нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - BRING BACK THE GOOD ANIME!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
BRING BACK THE GOOD ANIME!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
Toonami needs to put back on some major goodies!! They should put Batman, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, Ronin Warriors, Superman, Outlaw Star, Big O, and Batman Beyond back on! they should also bring back all of the Zoids series.
PostTue Oct 26, 2004 10:58 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
You see, there's a problem with putting on Zoids and Ronin Warriors: they get no ratings. Only a very small number of Toonami viewers watched these shows. All the others you mentioned did pretty good though--and all of them have been off the block for long enough that they'd probably do good again.
PostTue Oct 26, 2004 12:37 pm
just

Veteran

Post subject:
Do you think that Hamtaro should be put back on Toonami?
PostTue Oct 26, 2004 1:18 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:

PostTue Oct 26, 2004 2:58 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
darkness88 wrote:
Toonami needs to put back on some major goodies!! They should put Batman, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, Ronin Warriors, Superman, Outlaw Star, Big O, and Batman Beyond back on! they should also bring back all of the Zoids series.

New Batman eps are showing on other channels. Don't be suppriesed if CN aquires them in the not too distant future. It isn't likely to be on Toonami though.

--Sailor Moon will not return to television; this is due to the fact that Toei is not renewing any licences. What they do with the licences in the future is unclear, but it will take years to relicence Sailor Moon if they decide to let Sailor Moon continue. Also, even though all 4 dubed seasons aired on television. Only the first two seasons recieved ratings high enough to warrent more runs. That's why only the first two seasons aired in syndication.
--Gundam Wing is old.
--Ronin Warriors has been covered.
--Superman is pretty much covered in Justice League and I don't know of any new things coming.
--Outlaw Star is old and didn't capture their target audience. It ran for on Adult Swim back in the early days.
--Big O, again no ratings. Sean Atkins talks about Big O, as well as Inu Yasha and Gundam Wing in the interview linked from the main page.
--Batman Beyond, I have no idea where this went too.

The vast majority of these shows also have one very major item that will prevent them from showing in the foreseeable future. They are old; they don't look new and that is all it takes to get most TV viewers to change the channel.
PostTue Oct 26, 2004 8:51 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
the new The Batman series is slated to hit CN 6 months after it's original airing on WB, it's the same deal but in reverse that they had with Teen Titans.
PostTue Oct 26, 2004 10:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
I only caught about 4 minutes of one episode of The Batman, but I thought it was pretty good.
PostWed Oct 27, 2004 2:16 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I go back and forth on The Batman. I mean I like the nod to old time fans with using the old TV logo. But it feels way to Toyorific! (tm) for its own good. And it breaks from some batman things.

And ok hate me for this but without Mark Hamil as the joker it just doesnt feel right. And Catwoman was far better looking in the TAS.

Excuse me while i go hug my TAS:Season 1 DVD's

Oh yeah and about the comment on Catwoman. Yes i know you cant have sex with a toon. Thank you Mr Pitt you will never live up being in that movie because that quote will never die.
PostThu Dec 02, 2004 4:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
I have to get used to batman's voice right now, it's not like the other one. I like to hear bats sound threatening.
PostFri Dec 03, 2004 2:23 pm
duo337

Post subject:
New toonami is pretty cool, I will give it that. But it is nothing comparied to the old school. I am fairly sure they took toonami off MTWTHF just to promote there own shows and not so much anime... I really don't like that. For that reason, I really don't watch toonami or cartoon network all that much anymore. They had the licences to all these great anime shows and just threw them all away... good game corp. America. heh.
PostSat Dec 18, 2004 12:31 pm
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
I will reply the same way as I did on the Gundam Wing post:

Berserk_Fury wrote:
well said duo337, that is exactly what I want as well.
PostSat Dec 18, 2004 6:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually they took toonami off weekdays for a lot of reasons. Not the least of which was that it was 2 hours of usually some Dragonball series.
PostSun Dec 19, 2004 8:48 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
I thought of something that might help the "ratings" that you all worry about. Keep Toonami on saturday for another 3 months or so. Then get some good anime and move it onto the weekdays. Right now I heard that toonami went up in rating and it might get even better after this. I might be wrong though, this is just my oppinion.
PostSun Dec 19, 2004 3:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Berserk_Fury wrote:
I thought of something that might help the "ratings" that you all worry about. Keep Toonami on saturday for another 3 months or so. Then get some good anime and move it onto the weekdays. Right now I heard that toonami went up in rating and it might get even better after this. I might be wrong though, this is just my oppinion.

It's not just raw "ratings" numbers, they want to draw different demographics (more girls) for the weekday afternoons, and Miguzi does exactly what they want it to do.

Weekday Toonami is dead, and has been since April. You can't live stuck in the past, move on already.
PostSun Dec 19, 2004 7:12 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
No Nobu if we start 50 new threads on this and how uber Drabonball is. And how bad things suck now with Cartoon Network. Ignoring Full Metal Alchemist, Kenhin, Gundam Seed and others.

What we need is weekday Dragonball, SailorMoon, DBZ, and Hamtaro. Oh yeah and Gundam Wing!!

Damn it i want the old days! I want repeats of repeats. I want Bebop 3 times a day so i can see the same 26 episodes in 1 week.
PostWed Dec 22, 2004 1:01 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: