нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Favorite Mobile Suit?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Favorite Mobile Suit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
But the flaps must be completly opened before the torso can move. Their protective benifit is therefore, moot. As for stealth, I can see how those large white stripes do well to prevent visual detection since Gundanium is naturaly invisible to radar.
PostFri Feb 06, 2004 11:56 pm
The_Punisher

Post subject:
WhtHawk wrote:
Zer0 wrote:
His wings on the Custom still fold out from flaps. This isnt rocket science. You don't have to prove a theorum.

The original argument was:

WhtHawk wrote:
The flaps just didn't make sense.

The above post (pictures) clarified the terms I used in my argument.

The attachment method is crucial to my argument as it places a constraints of the capabilities of the Death Scythe Hell.

To clarify my argument:

Flaps (the TV version of the cloak) suck because:
    1. The flaps raise the center of gravity for the suit, making control more difficult.
    2. Flaps add rear-ward pitch during atmospheric combat. i.e. The make the suit behave as if it were top-heavy
    3. The flaps restrict any torso movement in the rear-ward direction. i.e. reaching over shoulder or pulling shoulder back
    4. They look stupid open.

Wings (The Endless Waltz version) are good because:
    1. The wings attach to the back of the torso and extend outward rather than upward, retaining the original center of gravity.
    2. Wings make atmospheric combat easier by adding lift to powered flight and adding control to descents.
    3. Wings have fewer pieces and/or cracks than the flaps. This offers better protection and fewer reflective surfaces for easier escape of enemy detection.
    4. Wings look cool, especially bat wings. After all this is the god of death.

I agree with just about everyone's argument and the pounts above are very true except for the fact that the wings DO look cool open. but the EW wings are better because they are bigger and have a better color scheme.
PostSat Feb 07, 2004 1:45 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Since when has the military placed form before function?
PostSat Feb 07, 2004 2:18 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Since aparently japanese artists took over the government.
PostSat Feb 07, 2004 9:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zer0

Post subject:
WhtHawk wrote:
As for stealth, I can see how those large white stripes do well to prevent visual detection since Gundanium is naturaly invisible to radar.

What.....are....you...talking about? Nowhere in Wing do they ever say gundanium is invisable to radar. And Deathscythe Hell is a stealth gundam. ie. numerous episodes where he sneaks into enemy territory. In particular where Catherine and Trowa's colony is, he destroys the MS's before anyone knew he was there.

This isn't about the flaps now. It's a quest to prove that your WQIng knowledge is not up to par.
PostSat Feb 07, 2004 11:00 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zer0 wrote:
WhtHawk wrote:
As for stealth, I can see how those large white stripes do well to prevent visual detection since Gundanium is naturaly invisible to radar.

What.....are....you...talking about? Nowhere in Wing do they ever say gundanium is invisable to radar. And Deathscythe Hell is a stealth gundam. ie. numerous episodes where he sneaks into enemy territory. In particular where Catherine and Trowa's colony is, he destroys the MS's before anyone knew he was there.

This isn't about the flaps now. It's a quest to prove that your WQIng knowledge is not up to par.

Ok, here goes:

www.gundamofficial.com wrote:
Gundanium alloy
A unique compound which can only be produced in the zero-gravity conditions of space. In addition to its incredible strength, Gundanium alloy is electrically nonconductive and cannot be detected by radar. However, this material is expensive and difficult to manufacture, making it unfeasible for mass production.

Death Scythe was able to sneak into the colony because Duo is a very skilled pilot in a very advanced mobile suit, which can't be detected by radar, and has an ECS to prevent detection by anything but visual means. Thus, the one detectible weakness of the Death Scythe Hell is its white stripes; However, this is somewhat remedied with the hyper jammer but as demonstrated in the episodes was ineffective at close range, once the battle had begun, or when the suit became damaged. Had you not wondered why OZ had so much trouble identifying any of the suits even when they were attacking in the open with out a visual confirmation?
PostSun Feb 08, 2004 12:02 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
I can understand you beleiving the Gundam Official site, but if you dont take it so litterally and just take the info from the show, you would know that Deathscythe is the only stealth gundam.
PostSun Feb 08, 2004 2:59 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Death Scythe is the only gundam built for stealth; that is not in question. Its stealth ability is above and beyond the others, due to that fact. But the rest of the gundams do benefit from their gundanium construction. As a show watcher, you know that it is difficult for them to identify any of the gundams in a short period of time. Later, as they understood the construction of the gundams, other sensors could be substituted in place of radar to identify them. (i.e. infrared, LADAR, SONAR, cameras, and others) I'm not saying that the other gundams are undetectable, just that they had inherent stealth ability from their gundanium armor.

Back to the original question. Why the wite stripes? When the cloak is open, arn't they just like a giant bull's-eye? I yeld to Andromaton's reasoning. Too bad artists arn't stratigists.
PostSun Feb 08, 2004 3:46 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
What nitpicky lil bitches. Damn.
PostSun Feb 08, 2004 5:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quiet comma you.
PostSun Feb 08, 2004 7:12 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
See, this is one of the reasons I prefer UC Gundam. We don't have to worry about arguments over radar avoidance/detection thanks to everybody's favorite radioactive buddy: Mr. Minovsky Particle!

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!! "I wuv yuu Mista Minuvskii Pawtico!"
PostTue Feb 10, 2004 12:36 am
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
"Well actualy..." *noticing stares* "never mind."
PostTue Feb 10, 2004 1:32 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
WHO CARES ABOUT STEALTH?! JUST BLOW THE CRAP OUT OF THEM!!!
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 5:49 pm
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
Tri_GUN_damwing wrote:
WHO CARES ABOUT STEALTH?! JUST BLOW THE CRAP OUT OF THEM!!!

Indeed, which is wht I favour heavily armed mobile suits such as Heavyarms (no pun intended, Seriously)
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 8:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
Oh yeah. Firepower all the way.
PostWed Feb 11, 2004 9:24 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: