нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - ....what happend here?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
....what happend here?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject: ....what happend here?
This place is dead man!...WHAT happend People post like once every three days...? not even...There is like no life here anymore. I am looking at some recent threads...and they are all dead..been dead for months.

I remember this place used to always be bustling especially when we were at TDA instead....I know I didn't do anythign to help the situation, but what happend...I just post in short spurts, but everytime before there were alwasy people here...but I just wonder what happend?
PostSun Mar 04, 2007 4:09 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
There's no "one" reason why things died down around here, but in my opinion, the Infolink message board never got that 'surge' of new posters that stuck around like the T:DA board had in its heyday. Unfortunately, the older members had to deal with more in life over the years (high school grads to college, college grads to the real world), and as they started leaving, we didn't have enough of a second-generation to carry on around here. You can sorta tell the "changing of the guard" never happened as every current moderator and reporter dates back to the old board, which crashed over four years ago...

That isn't to say we're completely dead. Nobuyuki and Daikun still keep the community up-to-date on happenings in the industry, and we do get some good new members from time to time. Unfortunately, the dearth in activity keeps them from staying (you really can't blame 'em), and the cycle just repeats itself...

We'll never get back to how things were in 2001-2003, but I'd like to think the board will eventually get its second wind. How that would happen exactly, I'm not too sure about. Any ideas?
PostMon Mar 05, 2007 12:40 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
We'll never get back to how things were in 2001-2003, but I'd like to think the board will eventually get its second wind. How that would happen exactly, I'm not too sure about. Any ideas?

Remake the place into an "upscale" version of 4chan and similar websites?
PostMon Mar 05, 2007 1:31 am
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
Yeah, I see what you mean there was no hand over, and life does get in the way that is why I only come about ...once every two yr's or so, but thats fine this place will come back from time to time, hopefully we get a second wind soon. I mean this is the 1st time I have seen anime on toonami that I have watched from torrents ie PoT, Gundam Seed(which was a few yrs ago but still), ...ect, AS keeps on taking all the good stuff, I am kind of suprised toonami is doing so good still, maybe they should pick up HnG or something....naruto seems to be the thing that is carrying it, and I think AS should have picked it up instead so we could see more....They should really go get HnG...thats one of my favs and it is perfect for kids...or like full moon or i dunno. I am not sure MAR is going to cut it....it never did that well in japan...I mean it did not do bad, but not do up to par.

I am down, but then we would only be able to accept 18+ members...which would be a drag.
PostMon Mar 05, 2007 1:46 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Gonna' ignore that "Naruto should be on AS" nonsen
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz wrote:
They should really go get HnG...

They can't. Hikaru no Go's TV rights are held by ImaginAsian TV.
PostMon Mar 05, 2007 2:18 am
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
Ahh, I don't pay attention to who licenses the anime, but that is good to know. I am assuming that is why some good anime never end up on toonami....

man this is depressing I have been posting the last 2-3 days...and I only see the same few people, I am going to go cry.

I was reading about how we all beat on the newbs back in 2003...even though I don't remember it because it was most likely one of the months this site never cross my mind, WHY did we push all the newbies away!!! NO!
PostMon Mar 05, 2007 12:59 pm
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject: Re: Gonna' ignore that "Naruto should be on AS" no
They can't. Hikaru no Go's TV rights are held by ImaginAsian TV.[/quote]
I messed up the quote....sorry
I never knew HnG was on jetstream...?I don't even know when jetstream is on....or what it is. Is it just the site where u can stream videos?...Sorry I have been ignorant of the toonami ways for about 2 years.
PostMon Mar 05, 2007 5:35 pm
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
Not us, no. Toonami is the one steaming the videos for our viewing pleasure. We can't put anything of our own up, just watch what the have. They post a new episode of each show for every week, though that doesn't always hold true, and it stays for week until a new one is put up, but they always have 4-5 episodes at a time. When they get a new one, they take off the oldest of the 4 or 5.

And may I ask, why the sudden return? What brought you back? I wasn't here far back enough to know you were a member.
PostWed Mar 07, 2007 2:30 pm
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
thanks, I figured out what it was when I went to the site, played around with it a bit.

Well I first joined way back in the day when we were toonami Digital Arsenal in like 2000 mayb I don't remember maybe late 90's or mayb it was just 2001 ...because of my cousin ..Chon...some of the older members would remember him. I went back and forth between posting and not posting until infolink came around...and I didn't join immediately, I joined about a month after this came around and posted here comming back and forth for about a year or two...and then I Totally stopped.

Then this week, I was really sick with the flu. So I was watching TV in my dorm room..and ended up watching toonami...and was like lets go see how everyone at infolink is doing and I came back!..and now I am going through a faze of posting a lot...which will most likely last only for another week or two, and then you may not see me for a few months again.
PostWed Mar 07, 2007 8:01 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chon.. I remember that bastard.. HE OWES ME MONIES!!!1

Really tho I'm talking to him on AIM right now <.<

I think I'll necro a few threads ^.^

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostWed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
What are you talking about? I'm not dead yet.
PostThu Mar 22, 2007 12:04 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
God, this place has really slowed down... What the hell happened to everyone? I know I left a couple years back because work pretty much sapped the life outta me (plus I never got to watch Toonami after they moved it to Saturdays), but geez...

It's good to see some hardcore nerds are still in this place...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 1:16 am
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
Who are you calling a nerd!?

*JP aims a mirror at Dread*

Oh.. right..

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostThu Mar 29, 2007 2:11 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
As Forrest Gump said about Shit so too does life happen.

Also, I stopped watching TV for anime a while back, since my wife is actually at home rather than school like she was in undergrad, it would bother her studying.

And I was never geeky enough into the anime to discuss it with other people... I'm just a computer geek.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSat Mar 31, 2007 9:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
*cough* /waves

Poor TDA, I miss you so. You were my very first internet forum and all thanks to a little show called Gundam Wing. I was so in love with the show I wanted to find out what this whole anime thing was. So I signed up and started lurking. I remember being so afraid to post because of what stfalcon or tyler would say if I said something stupid. I think my very first post was a thread about Toonami getting the rights to show Mobile Suit Gundam. With the help of everyone here I was able to get a much broader knowledge of the world of animation, anime or otherwise. Since then we've gamed together, worked on websites, and become good friends. You guys and this website was my main hangout for middle school and high school.

I've got two more years of undergrad education in History/Music/English/Too much other stuff, and then it's off to either Japan and gradschool, whichever comes first.

As for this board dying, well that was to be expected. We were always a sort of close-knit group and it was hard for new people to feel needed. Our topics became repeditive with so few people who wanted to post. If a new anime came out, or CN was doing a new promotion we'd make a topic about it, put our two cents in and that'd be that. Beyond saying "this show is great, I hope they don't screw up the dub" or "wow I'm so glad cn got this show" no one said much. I think this board served its purpose, but who knows maybe there's life in it yet.

*EDIT* Oh Yeah and click on this banner because you want to see me happy */EDIT*

The ninja squirrel is your friend CLICK HIM EVERY DAY BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME
PostSat Jun 09, 2007 5:19 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: