person to be heard because there are so many of them. I am not part of a union, or have ever been. I like them because I am always for the underdog, and when you have big wigs against you I am all for exposing their bald plates.

As for the joining of the same sexes I have this to say and I will stick to it until the end. You only have one life to live and that's your own. Who are you to tell another how to live THEIR life when you should be worrying about yours? I can give advice and opinions, but what two men or two women want to do between them is their business and theirs alone. I am all for same sex marriages, I guess this would be a good time to mention I am atheist. And let's stay off religion; I get enough of those debates. I only mentioned it to state my point further.

I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale, if you look at the ratings now it is #2 behind San Fran for most gay people. I don't practice their way of life, but who am I to condemn them? I have gay friends; they are people too and have the same problems if not more. I think they get enough shit; the government should give them at least this one break. It all boils down to oppression. If people in power don't like what you say or your actions they will try to stifle it, Civil Unions are a way for those lower people to fight back.
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 11:37 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Easy Solution:
Same-Sex Common-Law Marriages.
All the legal stuff with no messy church service.
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 12:05 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
TylerL wrote:
Easy Solution:
Same-Sex Common-Law Marriages.
All the legal stuff with no messy church service.

seconded.
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 1:08 am
primalbliss

Post subject:
A third vote here.
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 10:43 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I really have no problem with how a person lives their life. With that said I'll agree with Tyler
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 2:32 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i'm rather ignorant on the topic, since gay marriage will have absolutely no impact on the way i live my life, so i haven't really cared either way...

that said, i'm somewhat against banning it outright from a federal level...i'm not seeing it having a major impact to the economic/social/whatever well-being of the populace, so shouldn't it be up to the individual states to decide what should be done?

[note: edited for clarity]
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 3:11 pm
primalbliss

Post subject:
JJc14, how right you are. It should be up to the states to decide. The thing is it goes against most peoples morals that have the power to ban it. They say church and state/politics are seperate, but this issue clearly exploits that lie.

I don't think Bush will get re-elected because of this issue.
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 4:47 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
i'm rather ignorant on the topic, since gay marriage will have absolutely no impact on the way i live my life, so i haven't really cared either way..

It's the same here...

Quote:
I don't think Bush will get re-elected because of this issue.

I doubt this would be the only thing that kept Bush from getting re-elected.
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 5:30 pm
primalbliss

Post subject:
Quote:
I doubt this would be the only thing that kept Bush from getting re-elected.

Agreed, but he still has a lot of support. I have no idea why but it's still true.

Ya know I haven't heard from Counter yet, where is your response?
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 5:51 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
SlimJim wrote:
I can't say I have much on this, I'd have to research it more. I WILL however say that Homosexuality in general is against my religion [snip]

No, it's not. No no no no no no no no no. Nono, nonono, nono nonono NO.

When's the last time you ate shellfish? Of any sort. Are you morally against it? No? Because in the SAME BOOK of the Old Testament that it mentions homosexuality, it speaks out against eating shellfish (I'm serious.). Do you eat kosher? Do you live by the laws set out by Moses? Basically, do you live your life as a Jew?

You don't?

Then how can you say your religion is against homosexuality.

YOU CAN"T, that's how.

Shut up and listen before you get pissed at me.

At the time of Jesus, the Jews had made laws upon laws upon laws and sub laws and sub laws for the sub laws. Jesus refined the laws. He made things simpler, and redirected people in the right direction, giving the one golden rule that is the core of our religion "Do onto others as they should do onto you". He shifted focus away form the letter of the law, and instead to loving people.
And he never spoke out about homosexuality. EVER. And Christians are supposed to take his word above all else, no?

ALSO, the whole purpose of a religion is to give people a sense of morality and a community. If a religion is condescending of anyone, it isn't a religion.

An action is a sin because it is wrong. An action is not wrong because it is a sin. Meaning, things are sins because they are objectively morally wrong.

If you can explain to me RIGHT NOW, right this moment, how being gay is a sin, wihout using the bible as a shield or simply saying the idea of it skeaves you out, then you have a right to speak up. But from what I've seen, it isn't possible.

I am for civil unions. I'm not for gay marriages. Why? Because a civil union grants all (ALL. PERIOD. Only difference is the name. I HAVE looked into this. Doing a project on it for school and was told this by a judge.) rights that a marriage does. And they should have the same rights. I think it should be harder to get married or a civil union for the sole reason that there's a 50% divorce rate and I think tha'ts appalling.

I was really hoping there would be someone here against it, but I didn't think there would be. It seems that for the most part, young people are for civil unions and old old people are against. *Shrug.*

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 7:13 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
we do watch anime... that is morally wrong in the old people's opinion...

what do you expect from a bunch of heretics CP?

oh and on the subject of Bush getting reelcted...

Check Here if you think nuclear should be changed to nucular
| | Bush
Check here if you passed high school
| | Whoever else... (i have no idea on poly-tics)
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 9:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
We all do many things we should not do (>_>)
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 9:22 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
my bad CP, i forgot about that part
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 9:48 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: