нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News II
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
In Denver, a federal judge has ordered four companies to stop selling cleaned-up edits of Hollywood films, finding that the practice violates federal copyright law, Variety reports.

The decision by Judge Richard P. Matsch ends this chapter in a four-year legal battle that began when Utah-based CleanFlicks issued a preemptive suit against the DGA and 16 leading directors, which included guild prexy Michael Apted, Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese — hoping to obtain a positive court ruling allowing them to alter films.

The DGA then convinced the Hollywood studios to join the action as defendants and issue a counterclaim.

In a 16-page ruling, the judge stated CleanFlicks, Family Flix, CleanFilms and Play It Clean Video violate the studios' rights as copyright holders "to control the reproduction and distribution of the protected work in their original form."

"It is particularly gratifying that the court recognized that this conduct is not permitted under copyright laws," Apted said in a statement. "Audiences can now be assured that the films they buy or rent are the vision of the filmmakers who made them and not the arbitrary choice of a third-party editor."

"No matter how many disclaimers are put on the film, it still carries the director's name," he added. "So we have great passion about protecting our work, which is our signature and brand identification, against unauthorized editing."

The companies claimed that the doctrine of "fair use" gave them the right to edit the films. CleanFlicks said it would appeal. Matsch also ordered the businesses to hand over their inventories to the studios within five days.

CleanFlicks and Family Flix edited sanitized versions of movies, while CleanFilms and Play It Clean Video retailed the altered versions.

Matsch's ruling only affects the films selling or producing the altered versions of the films but not companies selling software that skips and mutes parts of movies on DVD. In a ruling last year, Matsch dismissed all claims filed by the DGA and studios against ClearPlay over its software that filters adult language and content from DVDs.

That ruling came four months after President Bush signed the Family Entertainment Copyright Act, a package of antipiracy measures. Despite Hollywood's objections, the act included the Family Movie Act language that made technology to skip over a movie's video or audio content legal.

ClearPlay CEO Bill Aho said in a statement that he opposed Matsch's latest ruling, "While it may be good for ClearPlay Inc., it's bad for parents. Moms and dads need all the help they can get to protect their kids, and these companies were providing a valuable service."
PostSat Jul 15, 2006 10:09 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
BWAHAHAHA!

Sony Kills Off UMD Movies
July 14, 2006
By Alice Hill, RealTechNews

This should not be coming as a huge surprise, but the demise of Sony’s UMD format for movies is going away faster than the Mini Disc got shelved for music. This week Sony quietly announced a new entertainment pak called the Memory Stick Entertainment Packs (MSEP) that contained movies on a Sony Memory stick, and many paused to wonder what that meant for the UMD. And now it is official.

Sales of movies on the PSP’s once-hot proprietary format have slowed to a trickle, causing several major movie studios to cease supporting it. In March, the Hollywood Reporter ran an article claiming that the home-entertainment divisions of Universal Studios and Paramount Pictures have “completely stopped” releasing films on the format, and other studios have been cutting back their release slates.

Perhaps more disturbing for Sony were unconfirmed reports that retail colossi Wal-Mart and Best Buy were scaling back UMD displays in their stores. This week, speculation turned into reality when Target decided to discontinue stocking UMDs entirely. A manager at a San Francisco Bay Area Target outlet told GameSpot, “We no longer carry PSP movies. We stopped carrying them nationwide.”

In typical Sony fashion, moving to the Memory Stick Duo as a movies release platform makes more sense, but the execution is convoluted and expensive. The 1GB version is $60 and the 2GB version $100, and you only get what look to be lame Sony Pictures releases (Hitch, S.W.A.T., The Grudge, or XXX: State of the Union??)- not much of a catalogue. To make matters worse, Sony steps down the resolution to 240x320 instead of the nicer 480x272 the PSP can do. Meanwhile, most people are simply converting DVDs to MPEG-4 and copy movies onto the PSP with a simple USB cable. Don’t expect this new move to change that.
PostSun Jul 16, 2006 5:06 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
That's about what I expected from Sony's UMD platform. Although I actually purchased two UMD movies (Ninja Scroll and Ghost in the Shell), I didn't really see the format going anywhere(especially for multi disc anime series). Hmm...Could this be a foreshadowing of the PS3's Blue Ray format?
PostSun Jul 16, 2006 5:27 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Good ole Blue Ray. How Sony shot itself in the foot.

What was the PS2's killer app? No it wasn't games. It was an inexpensive DVD player that happened to play games. And it killed Dreamcast and Nintendo because it played them.

With Blue Ray and HD-DVD still fighting it out its different. The standalone versions of those players are heading towards the $500 range right now. And if you know that. Then the the price of the PS3 doesn't look so bad.

But people don't think of the PS2 as a DVD with game system anymore. They think of it as a gaming system. So Sony made a mistake trying to do this twice.
PostSun Jul 16, 2006 9:44 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Pirates 2 crushes record previously held by Aquaman.
PostTue Jul 18, 2006 2:39 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wow Aquaman made $115 in its opening weekend. How did I miss that. Can i get it on Netflix?
PostTue Jul 18, 2006 8:27 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ben & Jerry's dedicates its latest ice cream flavor to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, complete with flying cows and shrubberies!

http://www.benandjerrys.com/our_products/flavorWorld.cfm

Click "What's New Lagoon" and scroll down with the "More" arrow.
PostWed Jul 19, 2006 8:10 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
You've got the touch... you've got the power!

Very Happy Cool
PostFri Jul 21, 2006 9:04 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Online store Amazon.com to become a movie production studio.
PostThu Jul 27, 2006 7:06 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok Nobu both are removed by request of their owners. So we dont even know what they were.

And I've seen a small scale version. But would someone like to post the Peterbuilt Optimus from the movie with the flames?

And I agree with Micheal Bay, god help me, that in order for Optimus Prime to have the height he needed a bigger truck then a cab over. But the flames... well you know
PostThu Jul 27, 2006 7:09 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Ok Nobu both are removed by request of their owners. So we dont even know what they were.

We've been out-Foxed from watching the Simpsons Movie animatics that were shown at San Diego. Crying or Very sad

For the record, they were hilarious.
PostThu Jul 27, 2006 11:23 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15774

Batman Sequel Title & Casting Confirmed!
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
July 31, 2006

As a follow up to last year's blockbuster Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan is set to direct Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dark Knight, written by Jonathan Nolan, based on a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. The film will be produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan. Additionally, Christian Bale will resume his role as Bruce Wayne and Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has been cast as The Joker. The announcements were made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

"Chris' unique vision is what made Batman Begins such an outstanding film and we could not imagine anyone else at the helm of The Dark Knight," said Robinov. "We also can't wait to see two such formidable actors as Christian and Heath face off with each other as Batman and The Joker."

"I'm excited to continue the story we started with Batman Begins," added Nolan. "Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be incredible."

Production is set to begin on The Dark Knight in early 2007.
PostMon Jul 31, 2006 10:24 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Heath Ledger as the Joker?! OK i would have laughed at choosing Mark Hamil for his voice. But Jokers not that young. He's an older gangster and when did we last see Heath with a sense of humor?

Well we wont get to see anything until 2008 with him as the Joker.

IMDB is reporting that JJ Abrams is producing and directing Star Trek XI. And that Matt Damon is set to star as James T Kirk.

Its from IMDB so take it with a grain of salt
PostTue Aug 01, 2006 8:05 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Leo Laporte to restore TechTV.
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 12:37 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Leo does a ton of podcasting right now. And I'm not sure Ziff Davis will let Patrick Norton out of their sites as well. Given how much they have invested in DL.TV. Plus even Digg has its own investers to answer to now as well

I wish them the best of luck. Even if its just for a one time thing. Because G4 is crap for shows outside of XPlay
PostTue Aug 22, 2006 7:58 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

Jump to: