нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Yeah, I thought so.

Mr. Green I just found this out!

Quote:
According to Warner Japan, Hideaki Anno will direct a live action movie of Go Nagai's Cutey Honey. Eriko Satoh will star as Honey. Anno says the concept is 'cool' and 'silly.' Shingo Sekine, director of advertising department in Warner Japan, says "I hope the movie will be like Charlies Angels, appealing to girls." Filming is to begin in July with the movie being released next year. Another article in the Hochi Shimbun says that Kazuya Tsurumaki will direct.

Isn't that increadible?
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 8:04 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
I saw the B&W Card (as I think the AS promo thingys should be called) regarding CB. Didn't they also say they would be showing Knocking on Heaven's Door, in addition to re-airing CB? Or am I insane . . .

I don't see anything in ASU's transcript about the Bebop movie:
http://adultswim.animationinsider.net/trans623.html

Just that it's coming back in September.
We must look to the future, for that is where we will spend the rest of our lives... Wink
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 8:31 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
I saw the B&W Card (as I think the AS promo thingys should be called) regarding CB. Didn't they also say they would be showing Knocking on Heaven's Door, in addition to re-airing CB? Or am I insane . . .

You're insane.
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 10:41 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Anime dubbing studio bids farewell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coastal Recording, the fan favorite dubbing studio, has announced that it will be closing its doors after 9 years of operation. In an e-mail to Anime News Network, Scott Houle confirmed that coastal had completed its final projects, the You're Under Arrest TV series, mini specials and movie, as of March 19th, 2003.

According to Houle, the studio has been unable to get enough steady business to continue operations. Located in South Carolina, Coastal was in the unfortunate position of not being particularly close to any of the major Anime recording hubs, located primarilly in Los Angeles, Houston and New York.

"I've always considered Coastal a specialty house because we put over 40% of our income back into production (lots of re-do's to make it sound like the actors were in the same room, an average of 12 hours of mixing per 22 min., extensive attention to detail, etc.)," explained Houle. "Coastal has never made a profit in Anime, but we kept a lot of happy actors busy and woke up every day feeling like we were producing real quality."

Coastal recorded the dub for the following titles:

Rupan III - Fuma Conspiracy
Baoh
Spirit of Wonder
You're Under Arrest! OAVs
Oh! My Goddess
Crusher Joe
Earthian
Shinesman
KITE
Elf Princess Rane
Sailor Victory
Voogie's Angel
Princess Rouge
Blue Submarine No.6
Virtua Fighter TV (25 eps.)
You're Under Arrest! TV Series (48 eps)
You're Under Arrest! Specials (20 eps)
You're Under Arrest! - The Movie
PostSun Jun 29, 2003 2:25 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
woke up every day feeling like we were producing real quality.

That would make a great slogan for Hollywood...
PostMon Jun 30, 2003 4:43 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Disney has acquired the rights to Bill and Cheri Steinkellner's pitch UNCLE STILTSKIN. The story, which was designed as an animated feature, begins where the original Brothers Grimm story ended. Rumplestiltskin tries once again to try and become a father. However, this go-around he discovers the true meaning of family.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Jul 05, 2003 9:19 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
Disney has acquired the rights to Bill and Cheri Steinkellner's pitch UNCLE STILTSKIN. The story, which was designed as an animated feature, begins where the original Brothers Grimm story ended. Rumplestiltskin tries once again to try and become a father. However, this go-around he discovers the true meaning of family.

I bet there'll be a musical number when Disney gets done.
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 8:48 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Doctor Who: The Animated Series?
Richard E. Grant (Gosford Park) will lend his voice to a new animated adventure based on the popular Doctor Who franchise, which is set to air on British network BBCi in the fall, the BBC news service reported. Grant will become the ninth actor to take on the role of the Doctor, who travels through space and time in a ship disguised as an old-fashioned police box. The British actor told the news service that his interpretation is something of a "Sherlock Holmes in space," and said he immensely enjoyed recording the story.

The script was written by Paul Cornell, who has some experience with the franchise, having authored several well-received Doctor Who novels. "Just wait until you hear Richard," Cornell told the BBC. "He is the Doctor." The timing of the project is set to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the original Doctor Who series.
PostFri Jul 11, 2003 6:14 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Virtually all production has ceased on Nickelodeon's biggest power player, Klasky-Csupo Productions. K-C shows are getting sagging ratings (not to mention their box office flop Rugrats Go Wild), so Nick has decided NOT to pick up any new episodes of any K-C series except for All Growed Up, but the network only picked up 8 episodes. (Another series, The Immigrants, is getting only 6 episodes and is heading to Spike TV.)

Also, since ratings = $ and the ratings are low, a lot of workers are going to be laid off as a result, and most of the survivors (the ones who weren't laid off) are going to be given reduced work hours. The company's possible bankruptcy is damn near close to imminent.
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 5:43 am
Stryker24

Post subject:
I.C Entertainment LineUp for November
Quote:
From the press release:

AmeriManga #12
Key Selling Points: Supports Japanese manga-style art in many genres such as futuristic science fiction and fantasy. Features 10 hot artists with new and interesting stories! Includes Full Color Pull Out Poster!

Comparable Titles: Raijin, Shonen Jump, and Mangaphile.

Synopsis: Pit against the most deadly fighter Barlow has to offer, Corinth and Gizelle seem over-powered and out of luck. With the arrival of the enigmatic priest, Tree Alexander, things are about to change; But in whose favor will his God smile? Which side is he really working for?

A.I Revolution Volume One
Artist: You Asami

Key Selling Points: Main audience is female from age 13-33. Beautiful artwork, follows the market trend of growing "shoujo" manga sales. Published in original Japanese reading format and size. Includes sound effect glossary to leave artwork untouched and still portray the whole story!

Comparable Titles: Chobits, A.I. (the movie), and Bicentennial Man (the movie).

Synopsis: Can a person truly become more than the sum of his parts? Young Midori is given an extrodinary opportunity when her father, a scientist at MG Company, asks for her help. He's created a special prototype robot, that actually looks and learns like a human, but it needs real world data testing before it can go to further production. Naming the prototype Vermilion, Midori takes on the daunting task of teaching him the gentle beauty and warmth of truly being alive. Soon Vermilion's handsome appearance and eagerness to learn begins to make an impression upon her heart, making it very difficult for Midori to remember that he isn't a human after all...

Hanaukyo Maid Team Volume Three: An Unexpected Rival
Artist: Morishige

Key Selling Points: For fans who enjoy high-spirited parodies and comedies. Published in original Japanese reading format with original Japanese covers. Includes sound effect glossary to leave artwork untouched and still portray the whole story!

Comparable Titles: Love Hina, Ah! My Goddess!, Tenchi Muyo, and Hand Maid May.

Synopsis: Yashima Sanae, substitute head security maid, has now joined Hanaukyo after finishing her training in foreign country. She notices how close Taro has become to Konoe, whom she idolizes and loves, and decides to make sure that Taro doesn't get too close. Her love towards Konoe is so enormous that she stalks Konoe and Taro while they are out on a trip for physical training.

Dragon Fist Volume Two: The Raging Dragon
Artist: Kenji Okamura

Key Selling Points: For fans of boxing, martial arts, and Japanese manga. Presented in its authentic Japanese reading format and size. Includes sound effect glossary to leave artwork untouched and still portray the whole story!

Comparable Titles: Ashita No Joe and Great Teacher Onizuka.

Synopsis: Now that Ken has revived his dreams of professional boxing, he must shake off his ties to the Yakuza before they drag him down. But that's easier said than done, especially when they threaten all that is dear to him to keep him within their control!

Yui Kanonsho Volume One: Lost Memories
Artist: Narumi Kakinouchi

Key Selling Points: For fans of Japanese manga and demonology, gothic stories, Anne Rice and other paranormal mythology. Published in original Japanese reading format. Includes sound effect glossary to leave artwork untouched and still portray the whole story!
Comparable Titles: Vampire Princess Miyu and The Vampire Dahlia.

Synopsis: Bleeding and wounded, Vampire Yui arrives seeking shelter at a most unusual place... a church! Under the priest's care, Yui recovers quickly but her memories have mysteriously vanished! Haunted by dreams and visions of unknown faces, Yui must reclaim her identity before a nearby spirit wrecks havoc around her!
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 12:27 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nevermind the post about Klasky-Csupo going bankrupt. It turns out to be a big, fat lie.
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 8:17 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
"Destino," a seven-minute animated film that sprang from a collaboration between Walt Disney and Salvador Dali, had a belated world premiere at the Annecy animated film festival on Monday.

Begun in 1946, the short, which was originally intended to be part of a compilation film, was shelved when the Disney studio ran into financial difficulties. Roy Disney rediscovered the footage four years ago and spearheaded a project to restore and finish it.

As a follow-up to that story:

""Destino," the recently rediscovered and restored short-film collaboration between Walt Disney and surrealist artist Salvador Dali, took the Grand Prix for Best Short Film at the Melbourne International Film Festival on Friday.

Disney now has its eyes set on an Academy Award nomination for the short and is looking for other ways to exploit the film commercially."

Source: Yahoo! News via Toon Zone.
PostTue Aug 12, 2003 12:43 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Here's your chance, Spookmonkey!
Computer circuit maker AMD will sponsor the AMD Athlon 64 Processor Animation and Digital Film Contest, a global search for the best non-commercial animation and digital short films. Eligible participants can submit original 30- to 45-second, animations or digital short films for considerationin one of two categories: "Digital Cinematography" or "Computer Character Animation." Six semifinalists will be selected (three in each category) by AMD and a panel of experts. These six submissions will be re-rendered by AMD on an AMD Athlon 64 processor-based system at the conclusion of the contest.

Each grand prize winner will receive a desktop system based on the upcoming AMD Athlon 64 processor and $6,400 cash.

The contest is being held to coincide with the launch of AMD's new Athlon 64 processor.

Contest information and official rules can be found at the company's website.
PostTue Aug 12, 2003 12:45 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Mouse Planet says that Disney has cut its 2-D animation staff down to 60, has nothing in the pipeline for them to work on, and the message from the top is "No more traditional animated films." Worse, the Mouse is talking about reanimating Disney's classic 2-D features in 3-D; it is already making a hand-drawn short ("Lorenzo the Cat") for no other purpose than to render it in 3-D.

Part of the reason for the shift, says Mouse Planet, is that the company fears it has another 2-D bomb in the pipeline: At a test screening, the $175 million Home on the Range came back as a note calling it "more boring than church."

Ouch. Sad
PostFri Aug 15, 2003 11:11 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Disney needs to go back to its roots for animated movies. Their own versions of classic fairy tales/myths. Not reinvent them entirely (ie Treasure Planet-- which actually was very true to the original story).

I would LOVE to see an animated version of Beowulf and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Disney COULD do a kick ass job on if they put their best people on it. Oh and advertise it -c o r r e c t l y- which also has been a big problem for them.

At least their has been BIG pressure for Eisner to step down as head honcho. If only they would put good ol' Roy up there whenever he actually leaves.

Bottom line: Disney has to rerealize story is most important when it comes to animation. Not, I repeat NOT, making sure it's for kids only.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Aug 15, 2003 11:29 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 11 of 21

Jump to: