нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News II
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Perhaps they should find a new business model instead of crying about their current one being technologically obsolete.
PostWed Nov 24, 2004 12:13 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
A new bill before Congress could make fast-forwarding through ads and previews on a DVD you watch at home illegal.

The bill allows for technology that lets families edit out explicit scenes or material. But broadcast companies have lobbied hard to keep commercials and movie trailers off-limits.

"Their concern is, if it becomes easy for people to skip ads, then their whole business model goes down the drain," said Gigi Sohn, of Public Knowledge, a Washington, D.C. advocacy group.

Media executives said their goal is not to throw people in jail for skipping ads, but they are trying to protect the motion picture business.

so how is that different from fast-forwarding a vcr tape with previews?
PostWed Nov 24, 2004 1:09 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:

I asked myself that very same question when I read that article last night. Confused
PostWed Nov 24, 2004 6:31 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:

Because they can lock out your DVD player's FF controls with a little piece of code, whereas they can't control your VCR for you. Wink

And DVD is where the money is.
PostWed Nov 24, 2004 6:41 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Because they can lock out your DVD player's FF controls with a little piece of code, whereas they can't control your VCR for you. Wink

And DVD is where the money is.

We were asking in a legal sense, not technological.
PostWed Nov 24, 2004 11:44 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
plus, DVD is where the money is now, they weren't worried about people fast forwarding back when VHS was where the money was were they?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Nov 25, 2004 12:00 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Legally, or rather objectively- there isn't any difference, just that now thay have a means to control it (which wasn't available before), and they're apparently not afraid to use it.

I think it sucks, too. *cough*damnFunimation*cough*

Wasn't there something in the news last week about TiVO flashing "banner ad" style screens when you fast-forward through the commercial breaks?
PostThu Nov 25, 2004 12:05 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Godzilla Gets Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Godzilla received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Monday, 50 years after he stomped onto movie screens and hours before the premiere of his latest film, ``Godzilla: Final Wars.''

Producer Shogo Tomiyama appeared at a ceremony outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre, where the 2,271st star is located.

``I'm here representing Godzilla. Unfortunately, he cannot speak English,'' he said. ``We're very excited he is being honored in America.''

On screen, the fire-breathing sea creature was spawned by nuclear weapons testing. He made his appearance in Japanese theaters in November 1954 - while the United States was conducting nuclear tests in the South Pacific.

A version starring Raymond Burr made it to theaters in the United States two years later.
PostTue Nov 30, 2004 2:06 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
W00t! Mr. Green Goooooooo Godzilla!
PostWed Dec 01, 2004 1:50 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cassavetes pumped for "Iron Man"
Tue November 30, 2004 04:56 AM ET

By Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Nick Cassavetes, who directed New Line Cinema's tearjerker hit "The Notebook," is in negotiations to direct "Iron Man," the studio's adaptation of the Marvel Comics character.

In the comic, Iron Man's real identity is that of billionaire industrialist Tony Stark, who develops an armoured suit that lets him fly and shoot "repulsor rays." The comic debuted in the 1960s, and Iron Man's origin involved Stark being a prisoner of the Viet Cong. The comic evolved into Stark fighting spies, both political and industrial, while also battling alcoholism.

The movie, written by David Hayter, Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, will reflect modern technological, political and societal trends. Cassavetes, also a screenwriter, will do a polish.

Cassavetes, whose directorial work includes the emotionally charged, modestly budgeted features "John Q" and "She's So Lovely," does not have a resume that automatically suggests him as the helmer of a big-budget, effects-heavy comic book franchise.

But Marvel Studios chief Avi Arad, one of the producers, doesn't see him as an unusual choice.

"Do you remember what Bryan Singer did before 'X-Men'?" Arad asked, noting that Singer directed the character-based "Apt Pupil" before the hit super-hero film and its sequel.

"That was considered an odd choice. Sam Raimi directed 'A Simple Plan' and 'The Gift' before 'Spider-Man.' We have a good track record of getting directors that get the material. ('Iron Man') is a huge movie, with big action and incredible technology, but without understanding and loving Tony Stark, then all the money in the world isn't going to get you where you want to go. It all starts with the emotional mix."

Arad said many directors that would seem to be more obvious choices to helm an action movie were discounted because they didn't have a strong emotional take on the project.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
PostFri Dec 03, 2004 12:32 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Go Marvel! Pump those movies out like your company's life depends on them!

...oh, wait...

From the Hollywood Reporter:

Columbus sets out on 'Sub-Mariner' voyage
By Borys Kit

Chris Columbus has charted a course to direct and produce "Sub-Mariner," an adaptation of one of Marvel Comics' oldest superheroes, for Universal Pictures.

The film is being produced by Marvel Studios' Avi Arad, Kevin Misher and his Misher Films banner along with Columbus and his 1492 Prods.

The Sub-Mariner's other identity is that of Prince Namor, a half-man/half-amphibian creature from the underwater kingdom of Atlantis. He is known for his temper and rebellious nature and sometimes finds himself helping the human race and sometimes fighting against it when humans have polluted the waters.

The Sub-Mariner first appeared in "Marvel Comics" #1 back in 1939 when Marvel Comics was known as Timely Comics. He made his first modern appearance in the pages of "Fantastic Four" in the early 1960s.

David Self wrote the screenplay for what is intended as an epic film that will highlight various cultures, species and worlds beneath Earth's oceans. At the same time, it will tell the tale of Namor, a man who is torn between the world he grew up in and the world he belongs to.

"This is a giant project," Arad said. "Chris and I have been talking about this for six years, and once he saw where we were going with it and the world we were going to create, he jumped in."

Said Misher in a statement, "One of Marvel's original characters, the Sub-Mariner provides the opportunity to take the audience to the last unexplored region of Earth: the bottom of the ocean."

There has been a flurry of activity in comic book movies in the past week and a half. Earlier this week, it was announced that Nick Cassavetes would direct New Line Cinema's adaptation of Marvel Comics hero Iron Man (HR 11/30), and last week Paul Greengrass stepped in to helm the seminal comic "The Watchmen," which is set up at Paramount Pictures.

"Sub-Mariner" will be overseen at Universal by Mary Parent, the studio's vice chairman worldwide production, and Damien Saccani, vp production. At Marvel the movie will be overseen by Kevin Feige and Ari Arad.

Columbus will segue to the movie after completing "Rent," which is prepping to shoot at Revolution Studios. He last directed the first two installments of the "Harry Potter" movies.
PostSat Dec 04, 2004 12:42 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Regis Philbin will fill in as host of ABC's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2005 for Dick Clark, who suffered a mild stroke last week, the network announced Monday.

Philbin, co-host of the syndicated Regis & Kelly, has made subbing for ailing entertainers something of a specialty, coming to David Letterman's aid when Letterman underwent heart bypass surgery in 2000 and recovered from an eye infection in 2003.

Clark remains hospitalized following his stroke, spokesman Paul Shefrin said, but is "getting better every day."

In a statement, Clark said his doctors advised against the New Year's Eve duties, saying it was too soon.

The 75-year-old Clark has been host of a New Year's Eve special for 32 years. Philbin will be joined by singer Ashlee Simpson, who's hosting the West Coast part of the show. Besides Simpson, performers include Big & Rich, Ciara, Earth, Wind & Fire, Good Charlotte, and Billy Idol.

"It's the greatest 'temp job' in the world," Philbin said.
PostMon Dec 13, 2004 10:25 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think I'll just watch Telemundo this year.
PostMon Dec 13, 2004 10:57 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
The trailer for the remake of War of the Worlds has been released:

Watch. Now.

I think Spielberg did a nice job with the trailer. It quotes from Wells' novel and the eerie end with the green lights of explosions. Pretty sweet, if you ask me.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostTue Dec 14, 2004 3:16 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Pictures and a video behind the scenes of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie!
PostWed Dec 15, 2004 11:36 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18

Jump to: